Uh oh...not good...

ZoomZoom18

the Hawks are the kings of bad publicity this off-season. I really hope this turns out to be nothing

it's obvious what side I'm on, but I just wanted to point out to anyone who hasn't been keeping up with this that it's becoming more clear that Kaner most likely did nothing here. I think the more this progresses it's going to come out that this cabbie is not only out for a buck, but that he has a history of things like this. not to mention he doesn't have a drivers license and has 2 DUIs. even the cab drivers lawyer says it's been overblown by the media and it's not as bad as everyone's making it sound.

it's obvious what side I'm on, but I just wanted to point out to anyone who hasn't been keeping up with this that it's becoming more clear that Kaner most likely did nothing here. I think the more this progresses it's going to come out that this cabbie is not only out for a buck, but that he has a history of things like this. not to mention he doesn't have a drivers license and has 2 DUIs. even the cab drivers lawyer says it's been overblown by the media and it's not as bad as everyone's making it sound.

I wouldn't necessarily equate the character issues with the license/DUI with this particular incident. Does it say something about the cabbie's character, yes. But there have been rumors in Buffalo about the Kane family and their behavior as well over the last few years so I can believe the punch out side to the story as well.

This will all probably be settled civilly without charges ultimately being filed but I am willing to bet opposing fans will be bringing lots of dimes to the arenas for the next few years.

I wouldn't necessarily equate the character issues with the license/DUI with this particular incident. Does it say something about the cabbie's character, yes. But there have been rumors in Buffalo about the Kane family and their behavior as well over the last few years so I can believe the punch out side to the story as well.

This will all probably be settled civilly without charges ultimately being filed but I am willing to bet opposing fans will be bringing lots of dimes to the arenas for the next few years.

what kind of rumors?

and I'm not saying Kane is innocent, but I don't believe they 'robbed' the cabbie. and I also believe whatever punches were thrown were not about .20 in change but more about being forcefully locked in a cab at 4am by a guy who was probably being belligerent and treating these guys like they were out to rip him off.