EBay

Brilliant!

Wow!!! That is crazy!!!! Personally, I'm not much of a fan of most of that first wave of Alternates, but I appreciate how rare and valuable they are. The Burger King and Wild Wing are kind of "meh" to me. I am a big fan of the Tampa Bay Storm jersey though. For some reason that one really speaks to me. I need to get one of those one of these days.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i at one point had gamers of all the alternates and they are all unique and i believe really exemplify the times. Back then the nhl was looking for a identity and they found an identity that was half Mickey Mouse and half clown.

I dig them all in there own unique way even though i have rid myself of all them.

i at one point had gamers of all the alternates and they are all unique and i believe really exemplify the times. Back then the nhl was looking for a identity and they found an identity that was half Mickey Mouse and half clown.

I dig them all in there own unique way even though i have rid myself of all them.

I completely agree. I just don't really want a lot of them. Thank God that Blues one never saw the light of day!!!

I think Kool Moe Dee said it best with "How do you like me now!"

You also missed the fallen one, Jagr, Stevens, Coffey. wow what a great team. Then AND now. They must do a lot of dumping.

Jim wanted to buy Phoenix not the pen's. that was more of a rumor. He talked to Lemieux once and it fell apart after one day. It was more "thanks but no thanks" meeting.

Oh well. 1 cup, two finials, scoring title, and a MVP in 3 years ain't to shabby but hey! at least the Rangers got Avery to make their games worth watching. :thumbsup:

I am having more fun watching this season than probably any other besides 2006-07 in a LONG time. But the fact remains the Penguins are anything BUT a "model franchise." That's really all I'm saying.

Wow!!! That is crazy!!!! Personally, I'm not much of a fan of most of that first wave of Alternates, but I appreciate how rare and valuable they are. The Burger King and Wild Wing are kind of "meh" to me. I am a big fan of the Tampa Bay Storm jersey though. For some reason that one really speaks to me. I need to get one of those one of these days.

:lol:

that's STUPID for a replica to go for that...maybe a little "inside" bidding going on?..BTW... it's the Tampa Bay LIGHTNING, not storm (that's the arena fb team)

:thumbsup:

:lol:

that's STUPID for a replica to go for that...maybe a little "inside" bidding going on?..BTW... it's the Tampa Bay LIGHTNING, not storm (that's the arena fb team)

:thumbsup:

I believe he may have been referring to the "seasickness" jersey. Not the team :thumbsup:

Though I could be wrong, and look like an idiot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Blackhawks-Keith-Edge-New-Authentic-Jersey-56-/180616838594?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a0d9a3dc2

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Blackhawks-TOEWS-Edge-New-Authentic-Jersey-60-/180616836999?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a0d9a3787

I believe hawks jerseys are in demand, though I dont know why anyone in their right minds would like the blackhawks when the wings are clearly the superior team and model organization of the league!

Jim wanted to buy Phoenix not the pen's. that was more of a rumor. He talked to Lemieux once and it fell apart after one day. It was more "thanks but no thanks" meeting.

He most certainly tried to purchase the Pens and the Preds in addition to the Coyotes. I just wrote a huge paper on the topic and did extensive research, so it's fresh in my mind. Briefs by the NHL showed exactly what happened, they went through a few rounds of negotiations, and he was approved by the GMs on the grounds of him signing a non-relocation clause for 7 years. After further negotiations with 2 plans in place, he revealed he wanted to move them and only then did the deal fall through. He went further with the Preds, going as far as using their logo to sell season tickets in Hamilton. If you need proof, let me know as it's a good read, but I don't have it off hand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Blackhawks-Keith-Edge-New-Authentic-Jersey-56-/180616838594?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a0d9a3dc2

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Blackhawks-TOEWS-Edge-New-Authentic-Jersey-60-/180616836999?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a0d9a3787

I believe hawks jerseys are in demand, though I dont know why anyone in their right minds would like the blackhawks when the wings are clearly the superior team and model organization of the league!

are those twill nameplates?

He most certainly tried to purchase the Pens and the Preds in addition to the Coyotes. I just wrote a huge paper on the topic and did extensive research, so it's fresh in my mind. Briefs by the NHL showed exactly what happened, they went through a few rounds of negotiations, and he was approved by the GMs on the grounds of him signing a non-relocation clause for 7 years. After further negotiations with 2 plans in place, he revealed he wanted to move them and only then did the deal fall through. He went further with the Preds, going as far as using their logo to sell season tickets in Hamilton. If you need proof, let me know as it's a good read, but I don't have it off hand.

balsillie.jpg

I hate that the NHL is so opposed to relocation, because Bassille would be a great owner that actually gives a s*** about the team and movie it to an area where they would flourish.

balsillie.jpg

I hate that the NHL is so opposed to relocation, because Bassille would be a great owner that actually gives a s*** about the team and movie it to an area where they would flourish.

