Go to many NHL games?

Finny

I have an incredibly difficult time getting tickets (good ones) to a Flames game. They sell out immediately because everyone owns season tickets I swear.

But I have been to the Sharks game early on in October and will be at the Dallas game tomorrow night. I'll wave for ya boys.

Looks like I will have a couple games in December as well...can't wait I deserve it because I have waited so long to see my team until this year finally.

SO do you guys get out much to the games? Are there a lot of sell-outs?

I have an incredibly difficult time getting tickets (good ones) to a Flames game. They sell out immediately because everyone owns season tickets I swear.

But I have been to the Sharks game early on in October and will be at the Dallas game tomorrow night. I'll wave for ya boys.

Looks like I will have a couple games in December as well...can't wait I deserve it because I have waited so long to see my team until this year finally.

SO do you guys get out much to the games? Are there a lot of sell-outs?

I'll end up going to about 15 games when all is said and done this year, between the Rangers and Islanders. I'm not a fan of either, and they're definitly not filling all of the seats, but I just enjoy going to hockey games. I'd like to go to more. I hope to be a season ticket holder somewhere in the next few years. We'll see what happens.

I'll end up going to about 15 games when all is said and done this year, between the Rangers and Islanders. I'm not a fan of either, and they're definitly not filling all of the seats, but I just enjoy going to hockey games. I'd like to go to more. I hope to be a season ticket holder somewhere in the next few years. We'll see what happens.

I keep trying to convince my wife that we should take a vacation to somewhere that would allow us to go to an NHL game. Thinking of maybe trying to squeeze a Bruins game in when we go home to visit my family in Vermont. I know the Wild are in town the week we are going there.

Here in Phoenix, we rarely have to worry about sellouts. When the redwings, rangers or flyers are here, the games sell out. I'm a season ticket holder, but due to my work schedule, I only am able to go to 25 games or so. When my wife and I go on vacation, if there's a hockey game or arena to tour that we have never been to in our destination town, we'll try to go see it.

The Red Wings have been consistent sell-outs for several seasons in a row now (which doesn't mean that all the seats are filled, though). It's only through some strange miracle that season tickets became available this year (since I received the letter, and I'd been on the waiting list for something like 4 years).

Unfortunately, it was totally unexpected and I couldn't come up with over $5,000 inside of one month.

But a friend of mine also got the notification and he and his wife were able to swing it, so a bunch of us got together on the package. I have three more games to go for the season out of my stash, which is high since I was lucky to be able to get to even one game a season for the last few years.

The Coyotes were nice enough to spread the payments out over 8 months. My pair are a little over 2 G's, but they're upper level (and the best upper lever seats in the house, IMO) and the home team IS the Coyotes. This is the final year of a three-year price freeze. When I sent in my renewal, I left the seats unchecked on the form, since I was so sick of seeing bad hockey and I was feeling that it was no longer worth my time. The team called to confirm this without a high-pressure annoying sales pitch. That was 75% of the reason I decided to keep the tickets. The staff has been pretty good, overall, and the ticket managers do listen to concerns and suggestions and pass them on. I have seen results. I'm waiting for action of one of mine, retire Hawerchuk's #10; he is the franchise's leader, after all, but ever since I sent the suggestion, the number has not been issued, not even is training camp, I believe, hmmm.

The team on ice stinks like a landfill, but it's my team. So my wife and I will spend two of the next three nights watching them get destroyed be Dallas and San Jose, but at least we get free Jobing.com Arena t-shirts tonight. :lol:

I like that the Coyotes allow you to pay over time, rather than all up front. When I finally get myself back within 45 minutes of a hockey arena, I'll be looking to snag season tickets, and hopefully I'll be able to pay over time as well, as I'll be far more likely to be able to afford them, if I actually have the chance to get some. I know I'll probably end up waiting a while before I'm able to get tickets, but right now it's just a far off thought.

i never get to go to flyers games. always sold out. full season tickets are too much, but you could get 11 game plans for about 500 bucks each depending on where you sit. ice is about 86 while nosebleed is 60.

phantoms! ice is 40 bucks and nosebleed they practically give away. i think i paid 3 bucks once for a seat to a phantoms game once. i paid 20 bucks for game 4 of the calder cup finals in 05 when they beat chicago... and that was lower level at the wachovia center!

i never get to go to flyers games. always sold out. full season tickets are too much, but you could get 11 game plans for about 500 bucks each depending on where you sit. ice is about 86 while nosebleed is 60.

phantoms! ice is 40 bucks and nosebleed they practically give away. i think i paid 3 bucks once for a seat to a phantoms game once. i paid 20 bucks for game 4 of the calder cup finals in 05 when they beat chicago... and that was lower level at the wachovia center!

Yeah - If I don't move into a hockey market soon than I'm going to look into tickets for the Rochester Amerks. That won't hit the wallet as hard either. Rochester is far away, but whenever they have a few home games in a week, the tickets are $19 for level 1, and it wouldn't be too tough to drive up for a week and get a hotel.

I go to about 10-15 Rangers' games a year. My uncle has season tickets and has had them for going on 15 years now. The seats are in the 400's but A.) there's no bad seat in the Garden and B.) that's where the real fans are!

I go to about 10-15 Rangers' games a year. My uncle has season tickets and has had them for going on 15 years now. The seats are in the 400's but A.) there's no bad seat in the Garden and B.) that's where the real fans are!

