Dallas

lafountain

Was sitting around at work since I am not allowed to work this week (don't ask), and was looking at some numbers.

Dallas has played 16 games this season and only given up 29 goals. That is ridiculous. They have 4 losses on the year, and 11 of those goals allowed are in those 4 losses.

When they win in 12 games they have given up 18 goals, that is crazier.

Yeah but it's Dallas. It seems like every year the Stars start out strong and coast into the playoffs as a high seed only to get knocked out in the 1st round. How long will Lindros last? Can Turco last in the playoffs? Does stripping the C from Modano at him negatively later in the year? I guess we'll see how it goes. For now though, they look good.

I've never been a fan of Madano, but I felt taking the C was a real slap in the face. He took it well and with dignity, but I see him as having injured pride right now. If Dallas is a big success this year, and the press starts to equate some of it to stronger leadership, I can see it knocking Madano off of his game. As for the Stars overall record and stats, it's very impressive, but when has Turco ever really shined in the playoffs? Until Dallas proves they're ready to compete in clutch situations, they don't scare me any.

I agree that I am not worried about Dallas, like I said I was sitting around and saw those numbers and was impressed. Turco has pretty much turned into what CuJo used to be and that is a playoff choke artist. He does so great during the regular season then falls apart in the second season.

CuJo used to be that way too, earlier in his career he did so much to get his team to the playoffs then he would fall apart. Now I guess he figures why wait til the playoffs to fall apart and just do it at the beginning of the season.

I agree that I am not worried about Dallas, like I said I was sitting around and saw those numbers and was impressed. Turco has pretty much turned into what CuJo used to be and that is a playoff choke artist. He does so great during the regular season then falls apart in the second season.

CuJo used to be that way too, earlier in his career he did so much to get his team to the playoffs then he would fall apart. Now I guess he figures why wait til the playoffs to fall apart and just do it at the beginning of the season.

CuJo won't have to worry about that much now, but that's another story. <_<

Dallas is one of the elite teams in the NHL. Their talent is world-class and they play very disciplined, sound hockey. I'll ve concerned with their playoff performance when the time comes, but right now, they are very tight. Morrow has become a true leader there over the past few years and Modano is taking the demotion (if you want to call it that) very well, IMO.

Dallas lost to the Hurricanes tonight. 5-4