Video Games

lafountain

I saw a few posts where Mach mentioned video games and that got me thinking. What video games out there do you play if any.

Me personally I play the EA NHL and NCAA Football series quite a bit, though I am thinking of giving NHL 2K7 a try due to some of the changes EA made this year. I also play a bunch of Star Wars games including Star Wars Galaxies (an online MMO).

How about the rest of you?

I saw a few posts where Mach mentioned video games and that got me thinking. What video games out there do you play if any.

Me personally I play the EA NHL and NCAA Football series quite a bit, though I am thinking of giving NHL 2K7 a try due to some of the changes EA made this year. I also play a bunch of Star Wars games including Star Wars Galaxies (an online MMO).

How about the rest of you?

I play NHL and that's about it. I've played Madden with my kids but the only game I own right now is NHL 07. I played Final Fantasy XI online with one of my kids a couple of years back and couldn't get the hang of it so I stopped after a couple of months. It was fun to play online with him when he was away at school, but I couldn't catch up to him and didn't really grasp the 'finer points' if you will, so I decided not to pay a monthly fee for it. That's it though. I've played most of the EA NHL installments. The kids took the game systems with them when they moved out though. I just bought an xbox to play the new NHL game on after I had a chance to try it because I enjoyed it so much.\

My son might have played the online Star Wars game. I know he played some Star Wars games and a bunch of online stuff. I can ask him if I remember next time I hear from him.

I own Xbox 360, with a multitude of sports games. NHL 07, FIFA 06(s), Madden NFL 07, NBA Live 06.. I also play on Xbox Live, gamertag Luca169.

I used to play World of Warcraft another online MMORPG and I quit that game after getting to level 60 and being treated unfailrly while doing end game instances and levels.

I own Xbox 360, with a multitude of sports games. NHL 07, FIFA 06(s), Madden NFL 07, NBA Live 06.. I also play on Xbox Live, gamertag Luca169.

I used to play World of Warcraft another online MMORPG and I quit that game after getting to level 60 and being treated unfailrly while doing end game instances and levels.

I am on XBox Live as well, but only on the original XBox. I haven't gotten around to getting a 360 yet though.

A few friends of mine play WOW, I just couldn't bring myself to leave SWG.

A lot of people in online Final Fantasy said that I probably would have enjoyed Warcraft better. I'm not much of a gamer, but I did enjoy the fantasy feel of the game. I love fantasy things - movies and books mostly (big Tolkien fan). Otherwise I don't get into video games though. Hockey has been my life's hobby, pretty much, so I love playing the EA games, but I can't really get into the MLB and NBA games and stuff and Madden is only fun for a little while, around christmas with my brother and our kids all taking turns playing.

Yep have a 360 and Live, playing NHL 07 but a few things bother me with the game. Overall, in the right direction though.

I've noticed a couple of strange technical things about the game, but overall it's the most fun I've ever had trying a video game. It would be nice if you could get the Sabres jerseys somehow. I really like the game though.

A lot of minor things, yes, but otherwise it's playable. How did y'all enjoy the roster update?

I had trouble figuring out how to get the update, but it was a nice addition. I created my own Malkin to start but this is better. I'm having trouble deciding who to do a season with though because the Sabres look wierd in the old uni's and I don't know another team that I really like as much.

I had trouble figuring out how to get the update, but it was a nice addition. I created my own Malkin to start but this is better. I'm having trouble deciding who to do a season with though because the Sabres look wierd in the old uni's and I don't know another team that I really like as much.

I usually will do a fantasy draft when I play games like that. I enjoy having all the original players on those games but a lot of the times I won't be my favorite team though, so I want to get some players from my team.

I usually will do a fantasy draft when I play games like that. I enjoy having all the original players on those games but a lot of the times I won't be my favorite team though, so I want to get some players from my team.

As much as I've been enjoying the game I'm having trouble getting myself to stick with it. I don't know what team to be, since playing with the Sabres isn't enjoyable because of the uniforms. I think I've tried almost every other team in the NHL but I don't really like any of them enough to stick with it. I keep restarting after a few games and looking for a different team. It's getting kind of old now - I don't have much time for playing anyhow and when I do it's just me being indecisive, tinkering with rosters, playing a shootout and than turning it off.

