Reebok Edge jersey: Real vs. Fake

tb426

As much as I want to share info with other collectors, I am really worried that many counterfeiters are actually lurking on this website or this post to "improved" their fakes....

I think the Chinese knockoff jersey makers could care less - their product is close enough to sell quite a few. Most people aren't as pick as collectors like us.

The ones I worry about are the Griffenfood types that aren't mass producing fakes, but making smaller quantities of particularly rare jerseys. I could see someone like him taking note of the flaws we find and slowly trying to adjust his product to look more and more authentic - afterall he normally does vintage collector friendly rare jerseys, not the kind the masses always care about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the "Winter Classics" jerseys which are on sale normally have a NHL shield patch ?

My Detroit jersey arrived yesterday and it hasnt a shield patch nor a fight strap.

Somewhere I heard that Authentic on ice "Winter Classics" jerseys weren't even on sale.

I'll post some pics later.

Do the "Winter Classics" jerseys which are on sale normally have a NHL shield patch ?

My Detroit jersey arrived yesterday and it hasnt a shield patch nor a fight strap.

Somewhere I heard that Authentic on ice "Winter Classics" jerseys weren't even on sale.

I'll post some pics later.

I have an authentic pro ones, real deal.

The only Winter Classic jerseys that Reebok didn't produce in authentics are the Sabres, Flyers, and Bruins

I have an authentic pro ones, real deal.

The only Winter Classic jerseys that Reebok didn't produce in authentics are the Sabres, Flyers, and Bruins

:(

I wanted an authentic one so much.

My jersey was bought at sportsk.

This one:

http://www.sportsk.com/cuderedwiwic.html

Right now I dont have any time to upload my pics.

Will do it hopefully later.

:(

I wanted an authentic one so much.

My jersey was bought at sportsk.

This one:

http://www.sportsk.com/cuderedwiwic.html

Right now I dont have any time to upload my pics.

Will do it hopefully later.

I don't think you should be worried, as many people here bought from them before. But those customization in the pics looks awful...

I don't think you should be worried, as many people here bought from them before. But those customization in the pics looks awful...

That might be because SportsK buys their customized WC jerseys right from NHL.com..... :glare:

If you buy a blank WC from them and get it customized, SK sends it to a sewing company which does a nice job. It's only the stocked player jerseys that are from NHL.com.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My first post here. So this is the case. I bought Martin Brodeur Devils jersey and it was supposed to be reebok center ice replica jersey/ official lisenced jersey. I'm pretty sure it's fake. Could someone who has center ice replica jerseys tell me that is the NHL shield patch on the collar similar to the one in the authentic? (Seen in the first pic of this thread) In reebok premium it's similar so i guess this new one in my collection is fake. I hope you know what i mean. (I'm from Finland and my english ain't perfect). Thanks.

Hello,

My first post here. So this is the case. I bought Martin Brodeur Devils jersey and it was supposed to be reebok center ice replica jersey/ official lisenced jersey. I'm pretty sure it's fake. Could someone who has center ice replica jerseys tell me that is the NHL shield patch on the collar similar to the one in the authentic? (Seen in the first pic of this thread) In reebok premium it's similar so i guess this new one in my collection is fake. I hope you know what i mean. (I'm from Finland and my english ain't perfect). Thanks.

Post this question again under the "is is good" thread under the "NHL" folder.

Pictures are a must. they may of just put a authentic neck tag on the fake jersey after ripping off another one.

Post this question again under the "is is good" thread under the "NHL" folder.

Pictures are a must. they may of just put a authentic neck tag on the fake jersey after ripping off another one.

Agree. Welcome aboard burana800. Please provide pics. It is just like having illness, you can't expect a doctor to diagnose your illness over the phone, correct?

• 1 month later...

This post and pics are excellent! It's insane how about 90% of the jerseys on ebay are fakes. Thankfully Blackhawks jerseys are easy to tell due to the detail in the crest/shoulder patches that replicas don't match. With other jerseys, you'd be hard pressed to tell from the pictures they have in the listing. Thanks for this post.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason the premier jerseys for the Winter Classic the past two years have not been in the edge cut, they use the Air Knit and they DO NOT HAVE THE NHL SHIELD AT THE TOP OF THE JERSEY. I have a Hawks jersey from the WC and I debated whether or not to buy one and put it on. You have the premier jersey and not the Authentic.

You know what I really hate...that there is a thread on a certain popular hockey message board devoted to discussing these counterfeit jerseys. Curiosity sometimes gets the best of me, and I find myself surfing though the thread, and I have to say, seeing the success some people have with these sites makes it awfully tempting to try my luck as well.

But then I think of the horror stories, see some of the crap people get, and also realize the guy I would be ordering from just wants my cash and doesn't give a crap if they spell Kovalchuk as Covalchuk, I come to my senses and stop looking.

