Ugliest Players

Mach_9

Well. There are the obvious ones: Brind'amour. Ricci. etc. and then there are the less talked about ones. Recently I've noticed that Pavel Datsyuk actually looks like a zombie and Evgeni Malkin is no charmer either. Anze Kopitar is a pretty bad looking dude as well. Ryan Miller's eyes are crooked (but the girls seem to love him).

Well. There are the obvious ones: Brind'amour. Ricci. etc. and then there are the less talked about ones. Recently I've noticed that Pavel Datsyuk actually looks like a zombie and Evgeni Malkin is no charmer either. Anze Kopitar is a pretty bad looking dude as well. Ryan Miller's eyes are crooked (but the girls seem to love him).

Kasparitis

Roenick comes to mind. I don't know, I'll ask my wife for the female perspective.

BTW, Ricci was voted Sexiest Athlete in Denver in 1996. I guess to get a date in Denver, you have to break your nose about five times and remove some teeth. Now that's GQ. :lol:

As I mentioned before, Mike Ricci is one ugly dude if you ask me. Back in the 70's, the Habs had a player named Jim (or Jimmy) Roberts who we always talked about as the homeliest player in the NHL. Another guy from many years back that was in the same whiny/ugly/psycho looking mold as Ricci, was Ken Linseman of the Bruins.

Roenick comes to mind. I don't know, I'll ask my wife for the female perspective.

BTW, Ricci was voted Sexiest Athlete in Denver in 1996. I guess to get a date in Denver, you have to break your nose about five times and remove some teeth. Now that's GQ. :lol:

I know. It's disturbing... I wonder if it was a joke? He was once quoted, after getting hit with a puck and loosing teeth, saying "there goes my modeling career". I'm pretty sure he knew he wasn't the greatest looking.

I know. It's disturbing... I wonder if it was a joke? He was once quoted, after getting hit with a puck and loosing teeth, saying "there goes my modeling career". I'm pretty sure he knew he wasn't the greatest looking.

No joke, but Ricci's award was 1997, actually, not 1996. I was at a game at McNichols Arena back then and you wouldn't believe how many women were wearing Ricci jerseys. Must be the altitude. :lol:

No joke, but Ricci's award was 1997, actually, not 1996. I was at a game at McNichols Arena back then and you wouldn't believe how many women were wearing Ricci jerseys. Must be the altitude. :lol:

That's just strange. Than again, people think Sideny Crosby and Ryan Miller are gems and neither of them are very attractive human beings. At leas they're stars though...

Who knows.

If there was a parade to celebrate ugly people, I'd buy a Ricci jersey for the festivities. Ovechkin is an oddball, I saw a picture of him with the calder trophy..he looks like a Romulan from Star Trek.

If there was a parade to celebrate ugly people, I'd buy a Ricci jersey for the festivities. Ovechkin is an oddball, I saw a picture of him with the calder trophy..he looks like a Romulan from Star Trek.

He's always smiling though- it's hard to call him ugly compared to some of these guys, but he is odd. Ogrish maybe.

He's always smiling though- it's hard to call him ugly compared to some of these guys, but he is odd. Ogrish maybe.

Ovechkin reminds me of a young Roger Waters from the early Pink Floyd days.

By the way, did anyone see Ovechkin put Karlis Skrastins through the glass last Wednesday? It wasn't a dirty hit, just well-timed. The Pepsi Center plexiglass got the worst of that collision.

Ovechkin reminds me of a young Roger Waters from the early Pink Floyd days.

By the way, did anyone see Ovechkin put Karlis Skrastins through the glass last Wednesday? It wasn't a dirty hit, just well-timed. The Pepsi Center plexiglass got the worst of that collision.

Didn't see the hit. Agree on the Roger Waters comment. For a while I thought he reminded me of someone and I think that may be it.

• 3 months later...

What about Ryan Smyth?

Darren Mccarty?(sp?)

Personaly i have no idea what the apeal of crosby is but I know more than a few who find him pretty hot. lol.

Lately I've noticed that Henrik Zetteberg looks like Martin Havlat's ugly younger brother. Martin Havlat, on the other hand, I've learned to admit is a decent looking guy. Karlis Skrastins isn't too good looking - he was mentioned earlier in the thread. How about Scott Parker on SJ? Wow... words cannot describe that kind of ugly.

Pavel Datsyuk looks like he's missing a chromosome or is perhaps from another planet. He's just not quite "right".

Datsyuk_Pavel.jpg

Another goofy looking dude is Marian Gaborik.

marian-gaborik.jpg

If he didn't have money, he'd be single.