The last hockey game I played was NHL 2004. I tried Sega's Eastside Hockey Manager last night based on a recommendation I read in the latest Hockey News, but I found that performance and navigation were subpar at best. I would have much preferred an option for less detail to start with, as being suddenly deluged with all the players' and teams' stats on multiple layers of pages to be totally overwhelming for the first time player.

Other games I play are generally FPSs and RTSs, and they coincidentally happen to be all in the Star Wars genre....

Battlefront, Battlefront II, Republic Commando (the best one EVARRR!!!)

The last time I went LAN gaming, my group didn't want to play BFII anymore because I kept spanking them in the space battles (what? I'm only flying a slow-as-molasses TIE bomber....never mind that I'm still doing barrel rolls and 360s to flip around behind you..... ;))

I don't own any modern consoles except for the original PlayStation I inherited from my sister.

Battlefront, Battlefront II, Republic Commando (the best one EVARRR!!!)

The last time I went LAN gaming, my group didn't want to play BFII anymore because I kept spanking them in the space battles (what? I'm only flying a slow-as-molasses TIE bomber....never mind that I'm still doing barrel rolls and 360s to flip around behind you..... ;))

I don't own any modern consoles except for the original PlayStation I inherited from my sister.

I can agree about Battlefront 1 and 2. Never played Republic Commando though I wanted to. Getting used to the flying in Battlefront 1 was an issue for me, but eventually I got it figured out.

I live and breathe Eastside Hcokey, it is amazing just the steepest learning curve in the history of games though.

I've heard so much about east side, but never tried it.

I'm interested in checking out the Wii when I can get my hands on one. Nice and affordable too. I've always liked Zelda and I got addicted to the Metroid games starting with the original for NES, so I'll have to get a Wii sooner or later for the next one anyhow. Should be incredible with that new controller.

I've heard so much about east side, but never tried it.

I'm interested in checking out the Wii when I can get my hands on one. Nice and affordable too. I've always liked Zelda and I got addicted to the Metroid games starting with the original for NES, so I'll have to get a Wii sooner or later for the next one anyhow. Should be incredible with that new controller.

I actually have an original NES in my closet with Metroid.

The Wii does look nice, but I am iffy on the new controller.

I actually have an original NES in my closet with Metroid.

The Wii does look nice, but I am iffy on the new controller.

Metroid is probably the best video game the world has ever known. The first three were incredible. Metroid, Metroid II and Super Metroid. Wow.

Metroid games used to drive me bonkers so much, always got lost on the SNES version.

I could write a better guide for the SNES Metroid than the official version. I love that game and I know it by heart.

Metriod II, if anyone played it (gameboy) was scary and harder than the other Metroids, in my opinion. I'd love to find mine and give it a go again (for probably the 20th time). I can't wait for the Wii Metroid though - I tried Wii in the store the other day (wife was shopping in the mall - there are only so many stores for me to kill time in). The EB games had a Wii setup and I played a racing game and it's awesome. No buttons, just hold this little switch down (like the gas peddle) and turn your wrists like you're driving a car.

I could write a better guide for the SNES Metroid than the official version. I love that game and I know it by heart.

Metriod II, if anyone played it (gameboy) was scary and harder than the other Metroids, in my opinion. I'd love to find mine and give it a go again (for probably the 20th time). I can't wait for the Wii Metroid though - I tried Wii in the store the other day (wife was shopping in the mall - there are only so many stores for me to kill time in). The EB games had a Wii setup and I played a racing game and it's awesome. No buttons, just hold this little switch down (like the gas peddle) and turn your wrists like you're driving a car.

I can see it now. "Man has rotator cuff surgery after injuring it playing Madden on the Wii".

Not that your post has anything to do with Madden. I just recall reading that one of the features on Madden is going to involve throwing motions.

I can see it now. "Man has rotator cuff surgery after injuring it playing Madden on the Wii".

Not that your post has anything to do with Madden. I just recall reading that one of the features on Madden is going to involve throwing motions.

Worse.

Off-Season Breaking News:

Buffalo Sabres Co-Captain Daniel Briere will undergo surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff after sustaining an injury playing Madden 07 for the Nintendo Wii during his Summer with the Stanley Cup.

I'm currently playing CoD 2 and NHL 07 for the 360 (gamertag: LordStanley1893).

My two all-time faves are:

*The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64/GC)

*Final Fantasy X (PS2)

I can play just about anything if it is good.