customization laugher

trueblue2735

Nice to see i am not the only one...with that CCM love.... ^_^ .......also i loved the orange NHL shield next to it...... now i will agree orange did not allways match the colors of CCM.........but still i like that old shield, i think the current platium is a tad too "cold".

But perhaps it is better, since it matches the ice-surface.......i don´t know...........still, i liked the orange one.....also becoz MLB, NFL, and NBA have logos in the same red,white and blue......i remember how cool it was, that my favorite sport had a orange logo....!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one who thinks the CCM logo on the hem, is the best ever on a NHL jersey?...........i just love that it goes: black, black red......and on the other teams jerseys it was blue,blue, red....and so on......!

Yes, I think those CCM's are so nice, and hate the Edge jerseys so much, that if my team's jersey design survived the changeover to RBK intact, like the Blackhawks did, I would actually prefer that exact jersey with the patch and Kane's name on it to a "proper" RBK jersey.

Yes, I think those CCM's are so nice, and hate the Edge jerseys so much, that if my team's jersey design survived the changeover to RBK intact, like the Blackhawks did, I would actually prefer that exact jersey with the patch and Kane's name on it to a "proper" RBK jersey.

I agree with you on that sentiment. I like the fact that there are teams whose designs survived the changeover. I'd much rather choose a 550 over the Premier replica anyday. I wouldn't hesitate to put a Kane 88# on a Blackhawk jersey that's pre-Edge, nor would I hesitate to do the same with any other teams. I've actually thought about putting Laraque 17# on my Canadiens jersey.

HA! Nice. He probably got it for about $9.99 in the OOPS! bin. I'm sure it's not that hard to fix though. All the NFL teams wear nameplates, don't they? I doubt it would cost that much to have it fixed.

I saw someone today wearing an authentic Chad "JOHNOSN" jersey.

Working in Cincinnati the last 3 years I've seen a ton of both good and bad Bengals jerseys, but what shocks me the most is that I've never seen one with Houshmandzadeh spelled wrong, and I'd say #84 is the 3rd most popular one behind #9 Carson Palmer and #85 Chad Johnson jerseys.

HA! Nice. He probably got it for about $9.99 in the OOPS! bin. I'm sure it's not that hard to fix though. All the NFL teams wear nameplates, don't they? I doubt it would cost that much to have it fixed.

At the Value City Department Stores outside of Indianapolis, I used to find replica Colts jerseys in there all the time with the sleeves wrong. On these particular jerseys, the number was on top of the stripes, rather than below them like the Colts usually wear. I've occasionally found some cool hockey gear there, such as Ottawa Senators, Minnesota Wild, and IIRC, the New Jersey Devils t-shirts there. I've heard stories of people finding hockey jerseys at stores like that and so far I've not been that lucky. Out here in Phoenix, its impossible it seems.

At the Value City Department Stores outside of Indianapolis, I used to find replica Colts jerseys in there all the time with the sleeves wrong. On these particular jerseys, the number was on top of the stripes, rather than below them like the Colts usually wear. I've occasionally found some cool hockey gear there, such as Ottawa Senators, Minnesota Wild, and IIRC, the New Jersey Devils t-shirts there. I've heard stories of people finding hockey jerseys at stores like that and so far I've not been that lucky. Out here in Phoenix, its impossible it seems.

I bought a ton of Starter and Pro Player jerseys, replica and authentic, at Value City when they bought their inventories after they went belly up. That's why I have a bunch of Starter Coyotes authentics with tags and nameplates. I can still remember the day when I stopped at one of their stores on my way home from work and there was a whole wall of jerseys, authentics for $50, and replicas for $20. I left there with a bag so big, I had to sling it over my shoulder like Santa Claus. It did feel like Christmas day to me.

I bought a ton of Starter and Pro Player jerseys, replica and authentic, at Value City when they bought their inventories after they went belly up. That's why I have a bunch of Starter Coyotes authentics with tags and nameplates. I can still remember the day when I stopped at one of their stores on my way home from work and there was a whole wall of jerseys, authentics for $50, and replicas for $20. I left there with a bag so big, I had to sling it over my shoulder like Santa Claus. It did feel like Christmas day to me.

Now I'm really jealous, that would've been the ultimate for me. The closest I can get is when I found the pro player St. Louis Blues jersey on sale at the State Fairgrounds Coliseum hockey shop for $40, then recently when the Just Sports at Arrowhead Mall here in Phoenix had their Premier replica Avalanche jerseys marked down to $29.99...

