Custom Jersey

islesfan25

Please help me Ive designed an Islanders concept jersey to make but I cant find anyone to do the crest or shoulder patches without me ordering ar least 10 pieces or making the crest only 8 inches big. I was looking for it to be embroidered but a dye patch would work as well. Does anyone know of a place US or Canada (or Europe Im desperate) to do this....Thanks in advance. I already ordered an edge Islanders jersey...just need the logos to sew on.

Edited by islesfan25

What about an all sublimated jersey? I know russianhockeyjerseys.com does team orders and can do pretty much anything you want as far as sublimation goes, so maybe you could give them a try. Are you using an existing stock jersey or is that something that will have to be done too? I found FSGear, they do custom, 1 off jerseys with the target consumers being Fantasy Sports players. I talked to them about doing a custom Seahawks Alternate but decided to pocket the money instead. From what they told me they can do almost anything, so they could be an option for you as well.

What about an all sublimated jersey? I know russianhockeyjerseys.com does team orders and can do pretty much anything you want as far as sublimation goes, so maybe you could give them a try. Are you using an existing stock jersey or is that something that will have to be done too? I found FSGear, they do custom, 1 off jerseys with the target consumers being Fantasy Sports players. I talked to them about doing a custom Seahawks Alternate but decided to pocket the money instead. From what they told me they can do almost anything, so they could be an option for you as well.

I have the logo in photoshop and I m just going to buy a blank Islanders Edge jersey to put the logo on. I was hoping to get the logos seperate and sew it on and not sublimate it. Also this is just for me and a friend so we only need 2 not 10. The website you said looks like they direct print the logo on their jerseys, is this true?

Yeah, at Russianhockeyjerseys they sublimate which uses heat to apply the colors to the jersey (like the Islanders Fisherman jersey). It gives them more options for exactly they want to "print" and essentially could make a jersey have anything. This includes the logos and names/numbers which. Not sure if you are aware, but you can get the blank rbk edge style jerseys at hockeymonkey.com. I don't know a place that will only do patches, so I can't help you there, but this was featured on nhl.com a few days back and its a cool story and could help with your quest. NHL Blog

Yeah, at Russianhockeyjerseys they sublimate which uses heat to apply the colors to the jersey (like the Islanders Fisherman jersey). It gives them more options for exactly they want to "print" and essentially could make a jersey have anything. This includes the logos and names/numbers which. Not sure if you are aware, but you can get the blank rbk edge style jerseys at hockeymonkey.com. I don't know a place that will only do patches, so I can't help you there, but this was featured on nhl.com a few days back and its a cool story and could help with your quest. NHL Blog

Yeah im friends with that guy he got me to start looking at ways to improve the jersey, i already ordered the jersey from hockey monkey but ninh has not gotten back to me about the logos.......

In the new year, we are possibly going to be adding the ability to make single custom logo jerseys. We could either print directly to the jersey, or print to a twill crest/patch which would be sewn to the jersey.

• 1 month later...
I am hoping this will be by the end of Q1. Pricing I can't tell you yet, but it should be quite compelling.

Would you be willing to create a jersey using pre-existing logos (I am thinking of the Nordiques "wolf" alternate jersey logo but certainly this applies to other logos)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My first custom jersey. The team used to have those felt flock on numbers but that look stupid. I was lucky to find a blank one and made a lettering kit for it using the coyotes fonts and added a fight strap. I'm not quite sure if I should leave the name like that. Should I make the letters with an un-connected drop shadow? Unfortunately there's no nameplate material available unless I find another jersey where I can cut a piece out. What do you guys think?

ECR_Project_003.jpg

I know there are copyright issues on all of this as well. Any updates CW?

Sorry Sabre, hadn't seen this post earlier. To answer your question, you are correct - we would not be able to do copyrighted/licensed logos. As for the timeframe for this to happen, we are still shooting for sometime in spring, but there can be delays.

Sorry Sabre, hadn't seen this post earlier. To answer your question, you are correct - we would not be able to do copyrighted/licensed logos. As for the timeframe for this to happen, we are still shooting for sometime in spring, but there can be delays.

Many thanks for the update CW. I will have to have my friends get creative with the photoshop so as not to run afoul with copyright laws. Does anyone know if there is a valid trademark/copyright on the Diques wolf logo? According to USPTO, there is only 1 live Nordique mark with no reference to the wolf logo (just referencing the word mark). We might be able to skate with this one CW....

I had never heard of the wolf logo for the Nordiques but a quick trip to the sports logo mecca of Chris Creamer provided me with this pic:

nordiques_3rd.gif

All I can say is wow. That's a jersey screaming to be made. I love those colors.

I had never heard of the wolf logo for the Nordiques but a quick trip to the sports logo mecca of Chris Creamer provided me with this pic:

c72hgmvtcvxu8bmqvogo.gif

All I can say is wow. That's a jersey screaming to be made. I love those colors.

Those jerseys were made a few years ago, nothing official though but I saw a lot of 'em on ebay. Slightly different than the one you showed

NordiquesNeverWorn.gif

Following the 1995 season, the Quebec Nordiques unveiled new uniforms that were to have been worn during the 1995-96 season. However, they ended up applying for a uniform change too late, so they were going to debut them in the 1996-97 season. As everyone knows by now, before these uniforms saw the light of day, the Nordiques were sold and relocated to Denver, Colorado, becoming the Colorado Avalanche. That proved to be very unfortunate for fans in Quebec City, as the Avalanche would go on to win the Stanley Cup in their first season in Denver

By the letter of intellectual property law, any work is instantly trademarked if used in commerce or copyrighted upon publication. Registration only aids in enforcing those rights and also in proving who used it first. Even if it's not on the USPTO database, that doesn't mean that it's not trademarked. The main difference is the "TM" mark as opposed to the "®" mark. If the Nordiques have used the logo while performing their business (playing hockey), then under US law, it would be considered trademarked (I suspect that Canadian IP laws operate similarly).

This doesn't necessarily mean that an entity that owns the property WILL pursue legal action -- it only means that they CAN if they WANT TO.

If they've never actually played a game with that logo, then it gets a bit iffy, as there's still a degree of recognition. They may have unveiled it publicly, and that might be enough to qualify as property of the team. For that, you'd have to consult an attorney who specializes in IP law, not a bunch of hacks on the Internet ;).

Those jerseys were made a few years ago, nothing official though but I saw a lot of 'em on ebay. Slightly different than the one you showed

NordiquesNeverWorn.gif

Those jerseys were listed on ebay, but the scammer never made them in any quantity. I know. I won an auction for one and it was never delivered. I'm not sure how many were ever made, but knowing the person "responsible", I'm sure it wasn't very many since he isn't a very responsible person.