Bruins' 3rd

Carl

Hey guys,

I was on Getty checking some photos and noticed something interested and wanted your opinion on it. Oct 12 1998, the islanders wore their blue aways jerseys against the bruins who were wearing their yellow 3rd. From what I remembered, I always saw those 3rd jerseys against the other team's white jerseys.

Why were the bruins aloud to wear their yellow jersey against the other team's dark jerseys? Since, has there been a rule change? I never saw the preds wear their yellow jersey against dark jerseys.

It might just be a case of how dark the opposing teams' jerseys were. That Winnie the Pooh jersey was really bright and since most thirds of that era were usually dark, I'm sure it was just a case of which version would contrast the most against the opponents'.

It might just be a case of how dark the opposing teams' jerseys were. That Winnie the Pooh jersey was really bright and since most thirds of that era were usually dark, I'm sure it was just a case of which version would contrast the most against the opponents'.

I completely agree with you, but we never saw this in the year 2000s, the other team would always wear their white jersey against the winnie the pooh jersey. No?