2 pieces of news

lafountain

2 things were agreed upon today between the NHL and the NHLPA. Next season there will be 6 teams opening in Europe and we will have a 2011 World Cup of Hockey.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3840343

I wonder why they feel the need to have 3 games open the season in Europe? Seems like they are over doing it.

As for the return of the World Cup, I'm very happy to hear it's happening again, but it does seem rather close to the Olympics, which will probably have the same countries and players for the most part. I wonder why they didn't at least bump it back to 2012? I'm curious to know where the games in the US will be played. Fingers crossed that St. Paul will host some again. B)

I wonder why they feel the need to have 3 games open the season in Europe? Seems like they are over doing it.

As for the return of the World Cup, I'm very happy to hear it's happening again, but it does seem rather close to the Olympics, which will probably have the same countries and players for the most part. I wonder why they didn't at least bump it back to 2012? I'm curious to know where the games in the US will be played. Fingers crossed that St. Paul will host some again. B)

It does seem like the whole Europe thing is being overdone, the article also stated 8 teams the following season. The way it is going how long before the whole league opens overseas?

As for the World Cup, I hope Dallas gets some games but I doubt it will happen.

Bettman will continue to push for European games regardless of the consequences (lack of a kick off in the States, no marketing impact in the host country pre/post event). I love this sport with a passion reserved for few others but the way its run... :fight: