Greatest moment you have seen live

lafountain

I am sure many of us have been to NHL games. Out of the games you have seen live, what is the highlight that sticks out most to you.

For me it is during the Thrashers expansion season I went and saw the first few games and when Buffalo came to town I was at the game where Patrick Stefan scored his first career goal against Hasek.

I know Stefan didn't turn into the star that many expected, but it was still nice seeing the 1st overall pick score his first career goal.

Sadly since hockey was still somewhat new in its return to Atlanta most fans didn't realize what had just happened and the announcers didn't really point the fact out. They just announced it as his first goal of the season.

I was at Messier's retirement. I also saw Pavel Bure score a hat trick to secure his 57th, 58th, and 59th goals of the season in 2001. He won the Richard after that. I had wanted him to score one more in that game so badly to see him hit 60.

I was at Messier's retirement. I also saw Pavel Bure score a hat trick to secure his 57th, 58th, and 59th goals of the season in 2001. He won the Richard after that. I had wanted him to score one more in that game so badly to see him hit 60.

Being at Messier's retirement would have been so cool.

Bure was always such an amazing player, he just at times didn't seem to care enough to try harder.

Being at Messier's retirement would have been so cool.

Bure was always such an amazing player, he just at times didn't seem to care enough to try harder.

Both we're pretty special games. As for Bure trying harder... I know. Why couldn't he have just had a 4 goal game that night and gotten to 60?

In all seriousness I know what you mean though. He was an exciting player, but it seems like he could have been even better and played with much more heart at times. Still love his kick to stick move. Maybe I'll post a clip of Bure highlights next...

Both we're pretty special games. As for Bure trying harder... I know. Why couldn't he have just had a 4 goal game that night and gotten to 60?

In all seriousness I know what you mean though. He was an exciting player, but it seems like he could have been even better and played with much more heart at times. Still love his kick to stick move. Maybe I'll post a clip of Bure highlights next...

Mogilny seemed to be the same way most of the time. I remember the season MoGo has 76 goals, but after that he just seemed to be going through the motions.

Which does make the numbers of Moginly and Bure both even more impressive if they weren't putting all of their talents into the game at all times.

Mogilny seemed to be the same way most of the time. I remember the season MoGo has 76 goals, but after that he just seemed to be going through the motions.

Which does make the numbers of Moginly and Bure both even more impressive if they weren't putting all of their talents into the game at all times.

You have to wonder about a lot of guys like that. How good could they have been. Even the ones that seem passionate though - Kovalchuk for instance - he plays with intensity, but I think he can almost score at will. It makes you wonder if they're putting 100% in, just in terms of ability, not necessarily hustle or effort. Is Kovalchuk trying every move he's got. Is he shooting when ever he's got a glimmer of a chance or does he pass sometimes when he might be able to shoot or carry. I just wonder how dominant some of these guys could be.

I am sure many of us have been to NHL games. Out of the games you have seen live, what is the highlight that sticks out most to you.

For me it is during the Thrashers expansion season I went and saw the first few games and when Buffalo came to town I was at the game where Patrick Stefan scored his first career goal against Hasek.

I know Stefan didn't turn into the star that many expected, but it was still nice seeing the 1st overall pick score his first career goal.

Sadly since hockey was still somewhat new in its return to Atlanta most fans didn't realize what had just happened and the announcers didn't really point the fact out. They just announced it as his first goal of the season.

For me, it was the first 'white-out' in Phoenix, 1997 playoffs, round one, game 3. It's not necessarily the game that sticks out, but it was the amazement that a sell-out crowd in Phoenix would actually wear white for this game. I was sitting five rows behing the visitor's bench, the atmosphere and noise was incredible. The other thing was having a clear view of Vaclav Varada plastering Krys Kolanos into the boards. It was Elvis Night at America West Arena, I do remember that. Yay.

For me, the top of my list has to be seeing the Habs win and raise the Stanley Cup in May 1979 by beating the Rangers 4-1 and winning the finals 4 games to 1. I don't recall it being an overly exciting game, due to the series score and the final score of the game, but seeing that great team parade the cup around the old forum in what is still the last Stanley Cup Final played between two original six teams, was quite a thrill.

For pure excitement, my attendance at two games of the 1993 Canadiens cup run was way up there. After being down 2-0 in the series, losing the first two in quebec against the Nordiques, I attended game 3 in montreal. With the Canadiens staring a potential 3-0 series deficit to the rival Nords (Roy's hometown team) in the face, overtime in game three was marked by two disputed goals that were reviewed by the video goal judge. The first review ruled that Stephan Lebeau had knocked the puck in with a high stick, but the second upheld the Habs' winning goal, as it was directed in by the skate of Quebec defenceman Alexei Gusarov and not that of a Montreal player. It was the start of the Canadiens and Patrick Roy's string of 10 straight overtime wins en route to winning the cup by going 16-2 through the rest of the playoffs.

I also went up to Quebec City to see game 5 of that series after the Habs had tied the series 2-2. They won this game (their second overtime win) 5-4 when Vincent Damphousse flew down the wing and blasted the puck by Ron Hextall. What a moment!

Lucky. I've never been there to see the cup won. It's something I want to do before I die, but it's difficult to guarantee you'll see the cup unless it's a game seven situation. Playoff tickets are way too expensive to play a guessing game.

Lucky. I've never been there to see the cup won. It's something I want to do before I die, but it's difficult to guarantee you'll see the cup unless it's a game seven situation. Playoff tickets are way too expensive to play a guessing game.

Yeah, seeing the Cup won would be amazing. I saw the Steelheads win the Kelley Cup of the ECHL a few years ago, that was pretty cool too. Was kind of strange, the Steelheads took a 3-0 lead in the series but I had to work the night of Game 4 so I was cheering for the Florida Everblades to win Game 4 so I could attend Game 5, and that is what ended up happening. Dan Ellis who is a backup goaltender for Dallas was amazing in that run for the championships, he singlehandedly carried them to the finals and won the Playoff MVP award.

I've been to one game in my life, and it was the Leafs vs. Flames. It was special to me because my grandfather took me, and it was the last time we went somewhere together. He's passed on since then.

I've been to one game in my life, and it was the Leafs vs. Flames. It was special to me because my grandfather took me, and it was the last time we went somewhere together. He's passed on since then.

Very nice and very sad story LeafsFan. I hope you get to attend more games in the future. Though I have heard that the Canadian teams are difficult to get tickets for since corporations buy so many tickets.

Yeah, all the companies buy tickets and give them away to the employees, and they are REALLY expensive. :| Well, TV is as good as ever with HD boxes.

Yeah, all the companies buy tickets and give them away to the employees, and they are REALLY expensive. :| Well, TV is as good as ever with HD boxes.

A lot of NY companies buy Rangers tickets up like that too. Probably not to the same extent, but I good handful of the games I went to in the late 90's and early 00's were from tickets I was given from people I'd done work for, or from publishers I'd worked with.