They looked down upon him based off of his lack of forthrightness with the Penguins situation, then completely blacklisted him for the Predators debacle. Their main problem was that he tried to circumvent the procedures, and he's actually the first potential owner blacklisted using a clause in the NHL's governing doctrine that allows banning a potential owner due to poor character and lack of integrity. He was a bit too eager and essentially shot himself in the foot. The GMs hated him and thought he was a cancer to the league, then the NHL enforced it.

Honestly the Coyotes case was really interesting, I loved writing about it haha. 25 pages of fun!

Oh. so the same thing happend every year with Crosby, Malkin and Flurry?

Or is it just good ol fashion scouting and team management and skilled trades?!?!

naa couldn't be that.

Good old fashioned scouting?!?!? You could have lived under a rock and still ended up choosing Malkin and Crosby. So Caps take Ovechkin, hmm, who should the Penguins pick, it was miles between the top 2 and 3rd overall pick that season. Same with Crosby, as good as Bobby Ryan can be, he will never be a Sydney Crosby. As for Fleury, 2003 was one of the most ridiculously deep drafts of the decade, you could have thrown darts at a wall of players and made out, as far as team management and trades, we now have 4 first rounders from that draft. Finally Jordan Staal, again, possibly not even the best available player taken. While he is great depth and a nice two way player, why would they draft another center? And if they are going to draft a center, why not Nik Backstrom or Jonathan Toews, who both center the 1st line, not the 3rd (or more recently 2nd). For all the complaining you guys do about wingers for Crosby, perhaps a shrewd move would have been to draft a high level winger with one of those fancy picks you guys accumulated, and in this draft year that could have been Phil Kessel. So please take your good ol' fashion scouting argument somewhere else...

Jordan Staal is one of the main reasons the Pens beat the Wings in the 2009 finals. His two-way play and short-handed goal in that series were absolutely invaluable. They don't win that Cup without him.

And in an attempt to get us back on topic...

My link

Saw this 'authentic' on ebay. Messaged the seller that it was a replica with a sewn on NHL patch and not an authentic. here was his response:

"Wow your smart, DUMB ######. Nowhere do I mention its a game jersey, and if it was I would charge over 200 dollars for it. I also mention I put a Nhl logo on the bottom part. So STFU and keep it moving."

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-AUTHENTIC-CHICAGO-CHELIOS-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY-48-L-/320646786088?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa809ac28

Of course, I never said it was a game worn jersey, simply that it was a replica jersey with an NHL patch sewn on.

Saw this 'authentic' on ebay. Messaged the seller that it was a replica with a sewn on NHL patch and not an authentic. here was his response:

"Wow your smart, DUMB ######. Nowhere do I mention its a game jersey, and if it was I would charge over 200 dollars for it. I also mention I put a Nhl logo on the bottom part. So STFU and keep it moving."

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4aa809ac28

Of course, I never said it was a game worn jersey, simply that it was a replica jersey with an NHL patch sewn on.

Wow people are rediculous..what a toolbelt, you should personally sew an Arse whooping on his face

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-AUTHENTIC-CHICAGO-CHELIOS-BLACKHAWKS-JERSEY-48-L-/320646786088?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa809ac28

What an Arse. Its a shame when there are ebay sellers out there who don't know jack and turn it around on you. That's why proper stores are better sometimes because at least 'the customer is always right'.

and another winner. item for sale 'to be determined'. WTF Is that about?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...b#ht_876wt_1038

LOL what is this..and why is it so rediculously expensive? I cant wait to see what jersey it ends up being

I think listing fees were free yesterday so that's probably why he did it. I see that a lot actually. You list for free but do it quickly and a lot of them and then edit it later. Not saying it's right but that's probably why it looks like that now.

Speaking of eBay idiots, I'm watching a few jerseys that end in four days, and there's a couple of morons getting into a bidding war right now over a replica jersey. I honestly can't stand people who don't know how to bid.

I think listing fees were free yesterday so that's probably why he did it. I see that a lot actually. You list for free but do it quickly and a lot of them and then edit it later. Not saying it's right but that's probably why it looks like that now.

Speaking of eBay idiots, I'm watching a few jerseys that end in four days, and there's a couple of morons getting into a bidding war right now over a replica jersey. I honestly can't stand people who don't know how to bid.

It happens all the time...A listing can have 5 days left and have 23 bids...alot of the time (i really believe this) its just the fact that you HAVE to have the highest bid and forget how much you are actually bidding.

If you were the seller you'd be tickled pink... wouldn't you?