customization laugher

trueblue2735

Starter airknit replicas are pretty common. I was surprised to find mesh replica.

Oh right, you posted that mesh one somewhere just recently. I guess I hadn't paid close enough attention to realize there were airknit Starters like that. I have a handful of Starter replicas, including a few Rangers, but they're all made of the same polyester knit that doesn't look like the one in the eBay auction.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that the Starter Pittsburgh "diagonal" replica jerseys were made of the airknit material with the pinhole pattern? If so, I wonder why they made the black Robopenguin replicas out of a different kind of airknit that's more tightly woven. I have some of these, and you can't really see the holes in the fabric.

Those White "A" Gretzky replicas are more common than you think. I dont know why there's an A on there unless he did wear the "A" on the white one for a game or 2 I dont know.

I wonder why they made the black Robopenguin replicas out of a different kind of airknit that's more tightly woven.

The Robo-penguin style was submlimated and those replicas (both Starter and ProPlayer versions) were a slightly different type of knit from what I've seen. I've got a Dallas star-pattern third from that era that is the same way and I always assume it had something to do with them being sublimated designs.

The Robo-penguin style was submlimated and those replicas (both Starter and ProPlayer versions) were a slightly different type of knit from what I've seen. I've got a Dallas star-pattern third from that era that is the same way and I always assume it had something to do with them being sublimated designs.

That's an interesting point about the sublimation, I hadn't thought of that. Here's a counter to that, though- I have a couple of Rangers Liberty replicas as well as one of those funky blue Pens fashion jerseys, and they're the exact same knit material as the Robopens (but obviously not sublimated). All my Starter replicas are the same material-wise, so I just assumed (wrongly, it seems) that all other Starters were like that as well. Even though I don't buy replicas anymore, I'm going to start paying attention to some eBay auctions for Starter replicas, in order to find out more about the materials- I just have to know these things. Yeah, I know, I've got a problem... :P

One has to be clear, so many messiers out there. It's like smith right?

Wow I wonder how few will get that reference :lol:

I get that one.....what an ironic choice.....it's like that jersey was designed for this forum post

A Reebok '94 Messier Cup jersey? I've never seen Locker Room Sports sell something this wrong before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-MESSIER-1994-STANLEY-CUP-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-JERSEY-REEBOK-PREMIER-/360437899007?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item92b0c97e02

Look at those numbers on McDonagh, way too big, the white letters should be off-white/cream....for obvious reasons I am not addressing that second listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-NHL-Buffalo-Sabres-Tim-Connolly-jersey-adult-size-small-by-CCM-/290680245104?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43ade48b7

It seems like it could just be a fake but the sleeve CCM makes me think otherwise. Either way its turrrable.