Hall of Fame

Mach_9

Patrick Roy got his well earned induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame today.

Any thoughts on the career of Mr. Roy? All I can ever think of, for some reason, is the way he was shelled in Montreal before the trade. I mean - I know all of his achievements, and I'm not commenting negatively on him, I'm just mentioning that it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Patty.

So whose in line for the Hall of Fame of current retirees in your mind?

Whose still playing that's going to make it?

Patrick Roy got his well earned induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame today.

Any thoughts on the career of Mr. Roy? All I can ever think of, for some reason, is the way he was shelled in Montreal before the trade. I mean - I know all of his achievements, and I'm not commenting negatively on him, I'm just mentioning that it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Patty.

So whose in line for the Hall of Fame of current retirees in your mind?

Whose still playing that's going to make it?

Obviously Messier, Yzerman, MacInnis, Francis are all in. I think Hull will get in as well.

Of the current players (only stating players who have played at least 10 years) Hasek should get in, Shanahan should get consideration, Jagr is probably in, Chelios if he ever retires is in as well, Brodeur also is a shoo-in.

I'd like to see Forsberg. I don't doubt that Crosby will make it one day. Among current players, however, who I think will likely end up there, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shanny or Jagr. I think Nik Lidstrom will make it and Teemu Selanne might as well, considering the rookie season and the prime years.

Modano may get in, especially if he eclipses Mullen's record for goals by a U.S.-born player.

If he surpasses their is probably no doubt, if he doesn't he is probably still in.