Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
villavelocity

VINTAGE GOALIE MASKS

17 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the consensus is in regards to collectible vintage masks (assuming you would want to have one).

Do you prefer:

Game used look

OR

Clean look ( ie no scratches,paint chips, puck marks etc)

villavelocity

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the consensus is in regards to collectible vintage masks (assuming you would want to have one).

Do you prefer:

Game used look

OR

villavelocity

I like the game used look personaly. I like most things vintage and worn looking.

I'd like to see more opinions on this - surprised I was the only one to answer.

For my personal collection I would want the clean look. The game used look would be cool, but for display purposes the clean look would just be better to me.

For my personal collection I would want the clean look. The game used look would be cool, but for display purposes the clean look would just be better to me.

See, I wanna get some vintage sweaters, and do like a 'mock' hockey museum in a room of my house one day, or at least a hockey museum on a budget - featuring replicas and not the real deal.

See, I wanna get some vintage sweaters, and do like a 'mock' hockey museum in a room of my house one day, or at least a hockey museum on a budget - featuring replicas and not the real deal.

For that kind of a setup the game used look would probably work best, but for my collection the clean look would probably work best.

Hey Guys,

Do you prefer:

Game used look

OR

villavelocity

Unless I could provide some info about the player whose mask it is, in case anyone asks, I prefer the clean look.

id prefer the clean look unless i were to get it signed.

:fight:

clean...unless it's a gamer.

:thumbsup:

Game used look for sure

I think I'd go for the game used look. Especially on the vintage throwback masks

My own personal opinion, if it's not actually used, don't try to make it look used. No "faux patina", otherwise you're bordering on cheap chinese antique ripoff territory.

The more wear the better. And the vintage mask would go great with an old Sandow vintage jersey, and the old style yellow pillows.

Hello

I'm looking for a really well done Dryden red white and blue mask. Anyone know where I could find one?

post-15209-0-18181700-1398779700_thumb.j

I don't know what your price range is, d00de - but Tony Deluca is the man for masks. Here are his Drydens.

The Vintage Goalie Mask Discussion Page has a lot of fantastic examples of his work.