AHL jerseys

This might have been brought up somewhere else, if so I am sorry. The Phantoms have some magnificent looking jerseys... especially ones that would look great with my name and number on the back. Sadly there is no place i know of that sells customizable AHL jerseys. Plus I don't trust the customization job by anyone but icejerseys. Has there every been thought to putting AHL jerseys on for sale? I guess if you brought in AHL jerseys, you'd have to bring in all the other N. American minor/junior league jerseys and fonts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might have been brought up somewhere else, if so I am sorry. The Phantoms have some magnificent looking jerseys... especially ones that would look great with my name and number on the back. Sadly there is no place i know of that sells customizable AHL jerseys. Plus I don't trust the customization job by anyone but icejerseys. Has there every been thought to putting AHL jerseys on for sale? I guess if you brought in AHL jerseys, you'd have to bring in all the other N. American minor/junior league jerseys and fonts.

I think that one of the admins here said that Ice Jerseys doesn't carry AHL / minor league jerseys because there isn't much of a market for all of the teams, but the manufacturers require them to stock all teams, and they can't just pick and choose.

I was surprised to see the Phantoms didn't carry jerseys on their own site, but the AHL does sell the jerseys and you can pick one up here: http://www.ahlstore.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=20

I think that one of the admins here said that Ice Jerseys doesn't carry AHL / minor league jerseys because there isn't much of a market for all of the teams, but the manufacturers require them to stock all teams, and they can't just pick and choose.

I was surprised to see the Phantoms didn't carry jerseys on their own site, but the AHL does sell the jerseys and you can pick one up here: http://www.ahlstore.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=20

Welcome to the board Jared

The only downside about the AHL store though it I don't believe they offer customization. If they do, I didn't see anything that allowed it.

Which leads to another question for the people of icejerseys. I know you allow customers to send uncustomized jerseys to you for customization, if someone wanted to send a minor league jersey would you be able to do the lettering and numbers like the teams wear?

Hi Jared, and welcome to the IceJerseys BB. The problem with AHL and other Minor Pro jerseys is that the manufacturers don't stock them. so, we would only be able to place one-time large scale orders, and we wouldn't be able to repeat for missing teams/sizes in small quantities. It makes it very difficult to manage inventory under those circumstances, considering there are so many teams, jerseys and sizes, with so much less demand than there is for NHL. the only way we could possibly carry minor pro jerseys would be if the manufacturers maintained a modest inventory and we could order as needed without needing to carry huge overhead in inventory. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen.

Welcome to the board Jared

The only downside about the AHL store though it I don't believe they offer customization. If they do, I didn't see anything that allowed it.

Which leads to another question for the people of icejerseys. I know you allow customers to send uncustomized jerseys to you for customization, if someone wanted to send a minor league jersey would you be able to do the lettering and numbers like the teams wear?

We can customize just about any jersey as long as we have a good picture and/or very clear directions to go by. So in the case of the Phantoms or just about any jersey you may want to get customized, we can usually do it. The best policy is to e-mail or call first to confirm, as there are some whacked out customizations (such as the Islanders Captain Highliner jerseys), that are too unusual or complex for us to replicate - but that is a rarity. If you ever want to send us a jersey to be customized, just follow the directions and procedure on our Jersey Customization Services page.

We can customize just about any jersey as long as we have a good picture and/or very clear directions to go by. So in the case of the Phantoms or just about any jersey you may want to get customized, we can usually do it. The best policy is to e-mail or call first to confirm, as there are some whacked out customizations (such as the Islanders Captain Highliner jerseys), that are too unusual or complex for us to replicate - but that is a rarity. If you ever want to send us a jersey to be customized, just follow the directions and procedure on our Jersey Customization Services page.

Thanks for the info Wolf, might have to make sure I get a good picture at the next Steelheads game I go to and see about getting my jersey done up.

thanks for all the welcomes... its great to have a place to talk to people who are affiliated with the site and have a love for hockey jerseys (or sweaters if you're old skool).

great info on the customization, i'm sure ill do that more then a couple times since the phantoms fonts and lettering are pretty simplistic with the varsity block lettering.

theAHL.com (couldnt they payout ahl.com for the name?) does sell jerseys... a very limited supply and selection though... it's kinda sad that a league which did make tremendous gains during the lockout couldn't rise to the merchandising occasion. while waiting in the rain for autographs after flyers practice yesterday a rink worker came out and gave my mom a handful of free phantom ticket vouchers (i think he had a thing for her). so when i go to those games ill buy the jersey i want (gulp $$$) and then email you guys a picture, etc.

so when i go to those games ill buy the jersey i want (gulp $$$)

It it just me or does it seem like you end up paying more for the jersey if you buy it at the arena?

