EBay

Brilliant!

Here you go guys there is another Sakic Nordiques on ebay plus the seller also has the Mighty Ducks Wild Wing replica xl here is the link to the Nordiques....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-CCM-Nordique...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAY-BOURQUE-BOSTON-BRU...1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks good to me, any second opinions? Would look real good with the Bruins 75th Patch. Too bad 52 is too big on me.

bos_75.jpg

Bruins7.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAY-BOURQUE-BOSTON-BRU...1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks good to me, any second opinions? Would look real good with the Bruins 75th Patch. Too bad 52 is too big on me.

bos_75.jpg

Bruins7.gif

Well, the lettering looks a different than it should be, but the jersey looks good to me too.

Edit: on second thought, I wouldn't buy that one. It has no fight strap. Probably the Made in Haiti version, so it doesn't have re-inforced elbows either.

Well, the lettering looks a different than it should be

In what way?

well...i was hoping to get this, so i was keeping it down for a bit, but it's a little more than i can afford for right now...therefore, a gift to my fellow Sabres fans out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-PRO-DUMONT-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

yeh - i was in the hunt for this one for a while as well ... atleast i can say i was the top bidder for a while :closedeyes:

i dropped out before it got even near $100. grats to whoever gets it - would be nice to know it goes to a good home.

Wow...that is beautiful. I wonder how hard it would be to replicate that? Probably not that hard.

It went crazy these jerseys are going for more then I can spend, stupid jersey collectors! :)

EDIT - auctions over, anyone get it? I tried hard and went to $250 but it seems a few were swarming it. On a side note there was also a Modano North Stars I was in on but it went up to $400 and which is just nuts I'm not breaking the bank for that sorry. I'll get some rest and go at the Jets jersey and see if I can land that one.

Wow...that is beautiful. I wonder how hard it would be to replicate that? Probably not that hard.

That one is an authentic with the fight strap. The original sewn crest was removed and then replaced with the "NEW YORK" letting in the same font as the names on the backs, which makes it pretty easy. This is a good way to go since you already get the secondary logo patches already and the fight strap.

You would have a problem doing this with a Sabres replica because the crest would be heat sealed and probably would not come off without damaging the jersey.

I took the other route with mine, and bought a Sabres replica blank from icejereys, as well as a Rangers tie-neck blank.

Because I bought a blank, I did have to purchase the Sabres shoulder logos separately from ebay, which I think I got for $4 each and then had the "NEW YORK" added to the front.

The Rangers was both easier and more difficult at the same time. The lack of secondary logos made it easier, but the "Rangers" font on the front was not the same as the name on the back like the Sabres was. I sent my customizer a collection of photos showing the old "NEW YORK" v-neck version the Rangers used back in the 80's, and he had to trace the letters in Corel. While this was in the works, I came across my first ever photo of one of the actual 2001 game used jerseys used in this game. I made some constructive criticism of his first attempt (some serifs were drawn crooked because of the jersey in the original photo not laying perfectly flat) and showed him the new photo, which caused us to change the "W" because of some changes in the font over the years. Once we made the adjustments to the first try, the second try turned out really nice.

I've been meaning to find the time to take some photos of them, but haven't been able to yet. Being currently out of work means I'm a full time daycare Dad and my 4 year old has been getting a lot of attention lately. :thumbsup:

I do plan on putting Barnes #41 "C" on the Sabres and Messier #11 "C" plus the 9/11 Memorial Ribbon on the shoulder. Aside from being the pair of Captains from the "Twin Towers" game, choosing Barnes will now extend my collection once more (having earlier sold a Thibault #41) to at least one jersey from every digit from #1 to #41.

Pictures to follow, perhaps sometime next week...

at least one jersey from every digit from #1 to #41.

So in the spectrum of 1-99 how many numbers do you not have and how many of them are you gonna try to fill?

So in the spectrum of 1-99 how many numbers do you not have and how many of them are you gonna try to fill?

I've got relatively few numbers over #40.

I have tentative plans to do a #55 and then it leaps up to 66 & 68 for Lemieux and Jagr, 71 for Kovalchuk and Malkin, 77 for Bourque, 87 for Crosby, plans for a #88 Selanne Finland.

Then in the 90's I've got 91 (Fedorov), 96 (Bouchard & Bure), 97 (Roenick) and 99 for Gretzky.

That's just 11 digits over 41 out of a possible 58, so three's certainly no plans to ever go for them all. I have a spread sheet of my collection and once, for fun, sorted it by jersey number and realized that I was only missing #23 from #1 through #35. I did go out of my way to get #23, #36 & #38 to get to 40.

I do have hopes to do #00 sometime. Probably Biron, but I'm not sure if I should go with the blue & yellow or the black & red Sabres. He did wear both with that number. Davidson is always a possibility since I don't have that mid 70's style of Rangers jersey he wore yet. You know, that might be a better way to go since I have both styles of Sabres already...

I could always do a #0 Sheehy Whalers, but if I got one of those old style Whalers, there's certainly better player options than that...

I do have hopes to do #00 sometime. Probably Biron, but I'm not sure if I should go with the blue & yellow or the black & red Sabres. He did wear both with that number.

I thought they brought out the rule against having 00# after the 95-96 season when he debuted that number?

I thought they brought out the rule against having 00# after the 95-96 season when he debuted that number?

Based on pictures I can find, 98/99 was the first year that Biron didn't wear 00.

Why was that rule created? I thought that rule had always existed! Who else wore that number?

Why was that rule created? I thought that rule had always existed! Who else wore that number?

I've got photos of Biron wearing #00 with both Sabres jersey styles. John Davidson also wore #00 for the Rangers in the late 70's for a time.

I believe the league ruled out #0 and #00 due to issues with computer software and stat sorting that those numbers messed up.

According to hockeydb.com he didn't even suit up for the Sabres in 96-97.

Pictures on Getty show him in Blue and Gold wearing 00 in 95/96 and the Goat Head in 97/98. He was on the roster in 97/98 but never actually made an appearance in a game.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0000331998.html