Fans of other teams

lafountain

Come on this is supposed to be the section to talk about your teams, create a thread talking about them. I know we have fans of other teams besides Buffalo. I know we have Coyotes, Canadiens, Leafs, and Flyers fans amongst others. Speak up, let your voices be heard (or as it may, your typing be seen). You have got to have an opinion of your team, lets see it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was a 90% Detroit fan (If you live in Montreal you can't NOT like the Habs - unless you have a death wish ;) )since '86 when I saw Stevie Y play live for the first time, but without him ... I dunno, they just don't do it for me anymore. Now I'm a Habs fan "Cent pourcent".

But when it comes to the playoffs I'll root for any Canadian team over an American team - nothing personal. Hehehe.

I was a 90% Detroit fan (If you live in Montreal you can't NOT like the Habs - unless you have a death wish ;) )since '86 when I saw Stevie Y play live for the first time, but without him ... I dunno, they just don't do it for me anymore. Now I'm a Habs fan "Cent pourcent".

But when it comes to the playoffs I'll root for any Canadian team over an American team - nothing personal. Hehehe.

You'd root for the Leafs? :blink:

I liked Stevie Y but was never a big Detroit fan because I didn't like Shanny, and I was an Avs fan through all of the Detroit/Colorado playoff series'. This year, however, with Zetterberg playing like a man possessed I've begun to really like the Wings.

You'd root for the Leafs? :blink:

Well the Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs, but if they did by some fluke chance, they wouldn't make it past the first round :D

(Bring it Leaf fans! hehe :hook: )

I grew up a Pens fan and love the direction the team is going in. I think in 2 years this team will be the real deal. The Fleury saga is a little frustrating they jerked him around between the NHL and AHL due to money concerns and now the coach is calling him out so who knows where that is going to end up. If they get MAF's head on straight this team will do really well.

I don't really have a favorite team per se. I like watching the sharks play and I love their style of game, they'll mostly be the team I root for in the playoffs.

• 1 year later...

Let's go CAPS!!!!!!!

I grew up rooting for the Kings... but then switched to the Coyotes when they arrived in Phx in 1996. I still root for the Kings as long as they arnt playing the Yotes!

I'd also like to add the Flames and Kings to the roster of teams I like. I find as I get older while I still have allegiances to my Sabs and Pens I start to follow a bunch of other teams. If that makes me a bigamist so be it, I just like watching other teams and of course their jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Canadian, I naturally root for Team Canada (Nashville Predators) LOL! Been a fan of theirs since the beginning. My favorite coach and goaltender are on the team: Barry Trots and Dan Ellis!

GO PREDS! :skaterwht:

Being a Canadian, I naturally root for Team Canada (Nashville Predators) LOL! Been a fan of theirs since the beginning. My favorite coach and goaltender are on the team: Barry Trots and Dan Ellis!

GO PREDS! :skaterwht:

Question, how did you come about as a fan of the Preds being from Canada. I realize that less people have geographical allegiances nowadays but if there was anything in particular that drew you to Nashvegas' team?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I started talking about moving to the Texas/Oklahoma area around the time we started talking marriage a few years ago. I started to pay more attention to the Stars when the moving talk began. We made it a point to see the Stars play in 2006 and both really enjoyed watching them. Now that I'm living in the Dallas area, I've adopted them as a team now, despite the rivalry they've had with the Avalanche in the past. I still follow the Avalanche however.

I do enjoy watching the Capitals play as well. It seemed like there for awhile they always had someone with Indianapolis connections playing for them. Now they are just a fun team overall to watch.

• 4 weeks later...
I dont know why but for some reason.may because i live near buffalo and im the only oiler and leaf i know.

Everyone is entitled to like the teams that they choose to cheer for. The team you happen to despise happens to be my favorite, and that is a part of being a fan. There are going to be teams you like and teams you don't like.

I was just having a little fun with the fact that you don't like the Sabres.

I'm obviously an Habs fan! In the West, I tend to cheer for the Kings, only because of Luke. I know he's gone but I find I'm still attached to that team, for some reason. I guess I felt bad for them in 93 (eventhough I was 6 :))

• 3 weeks later...

Became a Wings fan in the mid-90s since I live in the Detroit area, and they were the only team worth the time of day from the sports media. But the Boston Bruins have always had a place in my heart because I was born and raised in Boston.

For the last several years, I felt like I was one of 3 Bruins fans left on the planet....and this year, I'm hopping up and down in mad joy. My hockey friends around here are happy for me because I'm finally being rewarded for all the Bruins Superfan moments at the bars, where I'm the only one in a Bs jersey, hat, and t-shirt just because they were playing that night and not necessarily televised anywhere out here.

So if the Wings and Bruins meet in the Finals this year, I win either way -- but I'll be pulling for the Bruins because it's been a much longer time for them than Detroit!

I became a Rangers fan because of Mike Richter after the '88 Calgary Olympics. The team I follow second to the Rangers is the Penguins because my best friend is a Pens fan. I'm learning to like the Blue Jackets because they are local (and finally got rid of their horrible logo). Thanks to Ryan Miller and the fact that I'm one of only 3 people in the world who like the Bufflaslug logo, I've been known to also root for the Sabres.

Being a Rangers fan, I hate the Flyers most of all. I hate the Islanders, but mostly I feel sorry for them. Of course, I hate the Devils too, but at least I can respect them.

Became a Wings fan in the mid-90s since I live in the Detroit area, and they were the only team worth the time of day from the sports media. But the Boston Bruins have always had a place in my heart because I was born and raised in Boston.

For the last several years, I felt like I was one of 3 Bruins fans left on the planet....and this year, I'm hopping up and down in mad joy. My hockey friends around here are happy for me because I'm finally being rewarded for all the Bruins Superfan moments at the bars, where I'm the only one in a Bs jersey, hat, and t-shirt just because they were playing that night and not necessarily televised anywhere out here.

So if the Wings and Bruins meet in the Finals this year, I win either way -- but I'll be pulling for the Bruins because it's been a much longer time for them than Detroit!

Forget it, the bruins will, one way or the other, meet the habs in the playoffs, and like every year, the habs will eliminate the bruins. The habs could finish 8th and they would still beat the bruins, you know it!

when I was a kid I was big into hockey. Lemieux and Neely were two of my favorite players. After they both left the game I lost interest. My brother came down over christmas this year and took me to see the lightning. we were 5 rows from the glass, it was awesome. they were playing the panthers so there was a big crowd and they were getting into it. So now my interest is back at full tilt. I like the Bolts now, even though they are rubbish. Evgeny Artyukhin is a beast, he hits like a freight train. But please don't go Don Cherry about it because he wears a visor, yeah I agree he should ditch it when he gets into fights. Also like the Blackhawks, I liked them when I was a kid. My big bro liked the Red Wings so I started liking the 'hawks to counter him. Their 75th anniversary jerseys were awesome. Kane is probably my favorite player overall, the dude is tiny but he has skills. Got tickets to see the 'hawks take on the bolts in two weeks...gonna be rocking the Kane jersey I just picked up.