2008 3rd Jersey Thread

Cooke-yMonster

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like they're leaking anything spectacular. Vintage laces, another white stripe on the arm, smaller Leafs emblem, and, most importantly, horizontal stripes on the hem.

Who knows, could actually be their third for the upcoming season and they have just had it on the site since January, or it could just be a jersey that was designed to be their Homes this past season before changing it to the design they used, or it is just a jersey they put on the site.

Who knows, could actually be their third for the upcoming season and they have just had it on the site since January, or it could just be a jersey that was designed to be their Homes this past season before changing it to the design they used, or it is just a jersey they put on the site.

Wys seems to think it will be the third jersey this season. It doesn't seem too different or different enough to warrant a lot of attention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...2?urn=nhl,94331

Interestingly, he is also saying the Habs are having 3 alternate jerseys this year.

Yeah, I'm with you. If not the TML, then at least a leaf patch or something. That jersey is just way too plain without shoulder crests.

Wow...the Stars and Thrashers jerseys sure sound lame. On the flipside, I like the sound of the Oilers, Flyers, Blues and Islanders so maybe it's not all a total loss. I really hope the Isles go back to that royal blue they used in the 80's. I was never a fan of the navy.

Wow...the Stars and Thrashers jerseys sure sound lame. On the flipside, I like the sound of the Oilers, Flyers, Blues and Islanders so maybe it's not all a total loss. I really hope the Isles go back to that royal blue they used in the 80's. I was never a fan of the navy.

ATLANTA: The club will introduce a dark red jersey with the word "THRASHERS" on the front, just above the player's uniform number, which will appear on both sides of the design. A broad white stripe will adorn each arm of the jersey with a dark red number in the stripe. A broad white-and-dark blue stripe will run down the sides of the jersey.

Almost sounds like the current Dallas Stars Dark jersey.

PHOENIX: The Coyotes will unveil an all-new design... a predominantly black jersey with a leaping desert-red coyote as the front logo. A large, dark-red stripe will run down the side of the jersey, broadening at the base. A similar dark-red stripe, only smaller, is affixed to the latter half of the arm, beyond the white numbers.

I'm especially looking forward to this one. I'm kinda curious if the full bodied Coyote may make an appearance on the shoulders of the regular jerseys. I'm wanting to get a Premier Coyote jersey and may wait to get the third. I don't want to get the current one only to have them change it on me again.

The Sabs are apparently continuing to go with the classic blue and gold which is the right choice in my mind. Some fans want to bring back the goat head but I am thinking from the Rigas era, bring back the red crossed swords jersey, I have my #48 one and it still looks sharp!

6593570p577143reg-resized200.jpg

After reading all the info so far on the proposed 3rd jerseys I'm most excited to see what the Tampa Bay and Carolina thirds look like. I am also pleased the the Islanders and Oilers are going back to a classic look. I also think Buffalo and Pittsburgh did the wise thing in keeping the jerseys from the Winter classic.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Rangers not ever being mentioned with a 3rd jersey. Unlike many, I always really liked the Rangers navy "Liberty" third jersey (I didn't much care for the white third jersey) but if they don't bring back that - I'd be happy with them being one of the few teams without a third jersey.

I'm just hoping that we don't have to wait until the last week of September to start seeing these jerseys - but that's likely what will happen.

That Pittsburgh Winter Classic jersey was sharp. I liked the looks of it. I prefer the vintage Islanders jersey as well, I think they wore it a few times in 2006-07 and it was a neat looking jersey. I'm always happy to see them bring the vintage jerseys out for a third for teams like Buffalo, NY Islanders, and Edmonton.

That Pittsburgh Winter Classic jersey was sharp. I liked the looks of it. I prefer the vintage Islanders jersey as well, I think they wore it a few times in 2006-07 and it was a neat looking jersey. I'm always happy to see them bring the vintage jerseys out for a third for teams like Buffalo, NY Islanders, and Edmonton.

I think they advance that a little more. Let's see the Avalanche in Nordiques threads, Coyotes in Jets and get the rights to the Whalers so that the Hurricanes can sport those things again!

I think they advance that a little more. Let's see the Avalanche in Nordiques threads, Coyotes in Jets and get the rights to the Whalers so that the Hurricanes can sport those things again!

I agree with the Nords and Whalers - but for some reason I never could stand the Jets jersey.

I'd love to see the Coyotes wear the Jets jerseys when they play in Winnipeg this preseason. I'd also love to see those Whalers jerseys back. The jerseys from 1992-1997 were very sharp.

The only problem with the Whalers jerseys is that the city of Hartford still owns the rights to the name and team design. That's why there's never been any legitimate replications of the old Whalers jerseys by CCM Vintage. I guess they're still holding out hope that a team will come back.

The only problem with the Whalers jerseys is that the city of Hartford still owns the rights to the name and team design. That's why there's never been any legitimate replications of the old Whalers jerseys by CCM Vintage. I guess they're still holding out hope that a team will come back.

That's interesting, they could make a lot of money if they let them make old Whalers jerseys. I never realized that's why they haven't been made. I'm kinda surprised Quebec or Winnipeg (Winnipeg especially) didn't do that with their designs.