Buffalo

Mach_9

Wow - is anyone watching the Buffalo/Philly game?

I've never seen such a beating...

The Sabres have really brought their A games this season.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - is anyone watching the Buffalo/Philly game?

I've never seen such a beating...

The Sabres have really brought their A games this season.

I mean - I don't talk trash, but... 9-1 with 15 minutes left in the third.

I told you I like them for first place!

I love them in first place... I was just trying to be a realist and at the same time avoid being accused of favoritism and bias. Didn't make a difference though - no one wants to take the time to post predictions. Oh well - I'm just happy to see another win for Buffalo. :D

Wow! Philly was sent to school tonight. So hilarious when they kept panning to Hitchcock and Nittymaki for facial reactions after each goal. Go Buffalo! #61 is the god of offense.

Afinogenov! Coast to Coast! What a nice goal that was. Five point night. Vanek and Roysie looked great too.

I feel bad for Forsberg, because I've been following him since he was with Modo, but it felt great to trounce the Flyers. I'm surprised Esche stood for that kind of treatment and stayed in net for all 9 goals. Patrick Roy would have demanded a trade!

No kidding, couldn't believe Esche stayed in, like it was some form of punishment.

Sounds like the Patrick Roy treatment from Mario Tremblay when the Habs were getting smoked by the wings and Mario left Roy in after he had given up 7 goals well before the end of the game (if I remember the numbers correctly). Well, as we all know too well up here in MTL... that was the last game Pat ever played for the Habs... finishing his stellar career with the Avs. But Esche is certainly no Roy!

EDIT: oops... missed your previous reference to Roy, Mach!

Afinogenov! Coast to Coast! What a nice goal that was. Five point night. Vanek and Roysie looked great too.

I feel bad for Forsberg, because I've been following him since he was with Modo, but it felt great to trounce the Flyers. I'm surprised Esche stood for that kind of treatment and stayed in net for all 9 goals. Patrick Roy would have demanded a trade!

I have the following Sabres in my pool:

Kotalik

Afinogenov

Vanek

Hecht

Spacek

Miller

That's 6 of my 20 picks! I think I must have gotten a kajillion points tonight!

(6 Sabres and not a single Hab... I feel very guilty!).

Sounds like the Patrick Roy treatment from Mario Tremblay when the Habs were getting smoked by the wings and Mario left Roy in after he had given up 7 goals well before the end of the game (if I remember the numbers correctly). Well, as we all know too well up here in MTL... that was the last game Pat ever played for the Habs... finishing his stellar career with the Avs. But Esche is certainly no Roy!

EDIT: oops... missed your previous reference to Roy, Mach!

I have the following Sabres in my pool:

Kotalik

Afinogenov

Vanek

Hecht

Spacek

Miller

That's 6 of my 20 picks! I think I must have gotten a kajillion points tonight!

(6 Sabres and not a single Hab... I feel very guilty!).

I have Kotalik, Vanek, Hecht, Biron, Briere, Tallinder and Kalinen in one and Vanek, Afinogenov, Briere, and Miller in another. Hope they keep this up.

And yep - I immediately thought of Roy, though you are quite right, Esche is no Roy.

No kidding, couldn't believe Esche stayed in, like it was some form of punishment.

Hmm. So, insight - Before the game Esche apparently said *"I don't try getting in his head, thats for sure. It's an empty place.", in reference to Ken Hitchcock. Apparently there is some strife between the two. Could explain why Esche stayed in for all 9 goals, despite them coming in less than 25 minutes total. Perhaps we will see Esche asking for a trade some time soon...

*Quote from espn.com

Wow...

After the loss last night, the Flyers waived Niko Dimitrakos, Nolan Baumgartner, and Petr Nedved.

Just wow...

I thought Nedved was supposed to be an important second line center for them this year. And they just picked up Baumgartner this summer, to run the powerplay a bit. I'm in a little shocked. I knew we beat the heck out of them last night, but I didn't see this coming...

Wow...

After the loss last night, the Flyers waived Niko Dimitrakos, Nolan Baumgartner, and Petr Nedved.

Just wow...

I thought Nedved was supposed to be an important second line center for them this year. And they just picked up Baumgartner this summer, to run the powerplay a bit. I'm in a little shocked. I knew we beat the heck out of them last night, but I didn't see this coming...

I don't think anyone saw it coming.

I am loving how the season is starting for Buffalo though.

I don't think anyone saw it coming.

I am loving how the season is starting for Buffalo though.

Amen to that. I have no doubt we'll face a reality check soon, but we look strong and the one thing this team has done that's important, in my eyes, is give me confidence that last season was no fluke and that the Sabres are going to be a competitor this year, and for the next few with the youth that we have.

Amen to that. I have no doubt we'll face a reality check soon, but we look strong and the one thing this team has done that's important, in my eyes, is give me confidence that last season was no fluke and that the Sabres are going to be a competitor this year, and for the next few with the youth that we have.

Exactly, with so many fans saying the Sabres were a one-year wonder, I am glad to see them go out and show that it was worth it to re-sign all the players they did.

Exactly, with so many fans saying the Sabres were a one-year wonder, I am glad to see them go out and show that it was worth it to re-sign all the players they did.

I just look at a roster with names like:

Vanek

Pominville

Roy

Novotny (has he stepped up or what?)

Kalinen

Tallinder

Campbell

Connolly

Paetsch

Gaustad

Mair

Afinogenov

Miller

and realize that all of those guys were born in 79 or later, and I shudder to think, not only about how good these guys are going to get, but how long they're going to be around for.

When you add Briere, Drury, Biron, Spacek, Numminen, Lydman, Kotalik and Hecht you've got so much offensive talent to spread around. It brings a smile to my face...

I wouldnt want to be Ken Hitchcock.

Good coach, but he isnt living up to standards :|

I think Ken Hitchcock is on the hot seat. His player's don't seem to like him and his team is struggling. He hasn't found a way to motivate them and things are falling apart there right now. I hope, out of pitty for Forsberg, that they get things together and at least get on track to make one of the bottom playoff seats. I'd hate to see him miss the playoffs.

Thats why Burke was left in net. Hitchcock holds grudges, and it WILL not go over well with his team. There moral will fall, and rising talent such as Carter, Richards and Gagne will suffer because of it. Despicable!

Thats why Burke was left in net. Hitchcock holds grudges, and it WILL not go over well with his team. There moral will fall, and rising talent such as Carter, Richards and Gagne will suffer because of it. Despicable!

Esche was left in net. ;)

But yeah - the flyers have a lot of young talent and they will suffer and miss out on a lot of chances to shine playing in Hitchcock's system. It's a pitty to see.

Buffalo Sabres: 7-0-0

Beat Carolina down again. :D