Canadiens to wear throwback jerseys today - Feb 1st

JeffB

The Canadiens are wearing their 1912-13 throwback jerseys vs. Boston this afternoon (February 1st) for the first time. Today's barberpole jerseys are really unique and worth checking out if you are able to watch the game live.

1912.png

This is the fourth jersey of the six they plan on wearing and the last of the four they plan on wearing this season.

They will wear all four of them again once more this season.

Others they have worn so far are their 1970-71 jerseys, which hardly count since it's their current road jersey and didn't even change the shoulder patches for the occasion.

1970.png

The 1945-46 jerseys are their old third jerseys, white with the blue chest stripe. These had the special shoulder patch on them, as will the rest of the throwbacks, but still, it's a style we've seen before.

1945.png

The 1915-16 jerseys were a darker red than currently used, but were essentially the current home jersey with a vintage "CA" logo instead of the current "CH" logo, so they weren't all that different.

1916.png

Next year they will be wearing their 1909 – 1910 & 1910 – 1911 jerseys, which are also completely different than anything else. The 1909 is blue with a white chest stripe and the 1910 is a beautiful red jersey with green trim and a realistic Maple Leaf and Old English "C" crest.

1909.png

1910.png

Sweet! I can't wait to see those bad boys today. That's the next one on my list! Is it just me or does it also look like it was cut in the same style as the 6100's? The material looks like EDGE but the design looks older. That'd be great if true.

Sweet! I can't wait to see those bad boys today. That's the next one on my list! Is it just me or does it also look like it was cut in the same style as the 6100's? The material looks like EDGE but the design looks older. That'd be great if true.

Here they are in action. The number on the blue square on the back is killer! The blue nameplate sure helps too.

84580123.jpg

Not too shabby getting that on the forum considering the game is still in the second period!

Notice the square cut bottom. They don't have the Edge diaper cut. I pre-ordered one and was told it was an Edge jersey. The previous 1915 with the "CA" logo was an Edge with the dress shirt hem.

I've been to the game today. The replicas have the EDGE cut with airknit material and the Authentics have the 6100 cut with ultrafil material just as any authentic Canadiens jerseys before the EDGE era.

That barbershop jersey may be one of the worst things to look at during a game. Out of all of those I like the 1910 jerseys (red, green, realistic leaf with old-timey letter). Really sweet looking!

I've been to the game today. The replicas have the EDGE cut with airknit material and the Authentics have the 6100 cut with ultrafil material just as any authentic Canadiens jerseys before the EDGE era.

Oh baby, I like the sound of that!

My wife and I both agreed that those jerseys were awful. It was not an enjoyable game to watch, and I could only bear a few minutes at a time. Tim Thomas was quoted as saying that he was feeling dizzy and light-headed during warm-ups when all the players were on the ice wearing those monstrosities.

My wife and I both agreed that those jerseys were awful. It was not an enjoyable game to watch, and I could only bear a few minutes at a time. Tim Thomas was quoted as saying that he was feeling dizzy and light-headed during warm-ups when all the players were on the ice wearing those monstrosities.

Some like that design, most don't. But one thing is sure: This stripping pattern make really good scarfs !!!

Man, those look ridiculous. I'm all about tradition and stuff, but I find it hard to take them seriously in those. They look like a team of Waldos. :lol:

Waldos, perfect!

The Habs look like a chain gang in those '11-'12 jerseys. The only barberpole jerseys I've liked were Ottawa's (carried over to the Ottawa 67s) - thick stripes.

Well on the upside they are better looking then the Coyotes 3rd uniform ensemble. :check:

the one they use right now or the one they used in the early 2000?

I like those Canadiens jerseys. Make me feel like i'm trippin on acid.

Having a difficult time to look at history?

I got mine in the mail and I'm not thrilled with it.

I ordered a replica size XL and it's a very, very thin airknit material and way oversized. This is especially annoying because the 1915 Edge cut Canadiens jersey I bought is 25 inches across. I know better than to order an Edge and expect it to be 26 inches like the old pre-Edge jerseys were.

So they make the 1912 with the old CCM 550 template, only it's 27 inches across, the equivalent to a 54!

If it were an older one, I'd expect a XL to be the same as a 52, and if I knew it was going to be a 550 cut, I'd have ordered a large, but I was told it was going to be an Edge cut, so I went up a size expecting it to run smaller than the old ones, only to find out who sold it to me were wrong (it was a pre-order and they did not have it on hand at the time) and it was not only NOT and Edge jersey, but ran large for what it was, meaning I've now got a jersey two full sizes bigger than I want! <_<

AND it's ultra thin. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
I want them all! :)

I've already bought the ones they used this year. I will buy the Blue with the white C (used in 1909-10). But I won't buy the red green and white with a maple leaf and a gothic ''C''.