Ron Wilson Interviewed During Game

SteveNJ

During the SJ-FLA game on Versus, they had Ron Wilson on with Dave Strader and Daryl Reaugh for an actual live interview (just a few questions, but still). Has this EVER happened on a live game before?

During the SJ-FLA game on Versus, they had Ron Wilson on with Dave Strader and Daryl Reaugh for an actual live interview (just a few questions, but still). Has this EVER happened on a live game before?

I saw that too, not sure if it is something new for this season or not, but I have never seen it other than this game either.

• 1 month later...

This is new for this season, I believe. I've seen the local TV drone standing in the tunnel leaning over and asking quick questions to coaches and players between whistles. It's a way for the NHL to bring the fan further "into" the game. The Coyotes have a player miked up during every Thursday home game. I always go to the Thursday games, so I never experience that in-game feature. Technology is there, IMO, they can always be more innovative.