iceland game worn on ebay

Very cool item. I'm interested to see what it goes for.

Very cool item. I'm interested to see what it goes for.

I am beginning to think it might not go at all. 1 day left and still no bids, though there could be people who wait til that last day. If it does sell it probably will only have one or two bids on it I am guessing.

Starting price was too high. People find things like those nice anc cheap and either bid them up or get them for a steal. Start at $150 and people get scared away.

It did sell with one bid, but I had questions about the "game worn" claim. From the small picture it looked like there wasn't a mark on it. I just wasn't buying the game worn claim without more to go on.

Combine that with the sellers lack of information about the name on the back, any description of marks or wear, specific details about where and when it was worn, no sponsor patched generally worn in tournaments in Europe, the fact the seller had a feedback rating of zero and it had to be shipped from Iceland all probably helped to keep people at arms length.

Still, for a better price I'd have bid on it. I've got a lot of jerseys, but not one from Iceland and it wasn't a bad looking design.

After winning this auction : Iceland jerseys the seller gave me this information

"No those ones are worn in 2004 div III when we took gold medal for the first time. Player name is arnþór and the number is 24.

I have been playing hockey since 1989 when they made the firs outdoor rink in Akureyri. They made rink in reykjavík 1990 or 91 first indoor was made 97 in reykjavík and 2000 in akureyri then they made another rink in reykjavík 2002. As you know now we are going to seoul south korea for div II that will be a hard tournament for us but i´m confident we can battle for a medal. I´m the goalie off the team. Our leage is not that good but our best players are pretty good. But our problem is we have so few players. Now we are hoping to get new rinks in kópavogur and hafnafjörður those are towns just out side off reykjavík. If that happens soon we are hoping to climb to DIV I maybe in next 10 or 15 years.

I you like some other Iceland gear I can maybe get you some track suits and t shirts team Iceland hat. Just tell me what you would like. My club team is now selling the old jerseys for 70$ if you are interested.

If you have any qustons about our hockey I glad to answer hockey is what I do for I living, I run the only hockey store here. So please feal free

Best regards

Birgir Örn Sveinsson "

2004 team iceland roster