Sure the Reebok jerseys are a bit overpriced, but I am proud to say I worked hard all summer to make enough money for college next semester, and had enough left over to buy myself a legit, Daneyko Devils throwback from IJ. When it comes in the mail, I will feel a billion times better about it than any cheap, piece of crap from China.

You know what I really hate...that there is a thread on a certain popular hockey message board devoted to discussing these counterfeit jerseys. Curiosity sometimes gets the best of me, and I find myself surfing though the thread, and I have to say, seeing the success some people have with these sites makes it awfully tempting to try my luck as well.

But then I think of the horror stories, see some of the crap people get, and also realize the guy I would be ordering from just wants my cash and doesn't give a crap if they spell Kovalchuk as Covalchuk, I come to my senses and stop looking.

Sure the Reebok jerseys are a bit overpriced, but I am proud to say I worked hard all summer to make enough money for college next semester, and had enough left over to buy myself a legit, Daneyko Devils throwback from IJ. When it comes in the mail, I will feel a billion times better about it than any cheap, piece of crap from China.

Nice Daneyko brother! It would look geat beisde my Stevens jersey when I get it :)

All the fake Reebok edge jerseys I've seen are horrible and putrid. I mean the metrial is tottaly wrong. just by touching it you can tell. They always use like old ccm 6100 blanks or anything they can get their hands on.

If you saw a real edge beside a fake edge its unreal how bad the fakes are in terms of quality. on EVERY level

For some reason the premier jerseys for the Winter Classic the past two years have not been in the edge cut, they use the Air Knit and they DO NOT HAVE THE NHL SHIELD AT THE TOP OF THE JERSEY. I have a Hawks jersey from the WC and I debated whether or not to buy one and put it on. You have the premier jersey and not the Authentic.

My Flyers jerseys have the NHL shield if that's what you are referring to.

Nice Daneyko brother! It would look geat beisde my Stevens jersey when I get it :)

All the fake Reebok edge jerseys I've seen are horrible and putrid. I mean the metrial is tottaly wrong. just by touching it you can tell. They always use like old ccm 6100 blanks or anything they can get their hands on.

If you saw a real edge beside a fake edge its unreal how bad the fakes are in terms of quality. on EVERY level

I know what you mean. I got suckered into one on ebay, before I knew about this place. Total garbage.

• 2 months later...

10.jpg

Surprisingly, both the size tag and the Reebok Center Ice tag are similar. But there are still a couple of things that could be found

a) The red stripe of the Canada flag are more wide compare to the real one, and the red maple leaf on the fake doesn't really look like a maple leaf

B) The gaps between letters on the real one is a bit wider compare to the fake

c) The Reebok Center Ice tags are almost identical, and the only difference you can tell is the "I" of the word "CENTER ICE" below the NHL logo (note that the bottom neck tag is from the real jersey)

Doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned it (unless I missed it) but the 'c's in CCM on the fake jersey lack the pinch on the left side that the authentic jersey has.

(I'm a photo editor, I'm trained to spot these things.)

Edited by darb

Doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned it (unless I missed it) but the 'c's in CCM on the fake jersey lack the pinch on the left side that the authentic jersey has.

(I'm a photo editor, I'm trained to spot these things.)

WELCOME!

Very good eye!

Not to mention the fake "C" is less broad and more block looking.

The real one has a much more pronounced curve.

• 4 months later...

3) Reebok stripe

Real:

11.jpg

Fake:

12.jpg

For real authentic jersey the Reebok stripe located above the Center Ice tag has the bigger Gray "RBK" wording behind, where there was none on my fake one. Now, as of Aug 22, 2009, I have spotted a few fakes on eBay that starting to have the bigger Gray "RBK" wording behind, so using this guideline to judge your jersey may not work anymore.

I understand there are variations in fakes, but they've gotten better in replicating the "RBK" wording behind the smaller RBK. You can still tell it's fake as it is not as clear as your original picture, but it is definitely vastly improved in the fakes from the bottom picture.

• 1 year later...

not sure if this has been answered previously but I figured it would be good to ask in this thread. Is the Reebok word mark also a patch? I haven't been able to tell from the pictures I have seen.

Thanks,

Appel

• 6 months later...

I was thinking of sending a jersey to you to possibly get the Captains "C" put on it. It is a Blackhawks Winter Classic. I was wondering if you could take a look at as I really dont know if it's authentic.

http://www.nhlfanaticsshop.com/nhl-chicago-blackhawks-19-jonathan-toews-authentic-black-third-jersey-with-stanley-cup-finals-patch-p-1797.html

That site doesn't look legit at all. The link you provided is to an "authentic" Hawks jersey but the pictures are stock photos of a replica, not an authentic. It's not at all clear what you're getting. The prices look fishy as well. Why would an authentic cost just $30 more than a replica? Also who would sell a new legit authentic customized jersey for $129?

I suggest you stay away from that site.

Not for nothing, but I also stay away from sites with questionable grammar:

"Welcome your visit"