Early reports on Finny

lafountain

Saw the early reports on Afinogenov's injury listed it as a separated shoulder and looking at 2-3 weeks out. Fortunately Buffalo has depth and should be able to survive this injury.

Nah na nah naa, Nah na nah naa, Eh Eh Eh, Gooooodbyyeee..

It's sad to see such a good player get inured, but this helps me in my pools :D

Nah na nah naa, Nah na nah naa, Eh Eh Eh, Gooooodbyyeee..

It's sad to see such a good player get inured, but this helps me in my pools :D

Just opens the door for someone else to step it up.

I really think Novotny deserves a try, he showed some offensive potential in a few games played, but then again, I'm not the GM am I?

I really think Novotny deserves a try, he showed some offensive potential in a few games played, but then again, I'm not the GM am I?

Novotny also played in the Rangers game today.

Novotny also played in the Rangers game today.

Just got back from the game. Novotny's been dressed in every game so far this year. We call him Novo-cop. Great game. Stafford and Paille looked strong.

Stafford and Paille looked strong.

And this kind of depth is the reason I am not completely worried about losing Finny for a few weeks.

And this kind of depth is the reason I am not completely worried about losing Finny for a few weeks.

I'm not worried about Finny. Offensive depth by the boatload - (can we please trade Connolly and his 2 million dollar hospital bill of a contract?) - but defense worries me. Paetsch is in the lineup for Tallinder, who is out 2 months. Paetsch took a puck to the face tonight and left the game. Luckily he came back, because if we scratched another D-man I'd be very uncomfortable with Jeff Jillson as our 6th. I want to move Connolly and a Winger from Rochester for a depth defenseman.

I'm not worried about Finny. Offensive depth by the boatload - (can we please trade Connolly and his 2 million dollar hospital bill of a contract?) - but defense worries me. Paetsch is in the lineup for Tallinder, who is out 2 months. Paetsch took a puck to the face tonight and left the game. Luckily he came back, because if we scratched another D-man I'd be very uncomfortable with Jeff Jillson as our 6th. I want to move Connolly and a Winger from Rochester for a depth defenseman.

So Connolly and a prospect for a D-Man, I could go for that. Don't really want to see him go, but if it took giving up Biron to get a solid d-man, that would work too.

So Connolly and a prospect for a D-Man, I could go for that. Don't really want to see him go, but if it took giving up Biron to get a solid d-man, that would work too.

I don't want to give up Biron. I want he and Miller to be our dynamic duo. We need two goalies. Unless you have a Kipper or Luongo whose going to start 70 games, you need two goalies. One to play 50 and one to play 30, basically. Each needs to be able to win consistantly. Nabokov/Toskala. Emery/Gerber. Aebischire/Huet. Biron and Miller need to just deal with each having to share responsibilities. Miller is good. He's no Brodeur. We need them both. Now I know Biron wanted to be traded, but I don't think he's the type to go for a mid-season trade... too much of a team player. If he leaves, I think he'll do it in the off-season. I'm just hoping that by the off-season he's changed his mind.

I don't want to give up Biron. I want he and Miller to be our dynamic duo. We need two goalies. Unless you have a Kipper or Luongo whose going to start 70 games, you need two goalies. One to play 50 and one to play 30, basically. Each needs to be able to win consistantly. Nabokov/Toskala. Emery/Gerber. Aebischire/Huet. Biron and Miller need to just deal with each having to share responsibilities. Miller is good. He's no Brodeur. We need them both. Now I know Biron wanted to be traded, but I don't think he's the type to go for a mid-season trade... too much of a team player. If he leaves, I think he'll do it in the off-season. I'm just hoping that by the off-season he's changed his mind.

I agree completely, I don't want to see him traded, but if it brought the Sabres a very solid D-man I would be willing to accept the deal.

Maybe the team ought to go and offer Leetch a contract, not sure how much room they have under the cap, but I imagine it wouldn't cost much to get Leetch for the remainder of the season.

I agree completely, I don't want to see him traded, but if it brought the Sabres a very solid D-man I would be willing to accept the deal.

Maybe the team ought to go and offer Leetch a contract, not sure how much room they have under the cap, but I imagine it wouldn't cost much to get Leetch for the remainder of the season.

The only problem with that is that we do have 6 solid D-men who want to play, and Paetsch is quickly becoming dependable in his first experience for us. If sign a guy like Leetch, one of our top 6 sits as the 7th (most likely Kalinin, whose been doing well). With Kalinin sitting as the 7th, Paetsch goes back to Rochester. It does give us a great depth plan, but Kalinin has the potential to become a problem and request a trade himself if he has to start sitting after a few years of steady play. I think we need some young, dependable, d-men who wouldn't be tremendously bothered by sitting 65% of the time.

The only problem with that is that we do have 6 solid D-men who want to play, and Paetsch is quickly becoming dependable in his first experience for us. If sign a guy like Leetch, one of our top 6 sits as the 7th (most likely Kalinin, whose been doing well). With Kalinin sitting as the 7th, Paetsch goes back to Rochester. It does give us a great depth plan, but Kalinin has the potential to become a problem and request a trade himself if he has to start sitting after a few years of steady play. I think we need some young, dependable, d-men who wouldn't be tremendously bothered by sitting 65% of the time.

True, I didn't really look at it until after I typed it. I do want to see Leetch back in the league though, I think he still has plenty to offer up to whoever signs him.

True, I didn't really look at it until after I typed it. I do want to see Leetch back in the league though, I think he still has plenty to offer up to whoever signs him.

Brian Leetch would be great. Campbell has modeled his game after Leetch and it would be good to see them as a pairing. It just leaves us with the issue of who to sit. I'd love to see Leetch back in the league, and it would bring nice depth and leadership to our team, but I wonder if we could swing it with our guys.

Poor Fin, ah well it helps my pool as well because when I was setting up to pick him someone took him from me. Pissed me off, you don't take my fav player. So I'm stuck with Drury, but he's doing very well, very happy.