customization laugher

trueblue2735

Quite possibly the worst knock off I have ever seen...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washington-Capitals-NH...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly the worst knock off I have ever seen...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washington-Capitals-NH...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow! That is really bad. I even double checked the emblem on the chest to make sure the team name was spelled correctly. That might be the only thing that's right about that jersey. Yuck... :noway:

Wow! That is really bad. I even double checked the emblem on the chest to make sure the team name was spelled correctly. That might be the only thing that's right about that jersey. Yuck... :noway:

The worst thing is that someone has bid on it. Too bad there is no way we can warn the poor unsuspecting buyer. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was a shill bid just to full some other bloke into actually buying it.

My first jersey was a replica 94 Pens road jersey. I bought it from Rupp's out of Pittsburgh. I had it customized with Mario's name and number. Would you believe they spelled it LEMEIUX??!!! I thought that was blasphemous!

My first jersey was a replica 94 Pens road jersey. I bought it from Rupp's out of Pittsburgh. I had it customized with Mario's name and number. Would you believe they spelled it LEMEIUX??!!! I thought that was blasphemous!

It is blasphemous!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised I haven't seen this before - one of the fake Gretzky Rangers Starter jerseys stripped and re-customized as a Messier:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150297233941

I love the fact that the guy was too lazy to take out the "Wayne Gretzky Set 2" tag.

I think that could be one of the Gretzky jerseys just done with Messier from the start. Its got the same plastic-y numbers that those Gretzky's have, and I have no idea where you can get those other than on those knockoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
Almost too much wrong with this customization job to comment on ... beware of the giant "C"!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250300962938

I feel it's my duty to point out that Gretzky was never captain of the Rangers on top of how crappy that jersey looks. :rolleyes:

I feel it's my duty to point out that Gretzky was never captain of the Rangers on top of how crappy that jersey looks. :rolleyes:

I know Wikipedia can sometimes not be the most reliable place for info, but this was in the article about Gretzky.

"For the first time in his NHL career, Gretzky was not named captain,[86] although he briefly wore the captain's 'C' in 1998 when captain Brian Leetch was injured and out of the lineup."

Yes, that's one of the things I find most humorous about all of the countless hundreds of Gretzky NYR fakes - half of them have the "C" ...

I know Wikipedia can sometimes not be the most reliable place for info, but this was in the article about Gretzky.

"For the first time in his NHL career, Gretzky was not named captain,[86] although he briefly wore the captain's 'C' in 1998 when captain Brian Leetch was injured and out of the lineup."

Is that true? That he wore the C during Leetch's absence?

Does that mean he refused to wear an "A" when Leetch was in the lineup?

It annoys me how naive people really are. Even if you DON"T collect jerseys, this would probably bother the usual Hawks fan:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-CCM...id=p3286.c0.m14

He even has 2 of them. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

It annoys me how naive people really are. Even if you DON"T collect jerseys, this would probably bother the usual Hawks fan:

Oh dear, at least no one has bid on it. Yet.

lol, rather ruins his "one of a kind" spiel in the blurb.

This is your chance to own an a KARIYA BLACKBEARS Jersey!!! This item would make a great gift for any hockey fan or WINGS fan!!

Why would a Wings fan care about a Paul Kariya Maine jersey?

I don't know, I just don't know. Also, despite all of the indications to the contrary, that jersey has the worst "sewn" letters I have seen.

Oh dear, at least no one has bid on it. Yet.

lol, rather ruins his "one of a kind" spiel in the blurb.

Yeah, like the "never worn" yet oddly stretched out Canucks jersey. :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't care for older jersey styles customized with the name of a player that wasn't on the team in that time frame. I wouldn't put Toews on anything vintage (unless they bring it back this year and he plays in it), and I wouldn't put Hull on an Edge jersey either.

I know people do it all the time, its just my personal preference.

Am i the only one who thinks the CCM logo on the hem, is the best ever on a NHL jersey?...........i just love that it goes: black, black red......and on the other teams jerseys it was blue,blue, red....and so on......!

Am i the only one who thinks the CCM logo on the hem, is the best ever on a NHL jersey?...........i just love that it goes: black, black red......and on the other teams jerseys it was blue,blue, red....and so on......!

I think that was the best era of jerseys. That's why it kills me when a hard to find, vintage CCM, is mutilated by an idiot who thinks they will get top dollar for a current name on it when it would actually be worth more to people like us if it were left alone.

CCM on the hem jerseys are getting harder and harder to find these days.

I agree that the colors on the old CCM logo were great - matching the primary colors of the jersey. But when it comes to favorite jersey style, I gotta go with Starter. The old CCM and ProPlayer can battle it out for 2nd, Nike (pre-swift) at 4th, with CCM/Koho 5th and RBK Edge and Nike Swift not even worth mentioning.

I think that was the best era of jerseys. That's why it kills me when a hard to find, vintage CCM, is mutilated by an idiot who thinks they will get top dollar for a current name on it when it would actually be worth more to people like us if it were left alone.

CCM on the hem jerseys are getting harder and harder to find these days.

I feel similarly about the CCM logo and also for the Athletic Knit AK logo as well. Those logos seem to scream "hockey" to me.

I feel similarly about the CCM logo and also for the Athletic Knit AK logo as well. Those logos seem to scream "hockey" to me.

I do have a couple AK college jerseys and I have to agree that they make a good jersey.