My Collection of Jerseys

Brass97

Hey guys. Figured I would post my collection. Even though I've been a fan of hockey for years and I've played it since I was 3, I was never really big into buying jerseys. I loved creating jerseys, but never really bought any. Anyway, here's my collection, even though I'm just starting out.

1980's Hartford Whalers Road

IM000882.jpg

I plan on getting 'Dineen' and an '11' slapped on the back of it, mainly because he autographed the front of it on the whale tail. The striping is off, but nonetheless, it's still a good jersey.

1991-92 Chicago Blackhawks Throwback

IM000883.jpg

IM000884.jpg

I picked this little beauty up for $50 at a place near me called South Windsor Arena, which many of you might know as Hockey1.com. I want to get the NHL 75th Anniversary Patch and an assistant captain's 'A' on the front as well to make it more accurate.

1990's Florida Panthers Home

IM000885.jpg

Pro-Player jersey that I picked up at South Windsor Arena for $30. I'm undecided at this point on who I want to get put on the jersey. Any ideas?

1990's San Jose Sharks Road

IM000886.jpg

Tag sale about 5 years ago, I picked this up for $2. Another jersey that I'm not sure who to get on it. Any suggestions?

So basically, looking for help on who to get on the Sharks and Panthers jerseys. Thoughts and suggestions?

1990's Florida Panthers Home

IM000885.jpg

Pro-Player jersey that I picked up at South Windsor Arena for $30. I'm undecided at this point on who I want to get put on the jersey. Any ideas?

1990's San Jose Sharks Road

IM000886.jpg

Tag sale about 5 years ago, I picked this up for $2. Another jersey that I'm not sure who to get on it. Any suggestions?

So basically, looking for help on who to get on the Sharks and Panthers jerseys. Thoughts and suggestions?

The first thought that came to mind for the Sharks jersey was Arturs Irbe #32. You could also add the NHL 75th patch to it. There's other choices for the Sharks, but I'm a huge fan of Irbe and my viewpoint is totally biased in that department.

Panthers is a ProPlayer, which some will tell you was only worn in 99-00 so you are limited to that year, but for me, it's the same design they used from 93-94 all the way to 06-07, so why limit yourself?

Personally, I really liked the vertically arched lettering for the names used from 98-99 to 05-06, so I'd pick someone from that era.

I also patch my jerseys whenever I can, which gives you some other options. The 1996 Stanley Cup Finals, 97-98 Fifth Season patch, NHL 200 patch in red and the the 2003 All-Star game patch

Vanbiesbrouck, Mellanby (of the plastic rats fame), Pavel Bure, Svehla, Jokinen, Bouwmeester, Viktor Kozlov and Roberto Luongo are most of the obvious choices with a few others like Gary Roberts and Joe Nieuwendyk as options among many others.

• 2 weeks later...