You Know You're Addicted to Hockey Jerseys When...

Curry1fan

Buying new jerseys always makes me feel happy! I had a bad day today...so maybe buying a jersey would help! Now if only I could get a bargain since I still haven't gotten the first check from the new job...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying new jerseys always makes me feel happy! I had a bad day today...so maybe buying a jersey would help! Now if only I could get a bargain since I still haven't gotten the first check from the new job...

You've got four hours...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Coyotes-Auth-R...id=p3286.c0.m14

Don't care much for the Coyotes, but thanks. I am keeping an eye on two jerseys right now...one is a Brodeur that has no bids with a day left and the other is an MLB All Star jersey...but I'm not counting on a bargain there since it's a Derek Jeter jersey and he's about to set the hits record prevously held by Gehrig. I can only hope it happens on Saturday when I'm at Yankee Stadium, but that's another topic.

Anyway...

-When you have about $60 to your name, walk into a sports collectibles shop and find a mid 90's Ron Francis Penguins CCM authentic jersey with the diagonal script across the front for $55 and decide it's more important than gas or food. (can't pass up a deal such as that)

-When you're a season ticket holder for your local junior team and wear a different jersey from your collection to every game.

-When you have more jerseys from around the NHL than your hometown team that you live and breathe.

-When you have specific teams whose jerseys you will never pay for because they're the teams you despise most......however, you'll accept them as gifts, or make an exception to this rule when the jersey is $4.99 at a thrift store.

Edited by scarecrow

Oh, I know that too well. I made that promise just before I bought the Sharks Campbell jersey. Then I made the same promise again just short before I bought the Hudler Gamer and the Orpik Gamer yesterday. Now I made that promise again, I want to reduce my collection a little bit and reduce weight on the jersey racks. They're about to "retire".

Well, instead of kepping that promise and buying new racks I bought another gamer. I'll post it in the "It arrived today" thread when I get home. I'd say, it's a grail. That's addiction!

-When you're a season ticket holder for your local junior team and wear a different jersey from your collection to every game.

-When you have more jerseys from around the NHL than your hometown team that you live and breathe.

I'll add to this one:

***When you share season tickets for your hometown team and you have enough authentics and gamers to get you through the season without wearing the same jersey twice.

***When you're (I'm) happy that Adam Foote becomes the new captain of the Avs because his gamers fit you better than either Paul Stastny and Milan Hejduk and are about $1000 cheaper than Stastny's and $400 less than a Hejduk. Looking forward to adding a Foote gamer to my collection in the future sometime.

When new authentic or game worn jersey goes from box to hanging in living room (24hrs) wife complains, living room to bedroom (24hrs) wife complains, bedroom to clothes rack in back bedroom (48hrs) wife getting more angry, to its final resting place in the closet wrapped in a suit bag which could probably survive a nuclear war. Then when nobody is home or looking.... take jerseys out and admire for as long as possible.

Hey, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

When your a die hard flames fan and you almost buy a Oilers jersey just because it was a wickid price!

I almost bought a O'Sullivan Oilers jersey last night

When you go months at a time not coming to this site because you don't want to see the cool additions others have just picked up and then try to find one for yourself. Seeing what you guys gets only makes me want to pick up more so I have stay away!

Also, I second other posts about having enough jerseys you can go a whole season with season tickets and not wear the same jersey twice or creating a database about your jerseys to keep track of what you have!

With the season upon us, I'm back and ready to see more money fly out the door!

when you realize you now have over 100 jerseys .... then you realize 60% of them still need customizing and wonder why you keep buying blanks instead of spending money customizing the blanks you have ...

• 11 years later...
19 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Great Scott!

Who the hell are all these new members?

Great Scott!?!

11 years??  Where's the Delorean??

Addicted?  Who?  Me?  Are you lookin' at me?  (...............don't look in my closet)