Hey Brilliant!, welcome to the boards. It's true - there's no bad seat in the Garden. I find your username amusing, as I'd mentioned earlier that after a few users here responded to posts by simply saying "Brilliant!" I couldn't help but think of the Guiness comercials. Now here you are. B)

I went to see a Marlies game a while back at the ACC. I think it'll be the closest thing I'll ever do in years to seeing an NHL game with tickets being handled the way they are now.

I got tickets to four Sabres games this year (Against Tampa Bay, Calgary, Colorado, and Washington). I also go to 6-10 college Hockey games a year (Niagara).

I got tickets to four Sabres games this year (Against Tampa Bay, Calgary, Colorado, and Washington). I also go to 6-10 college Hockey games a year (Niagara).

That Washington game would be nice to see, any chance to see Ovechkin live would be great. Though you got some other potentially good games there too.

That Washington game would be nice to see, any chance to see Ovechkin live would be great. Though you got some other potentially good games there too.

I'm going to Islanders/Capitals game Saturday for my first chance to see Ovie in person. Very excited.

Yeah I bought the Washington tix to see Ovechkin. The Tampa Bay game turned out to be a good purchase :D

Just got back from watching the Coyotes stick it to the Devils, which was quite amazing. I'm looking forward to January 27, for my one chance in six years to see Crosby and Malkin in person.

I hope after next season the NHL decides to change the scheduling method. I only say after next year, since they have already stated they will let it ride out the 3 year run.

I would like to see them adopt the NBA scheduling method.

A home and home against the Opposite Conference

4 games against each team in your division

Rotating 3 and 4 games matchups against the rest of the teams.

They want to try and create regional rivalries, but I believe rivalries can't be forced, they have to be created by the on ice product itself, not created by the schedule.

I really think the best way to arrange the schedule is have 7 games against every team in your own division. That's 28. Then, 3 games against each team in the conference. That's 58 total. That would leave 24 games to play inter-conference. This gives you the opportunity to play 2 games each against 12 of the 15 teams in the other conference.

Your Division

7 vs. X

7 vs. X

7 vs. X

7 vs. X

Intra-Conference

3 vs. Y

3 vs. Y

3 vs. Y

3 vs. Y

3 vs. Y

Intra-Conference

3 vs. Z

3 vs. Z

3 vs. Z

3 vs. Z

3 vs. Z

Inter Conference

2 vs. A

2 vs. A

2 vs. A

2 vs. A

Inter Conference

2 vs. B

2 vs. B

2 vs. B

2 vs. B

Inter Conference

2 vs. C

2 vs. C

2 vs. C

2 vs. C

Doing it this way enables everyone to have a great season vs the division, a good clump against the conference and still get to see the majority of the other conference. I really believe you have to keep at least 7 games in-division to keep up the great matchups as the year gets later on. I remember there used to be only 5 games between divisional teams a few years ago but its not enough. Seeing your biggest division rival only once a month doesn't work out...especially for teams like Detroit, Nashville, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, New York(both), New Jersey, Philadelphia, Anaheim, San Jose and etc.

Obviously not everyone can win when it comes to an unbalanced schedule but this way at least you'll get 12 of the 15 teams in the other conferecne at least once in your house.

Another problem with the current schedule model is with the Canadian teams. I believe that in 2007-08, the Northwest skips the Northeast and vice versa. That means the Western Canadian teams (Edm, Cal, Van) do not play the Eastern Canadian (Mon, Tor, Ott) teams at all. You would think CBC would throw a fit about this. That scenario is a tremendous oversight, IMO.

I found this two-page article in the Chicago Tribune, that is worth a read (it's pretty long, so I linked it instead of pasting the whole thing here).

I've been to two Coyotes games this year, the 2nd home game vs. the Ducks and one of the Kings games. December is going to be a big month of hockey as I'm wanting to catch the Flames, obviously the Oilers (and as of today, my work schedule will allow me to go this time, WOOHOO!!), and the Sharks (love the New Year's time games). I'm planning on hitting both Avalanche games this year again. I agree with ya DesertRat, the best seats are in the upper level, that's my preferred place.

Its highly possible too that my wife and I are going to catch a Ducks-Sharks game in Anaheim during our honeymoon in April.

Nice - there's always time for hockey on a honey moon. I've been to three games this year - both Sabres contests at MSG against the Rangers and an Islanders/Capitals tilt to see Ovechkin. I've got tickets to an upcoming Islanders/Flyers game to see Forsberg (health permitting... ) and I was offered my pick of a few games from a list of ten or so, so I'll be in the stands at least a handful more times this year.

I have some loyalty towards the Sabres as they were the first NHL game I got to see in 2000, vs. the Maple Leafs. I love living in an NHL city now!

I don't live in an NHL city right now - 2 hours from the Rangers, 2.5 from the Islanders and about 2 from the Devils. I'd go to any just to see hockey, so I take what tickets I can get, but I can't wait to move back to a hockey town someday and possibly get some season tickets. We're considering Montreal, but the wife may actually be looking at an attractive job opportunity in Montclair New Jersey now, which wold put us about 5 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel and a half hour from MSG.

After I get done out here, the wife and I are moving back to the midwest, she was looking at a job in Chicago, but it'll probably be back home to Indiana, with the Blue Jackets, Blues, and Blackhawks all within reasonable driving range. I was so used to watching the CHL in Indianapolis and now I'm so used to watching the NHL live that giving up an NHL city will be hard!