Thanks for the info Wolf, might have to make sure I get a good picture at the next Steelheads game I go to and see about getting my jersey done up.

...or just find a decent quality picture online. Most teams use a core of 2-3 fonts, then there are teams that have their own unique fonts, but many come from an NHL team (or are similar). It's the ones that are outside of that realm that are the biggest challenge, but like I said, as long as it isn't too 'out there' we can usually handle it.

...or just find a decent quality picture online. Most teams use a core of 2-3 fonts, then there are teams that have their own unique fonts, but many come from an NHL team (or are similar). It's the ones that are outside of that realm that are the biggest challenge, but like I said, as long as it isn't too 'out there' we can usually handle it.

I was actually really interested to hear this. I don't really think that I personally have anything on my want list that would require a non-nhl or 'out there' font, but it's always helpful to find these things out, as I can direct friends who do have more irregular customization needs to the website.

It it just me or does it seem like you end up paying more for the jersey if you buy it at the arena?

tons more.

joni pitkanen flyers replica jersey at any sporting goods store - $128

" " " " " " wachovia center - $228

tons more.

joni pitkanen flyers replica jersey at any sporting goods store - $128

" " " " " " wachovia center - $228

That seems like even more than I'd expect. Was it authentic at the arena, cause the Rangers are only $160 for replicas with name/number at MSG. I'd expect the authentics (which they didn't have) to be up around 260 though.

Hi Jared, and welcome to the IceJerseys BB. The problem with AHL and other Minor Pro jerseys is that the manufacturers don't stock them. so, we would only be able to place one-time large scale orders, and we wouldn't be able to repeat for missing teams/sizes in small quantities. It makes it very difficult to manage inventory under those circumstances, considering there are so many teams, jerseys and sizes, with so much less demand than there is for NHL. the only way we could possibly carry minor pro jerseys would be if the manufacturers maintained a modest inventory and we could order as needed without needing to carry huge overhead in inventory. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen.

Ah, so this explains why minor league jerseys cost so much, even when ordering from the team's own website.

Ah, so this explains why minor league jerseys cost so much, even when ordering from the team's own website.

Until you said this it never really donned on me how much I paid for the jerseys at the games since I couldn't find Steelheads jerseys in my size online.

nah... they were replicas, lol.

i think it might have to do with the fact that you watch your jersey get made infront of you. some dude sits there at a sewing machine with huge tupperware buckets full of numbers and letters of all the styles and you pick the jersey, name, and number and he does it up. you can sit there and watch, chat with the guy, or come back between periods and pick it up.

its really neat. so that might explain the cost. ive never seen any jerseys besides toddler-size in the regular merchandise booths.

nah... they were replicas, lol.

i think it might have to do with the fact that you watch your jersey get made infront of you. some dude sits there at a sewing machine with huge tupperware buckets full of numbers and letters of all the styles and you pick the jersey, name, and number and he does it up. you can sit there and watch, chat with the guy, or come back between periods and pick it up.

its really neat. so that might explain the cost. ive never seen any jerseys besides toddler-size in the regular merchandise booths.

Yeah, the express service for customization probably does explain the extra cost when it comes to the jerseys at the game.

Yeah, the express service for customization probably does explain the extra cost when it comes to the jerseys at the game.

This is true. I never really took this into consideration.

I've never been to a Wolfpack game so I don't know how much the jerseys cost at the arena BUT I bought one off of their website(had to print out an order sheet and FAX it in...ghettooooo) and it was pretty ###### expensive. Even moreso than some NHL ones I've bought.

• 3 months later...

I actually like the new Lake Erie Monsters proposed jerseys. I like big M with a puck secondary logo. I talked with the team the other day and they indicated that the new jerseys will be available in late spring or early summer.

I don't like the logo with the eyes gliding through the puddle, but that M logo is good and it looks great on their jersey. I like how the M logo uses the swooshing puck like their parent club uses.

same

I like them. I was a little worried when they announced the name "Monsters" and what kind of logo they were going to come up with,but it's not bad.

This just in: Monsters' third jersey has been chosen!

Frankenstein.png

i dont liek it because it doesnt have that special zing to it, it looks kinda boring, maybe its just me