CCM split Home+Away Jerseys

the_original_sean

When I used to go to Toronto quite a bit in the mid to late 90's, I would see these jerseys everywhere in the shops up and down Yonge Street. They were a thin polyester that was common in the early to mid 90's, IIRC. I don't think that they were marketed much outside of Canada. The teams the OP mentioned come to mind as ones I saw a lot, Leafs, Habs, and Kings were the most common.

I've seen a few Hawks jerseys like this on ebay

I believe these were released in 1993 and 1994. I have seen ones of the old Sabres, Flames, Blues, Canucks, Jets and Nords at games. The ones I've seen were made of the old snaggy, lightweight polyester fabric of the time.

They were not so prominant, but were still around in variations for a little while. I know when Bourque got traded from the Bruins to the Avalanche, I actually saw quite a few Avalanche/Bruins split Bourque jerseys out there, and even saw a couple in the stores, never had an interest in buying one, but did see them.

• 2 weeks later...

Those look terrible. The return of the Frankenstein jersey! AAAAAHHHH!

• 2 months later...

they probably made all the nhl teams.

i used to have a capitals that i customized with langway's name and number until i sold or traded it.

a week or so ago, i saw a nordiques one on ebay.