2009-2010 Fantasy Hockey

lafountain

So last year our league was pretty successful in its first year as a prize awarded league.

Figure Yahoo is activating fantasy hockey this year, how many of last years players are back in?

Probably go the same route, if 10 players play then it is a $30 fee, if we can get to 12 players it would be a $25 fee. I am pretty sure our defending champ is in, he was quite happy with being able to cover a good portion of his prize last year. Not bad for a $30 "investment" Priority will go to those that played last year in the event I get too many people wanting to play. I know of only 1 that will drop out from last year and he wasn't on the boards.

The $300 I won in Fantasy Hockey went towards this beauty. This 2008-09 Set 3 White Leafs was worn by Curtis Joseph for wins 451,452 and 454 of his illustrious career. If he retires, this jersey will have been worn in his last victory in the NHL. This baby is photo matched with a moderate amount of puck marks and post paint to boot. Clearly a grail of mine.

Picture363.jpg

Picture364-1.jpg

I fully expect a sophomore slump after making it to the finals last year in my first time playing fantasy hockey, but count me in nonetheless. It definitely made me enjoy the season more.

League is setup, if you have an interest in participating either post here or PM me please. Have a few spots open for the league after contacting everyone that played last year that hasn't commented yet.

Very Interested!!

I'd love to have a league where people actually participate

• 2 weeks later...

Up to 8 signed up now. Would like 2 or 4 more to round out the league. Draft is 26 Sep at 2PM Eastern. If you would like to play but are unable to pay the fee right away, I am willing to work with you. Just PM me if interested.

I've never played before but I want to do it this year, can you PM me details lafountain?

OK, this will be the last request for fantasy hockey this season. Looking for one more to be the 10th, had someone drop out.

Draft is this Saturday.

Had another drop out, going with 8 this year. Looking forward to a fun season, see you all at the draft.

Yahoo allowed divisional setups this year, so I set it up as IceJerseys vs JerseyCentral.

I hope you are all ready for my unnecessary and inappropriate trash talking for the upcoming season.

I am really excited about my team, i think i got a few real steals. (Morrow, Stastny, Gonchar, Briere, and Kunitz)

C-Joe Thornton

C- Olli Jokinen

LW- Alexander Ovechkin

LW- Dany Heatley

RW- Daniel Alfredsson

RW- Bobby Ryan

F- Brendan Morrow

D- Sergei Gonchar

D- Tomas Kaberle

D- Brent Burns

D- Lubomir Visnovsky

G- Marc-Andre Fleury

G- Henrik Lundqvist

B- Paul Stastny - C

B- Dany Briere - C

B- Chris Kunitz - LW

B- Pekka Rinne -Goaltender

I am disappointed in only having 8. I had a 10th all lined up, but when we had one drop out bringing us down to 8 I couldn't invite him in since we had to have an even number of teams.

Now brings on the question of league fee. If we go $25 the prize comes out to $200, if we go $30 the prize would be $240. Which route would you all like to go on this?

Since i' am working in Canadian Dollars.

I'd prefer $25

• 11 months later...

Any interest in one this coming season?

YES!

If you were in the league last year, invites have been sent out. If you were not in last year, please PM your email address and I will send out an invite.

Registered!

GetReddentoLose Suckers! :)

EDIT: Are we still doing this for money because I am not opposed to that idea.

That is how it has been 2 out of 3 years, so was planning on it.

Guess who "Team Canada" is?!?!? :D

Word. How much is it going to be?

1 MILLION DOLLARS MUAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Word. How much is it going to be?

Is usually determined by the number of people who are in, in the two years, we have paid 25 and 30. Looks like a good number of people interested this year, so probably in the 20-25 range.