Now I'm really jealous, that would've been the ultimate for me. The closest I can get is when I found the pro player St. Louis Blues jersey on sale at the State Fairgrounds Coliseum hockey shop for $40, then recently when the Just Sports at Arrowhead Mall here in Phoenix had their Premier replica Avalanche jerseys marked down to $29.99...

What was so cool about it was that I was able to get some Berlin, WI made jerseys, home Coyotes and road Panthers, IIRC. Most of the retail authentic Coyotes have the shoulders with the "V" point in the back, not straight like the game worn and replicas. I have 5, 2H and 3R that have the straight back/wider shoulders, along with 3 with the "V" style.

Yea I don't know much about football jerseys but this one did have a nameplate. I would definitely have gotten that fixed before wearing it in public though. :lol:

What was so cool about it was that I was able to get some Berlin, WI made jerseys, home Coyotes and road Panthers, IIRC. Most of the retail authentic Coyotes have the shoulders with the "V" point in the back, not straight like the game worn and replicas. I have 5, 2H and 3R that have the straight back/wider shoulders, along with 3 with the "V" style.

Sounds like you really hit the jackpot that day. Did you ever get any of them personalized?

Sounds like you really hit the jackpot that day. Did you ever get any of them personalized?

I never personalize jerseys.

I never personalize jerseys.

You know, I'm starting to get to that point myself. I made an exception with the Sabres slug Briere jersey I bought last winter, but I hate getting a jersey only to see that player leave the team and its happened a few times. I'll make an exception if its someone who may have their number retired or a mainstay on the team, was the member of a Cup winner or happen to share my last name. Even if I wanted to personalize a jersey with my own name and number of my choice, I usually can't decide what number I want. In the Briere case, I like the Sabres and since Briere was part of a President's Trophy team, I decided to go for it. I'd just rather get blank jerseys these days.

You know, I'm starting to get to that point myself. I made an exception with the Sabres slug Briere jersey I bought last winter, but I hate getting a jersey only to see that player leave the team and its happened a few times. I'll make an exception if its someone who may have their number retired or a mainstay on the team, was the member of a Cup winner or happen to share my last name. Even if I wanted to personalize a jersey with my own name and number of my choice, I usually can't decide what number I want. In the Briere case, I like the Sabres and since Briere was part of a President's Trophy team, I decided to go for it. I'd just rather get blank jerseys these days.

Interesting view point ZoomZoom, personally I think the customisation completes the jersey. I see what you mean about the players leaving, but for me it's like a snapshot from the team at that time (I've got Ballard and Boynton Coyotes jerseys - lost two in the same trade!).

Interesting view point ZoomZoom, personally I think the customisation completes the jersey. I see what you mean about the players leaving, but for me it's like a snapshot from the team at that time (I've got Ballard and Boynton Coyotes jerseys - lost two in the same trade!).

I'm a little bitter that my customization experience at the Honda Center with my Ducks jersey (I had Selanne 8# put on there), ended so badly. Long story short, a week later the numbers and nameplate was peeling off...of course when I'm back in Phoenix. With the Selanne jersey, as much as that was a safe choice, I later regretted not putting Scott Niedermayer or J.S. Giguere on there. I have nothing against Teemu, but the other two are my favorite Ducks.

I do agree that customization does complete a jersey. A few times I've put a name and number on a jersey only to regret that I put that particular player and number, so I just got frustrated with it. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those who likes to stay up-to-date on what certain teams are wearing or I'm just too indecisive on whom I want to put on my jersey. I got lucky with the Coyotes though. I have a Matt Jones 5# jersey from their 06-07 season with the Decade in the Desert patch on there. Ironically that's my old hockey number with my last name. Normally, I'm a little self conscious about putting my own name and number on there unless there is a Jones on the team.

Back to more customization problems...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-NEW-YORK-RANGE...id=p3286.c0.m14

Oops...

b9e0_1.JPG

Have to say this is close to a terrorist attack.....i am going to DEFCON 2....... :angry:

In fact.........I am not done........find out where this seller lives, and you will find Bin Laden......hell, he properly made the jersey himself!

:lol:

Not really customization laughter but this is the weirdest knock off jersey I've seen this week.

The CCM hemline tag is in the front???

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-WASHINGTON-C...A1%7C240%3A1318