NHL Playoff Thread

I admit it, I am on a slight sleep deficit right now but its only going to get worse with the Flames starting at 10pm EST tonight not to mention the 3 other playoff series that kick off today. I am pumped! Thoughts, predictions, hopes?

Personally I think its Montreal and SJ in the final but any combination of Ana/Det and Pitt/Wash wouldn't necessarily surprise me. Montreal and SJ have been absolutely dominate the last 2 months of the season. The one series I could care less about is the Rangers Devils series happening in my own backyard. I wish there was someway both teams could eliminate each other. Either way, let's get it on!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with your choice of Montreal/San Jose in the Cup Finals, but this all depends on how Price handles the pressure of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

There are some interesting series though in the first round.

Colorado/Minnesota is one that I look forward to watching.

Though I am not really a fan of either team the New Jersey/Rangers series might be one of the better matchups in the first round. One thing that has been proven in playoffs past is that all it takes is a hot goaltender to carry a team and both goalies in that series are capable of carrying a team on their own.

Sweet! The Avalanche take game 1 in OT over the Wild, 3-2. Kinda surprised with how the Flames are doing vs. San Jose, 3-1 in the third. I kinda expected the Penguins to win and expect them to take the series.

While I am surprised that the Flames handled SJ so easily, they have played well in spurts this year so I guess they should win at least a few games. The Pens destroyed the Sens and I don't expect it to change. Can't wait for round 2 tonight (stayed up til 1 last night and a little blurry eyed today).

Good start off for the Stars against the Ducks. The Red Wings and Canadiens both won, which I expected. I didn't realize SJ-CGY were back on it again tonight, that one is now tied at 1. Capitals and Flyers tomorrow night!

Who knew the Stars would be stomping all over the Ducks and the Flames would be taking it to the Sharks? That West be crazy!

You CANNOT turn off the Flames/Sharks series. 10:30 2 nights ago- Sharks up 3-0 and lose. Last night the Flames were winning at 12:20 and then promptly lost! I, and my eyelids, can't take it! What a series!

You CANNOT turn off the Flames/Sharks series. 10:30 2 nights ago- Sharks up 3-0 and lose. Last night the Flames were winning at 12:20 and then promptly lost! I, and my eyelids, can't take it! What a series!

I agree, that series has been so fun to watch. Still pulling for San Jose but it isn't going anywhere near as easy as many thought it would have been.

I agree, that series has been so fun to watch. Still pulling for San Jose but it isn't going anywhere near as easy as many thought it would have been.

I could only make it through 2 periods last night. All of this late night hockey watching is catching up to me. I have to rest up for Sunday's game. I think the Flames are going to throw everything they got at em at home.

And what is up with the Ducks? Not only are they down 3-1 but they don't even look competitive. I can't believe the Stars are THAT much better. What a crazy series.

Rangers knock off the Devils to win the Series 4-1. I figured that this would be one of the better series, boy was I wrong.

Team Quack beats the Stars 5-2, they looked pretty good and remain alive.

This has been an interesting playoffs so far. The Bruins, Ducks, and Predators have all been showing signs of life. I'm hoping the Caps pick up on it too and win tomorrow. From what I've heard (I was at a meeting and missed the game last night), they looked a lot better last night than they did in game 3.

Team Quack beats the Stars 5-2, they looked pretty good and remain alive.

This has been an interesting playoffs so far. The Bruins, Ducks, and Predators have all been showing signs of life. I'm hoping the Caps pick up on it too and win tomorrow. From what I've heard (I was at a meeting and missed the game last night), they looked a lot better last night than they did in game 3.

I don't ever recall a first round where so many of the series have gone so long. Ottawa bombed out in 4, but just when you thought Nashville, Boston and perhaps Calgary would be out quickly before the playoffs started and that Anaheim looked quickly on the way out, they've all gotten up off the mat fighting.

The only one I thought would go longer that didn't was the Devils vs. Rangers. I know the Rangers owned the regular season series, but I'm not used to seeing Martin Brodeur get handled in the playoffs so badly.

Let's see if my Wild can turn all those shots on goal the other night into a win today and come home for game 7.

Wow what a 3rd Period. Boston forces Game 7 against Montreal. Something just seems right about those two rivals going the distance like that.

Good day on this end, Avs are off to round 2 and the Capitals manage to stay alive another day.

Where on earth did the Bruins come from?! All of the sudden they are looking pretty fierce.

Carey Price is going to need to go see a psychologist in a big hurry after his last two third period collapses. I'd still favor Montreal at home for game seven, but I'm no longer putting any of my own money on it.

Now if the Caps can stay alive...

Great effort by the Predators this season and in this series. Ellis did everything he could to keep them in it but the offense just couldn't solve the Red Wings goalies over the course of the whole series.