Your absolute favorite jersey!

Brilliant!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has to be my 2004 All Star Eastern Conference Roenick... he's my favorite player, and these are my all time favorite jerseys:

IMG_0705.jpg

In fact, I just bought a matching 2004 Western Conference to have customized with Pronger, who is another of my favorite players.

This has to be mine: Considering what a PAIN it was to get. I LOVE the team and he is still one of my fave players of all time. This one will never leave my collection.

Been thinking of trying to get one of these myself. Growing up I always loved the Ducks, especially that jersey. And I've always been a fan of Kariya and Selanne.

It is hard to pick I just love any all star jersey with patchs but one of my favorite players and a jersey that you rarely see

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5507.jpg

• 6 months later...

CCM 550 sreies Craig Conroy, LA Kings, Dark jersey. I hardly ever take it off!!!!

• 7 months later...

New Haven Nighthawks, 1985-86 Rollie the Goalie Melanson

NewHaven-Melanson-Front-web.JPG

I love the minimalistic logo and the bold waist stripes bundled together with no gaps between. The arms demonstrate where vertical stripes belong - on the sleeve and not up the side of the jersey body, and not interrupted by half-circles around the elbow. This jersey design borrows from the 1984 era USA national team, though I think their stripes went straight to the cuff, and not wrapped around lthe bottom of the sleeve like this.

Weird thing is Melanson played only 3 games in New Haven that season, early or mid-year I believe. So unless no goalie wore number one that year after him, I'm a little puzzled that his name survived on the back.

I went to a ton of games at the New Haven Coliseum in my youth. It was close to home which was nice, and we never sat more than 3rd or 4th row from the ice. Although the arena was about as dismal as a piece of architecture there can be, I miss it.

Edited by Ceska

My Matt Hendricks Hershey Bears jersey.

One of my favorite active players, favorite team, went to nearly every game that season, awesome wear. Not much more to say!

hendricks-hbj-f.jpg

hendricks-hbj-b.jpg

My favourite. Best thing about it is Dougie making a surprise appearance at my work over the summer and signing it for me.

1-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

I have an '84-'85 Gunzo's team issued jersey done with # 18 Savard and just snagged a '78 Hawks red dureen team issued jersey that will be #3 Magnuson w/ "C"....also a mid '80's Gunzo's with Bannerman #30....those are my top 3 FAVORITE!!!! that will go with me to the grave...!!!

• 1 month later...

Rangers Manny Malhotra White Liberty Set 1 Game Issued.

Never thought I would find it, and then one day I was messaged on facebook by the person who owned it and saw a random post of mine.

2f44022d.jpg

• 4 months later...

Carey Price PRO Authentic 'Barber Pole' a true gem! Ugly to some but I enjoy the look.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to pick just one from the collection to be your abosolute favorite. But at least this is one of them and definitely shirt that I don't see my self parting with,

even if I would give up collecting all together.

Jersey is 97-98 Jokerit Helsinki (Finnish SM-Liiga) game worn home jersey.

Worn by #15 Antti Törmänen.

Törmänen was never most skilled player, but a guy who gave 110% in every game and in each shift. This earned him spot in Finnish national team in several occasions (Including squads that won Gold in -95 WCC and Bronze in -98 Nagano Olympics). He also had short stint with Ottawa Senators organization, and played both NHL and AHL games during 95-96.

This style was worn by Jokerit only for one season and I consider it to be one of the best looking shirts ever used in SM-Liiga by any team.

Also fact that I was able to receive this directly from the player makes it even more special to me.

9798koti.jpg

That is one lovely jersey. I love how Jokerit's jersey are always understated and simple - but always look sharper because of it (despite the sponsors, but I'm used to that living in the UK).

That is one lovely jersey. I love how Jokerit's jersey are always understated and simple - but always look sharper because of it (despite the sponsors, but I'm used to that living in the UK).

Thank you.

I think when it comes to euro jerseys, this one has the sponsor patch count kept to pretty minimum. Plus I love the fact that it's almost all sewn on instead of sublimated like many euro shirts in 90s (and even today).

Sorry for the off topic, but since you're living in UK, I wonder if you recognize this team :)

9900jesters.jpg

Sorry for the off topic, but since you're living in UK, I wonder if you recognize this team :)

Ahh, the Newcastle Jesters! I do agree with you there, the sponsors don't bother me so much if they're sewn on patches.

In the UK, sometimes it's better to get a replica rather than a game worn because most EIHL replicas are all sewn/embroidered but the game worms are mostly sublimated.