Buffalo

Mach_9

If I'm anyone else in the East, I'm don't want to play Pittsburgh in the first round. Who knows what they can do in the playoffs with all that talent and no pressure whatsoever...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The injury train keeps rolling for Buffalo. Dan Paille out 1-2 weeks with a broken finger.

The injury train keeps rolling for Buffalo. Dan Paille out 1-2 weeks with a broken finger.

Even before these injuries hit the Sabres I started to worry about them. Too many games went into OT and Shootouts. Too many soft goals by Miller. At times, the teams seems to take whole periods off. I am not saying they aren't the fav in the East but I am concerned that with the injuries and their lack of sparkling play (last night not included) that they may be headed for an ECF bouncing. Of course, if everyone comes back healthy and find the chemistry they had at the beginning of the season, watch out!

Well I just read the Buffalo News and the injury is for 2-3 weeks.

Well I just read the Buffalo News and the injury is for 2-3 weeks.

The hits just keep on coming. Do you think Biron is going to be moved b/c of all of these injuries? Eklund certainly seems to think so (to the Lightning)

Hard to say because the GM likes to be patient but they need to fill some holes. I think the problem is that there are many goalies out there but not many buyers. Biron has to compete with Nabokov and possibly Mason too.

In other news WNY Native Patrick Kaleta from Angola, NY makes his NHL debut tonight in replace of Dan Paille for the Sabres.

Can you say "ugly game"? Tonight was a brutal one... Drury goes down with an injury, adding to the Sabres casualties and Ray Emery proves that he is, in fact, a mad man. Returns from a suspension for slashing Maxim Lapierre in the face only to fight Biron and Peters in the same sequence, while laughing like a loony. Fun game to watch, but really ugly. Stafford standing up for Drury and then scoring the shootout winner gets big props from me.

Here it is:

Awesome. BTW congrats on 1,000 posts.

Awesome. BTW congrats on 1,000 posts.

:huh: didn't even notice haha. Thank you. Man... the more I think about it (looking at pics on google images) the more tempted I am to get a Toews or Stafford UND sweater. All your fault.

That was the first time I ever saw a position player (Peters) fight a goalie.

I don't know what Bryan Murray was thinking, sending his scoring line out there for the next faceoff. I guess the thought of old-time hockey didn't cross his mind, like it did Lindy Ruff's. These two teams go at it again on Saturday. :fight:

That was the first time I ever saw a position player (Peters) fight a goalie.

I don't know what Bryan Murray was thinking, sending his scoring line out there for the next faceoff. I guess the thought of old-time hockey didn't cross his mind, like it did Lindy Ruff's. These two teams go at it again on Saturday. :fight:

That was perhaps one of the most insane games I have ever watched. And Lindy almost throwing down as well!!!! Saturday is going to be electric.

:huh: didn't even notice haha. Thank you. Man... the more I think about it (looking at pics on google images) the more tempted I am to get a Toews or Stafford UND sweater. All your fault.

It's all part of my evil scheme to make everyone a Sioux fan lol.

Looks like Drury is out for Saturdays Game: http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2190 (this is a local radio station in Buffalo).

*Mark Mancari will make his debut on Saturday & Novotny skated in a non contact drill. That leaves Marek Zagrapan and Dylan Hunter as the only normal forward call ups left in Rochester for Buffalo.

Emery indeed looked crazy! :fight:

Don't count the Habs out just yet. After last nights performance we might just make to the play offs.

GO HABS GO!!

(Drury, Kotalik, Afinogenov, Lydman, Novotny, Gaustad, Spacek, Connolly ... OUCH! That's a lot of injuries)

I think both Habs and Sabres fans need to fear the Sens. They've been getting their act together and both teams have had a hard time beating the Sens this season (The Flyers blowout was mentioned earlier in this thread - I distinctly , and painfully remember the our humiliating loss to the Sens on Saturday the 13th of January).

Good luck on Saturday Sabres fans! I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens end the season ahead of the Sabres though ....

Well TSN just posted Drury is out indefinitely with a concussion: LINK

It's all part of my evil scheme to make everyone a Sioux fan lol.

Even I have a SIOUX jersey. I wanted to make sure I had one before the UND or the NCAA banned the name/logo, etc. or some politically correct BS happened. :noway:

That game was absolutely fantastic. I turned in on just after Neil had hit Drury so I saw the entire fight. There's nothing like a good old brawl that makes you wanna go out and beat the crap out of somebody!

That game was absolutely fantastic. I turned in on just after Neil had hit Drury so I saw the entire fight. There's nothing like a good old brawl that makes you wanna go out and beat the crap out of somebody!

And the follow up game wasn't anything to sneeze at! 2 fights and a huge sens lead in the second- the Sabres storming back in the third and then a crazy goal to end it. Wow- what a great Sat night!

I am beginning to regain my confidence in the Sabres after Sat's game even though they lost. They have played WAY too many games in the shootout this year and while they lost Sat they came from way down and never gave up against a team that has their number in a big way this year. If the Sabres show this much grit in the playoffs they could go a long way injuries or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Congrats to the Sabres for winning the President's Trophy with 1 game to go. Now to see if they get the Islanders or the Leafs, personally I would rather have the Islanders in the first round.

Heh...I have a feeling they're gonna be alright no matter who they play. Wade Dublewiecz or however it's spelled is NOT gonna cut it in the first round.