Autographs on CCM 6100?

thrashersfan91

Hello everyone. This is my first post, so forgive me if I'm a bit ignorant. I recently purchased a blue Thrashers CCM 6100 jersey, and got a cool idea. It's pretty easy to get players' autographs in Atlanta at the practice facility, and I want to compile the autographs of my favorite players as the years go on. As time goes, the signatures build up of solely my favorites. What I'm not sure is do the signatures (I'd probably use a sharpie) wear off as time goes by? Thanks for the help.

I did the same thing with a Devils jersey when I was a kid, starting in like 97 or 98 probably. You can still clearly see each autograph perfectly fine, as well as the pizza sauce stain Scott Niedermayer left. <_<

All the autographs are on the crest, so I'm not sure if it would be the same if it were on the jersey itself, but I have a USA jersey that I got signed by Roenick right under the neck in 2002 or 2003, and it still looks fine even after being put through the wash to get some stains off the sleeve.

• 4 months later...

I've got some signed Bure's that were from 1993 and 1996 which are still bright as ever. I personally keep my jerseys in garments bags out of bright light which helps keep them like new. Ive actually found signatures stand up better on Ultrafil instead of Airknit as the material is less porous and holds the ink better.