Can anyone verify a Winter Classic jersey for me?

anull11

I'm looking to buy a Blackhawks Winter Classic Jersey (Toews, of course) and was hoping that some of you more experienced guys could help me decide whether or not these jerseys are in fact legit or not.

Here are a couple of the links I am looking at....they have fight straps and look like they would be authentic to me, but I'm sure you would know better than I would.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Blackhawks-Toe...8#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-Blackhawks-19-...#ht_1525wt_1165

http://cgi.ebay.com/BNWT-RBK-Chicago-Black...#ht_1494wt_1165

Thank you guys so much for your help, and also I apologize in advance if this topic belongs somewhere else..don't flame me :thumbsup:

Without question all three of those are knockoffs. I'm no fan of or authority on Edge products, but it's pretty clear. Check the thread linked below for some useful info. Same goes with jerseys as with anything else. If the price is too good to be true, turn around and walk away.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1800

Awesome, thanks so much for your help guys!!

One other question though:

If I can get one of these knockoff jerseys for $40 I don't think I would mind so much, having an authentic isn't that big of a deal to me really I just want one i can wear to the games/around the city and whatnot.

I guess what I am asking is this: does Reebok actually make these jerseys or is it some random company just sewing on the logo for reebok? Also, what is the quality of the jersey material/stitching usually? I just want something to wear around and for 40 bucks, I don't see how I could go wrong really

Thanks again!!

It's just some company ripping off Reebok's copyright. The quality, I'd imagine, will be variable but on the poor side; 40 bucks isn't going to buy you a quality garment would be my general thought.

I wouldn't go for one myself, but I see where you're coming from. The price of a genuine authentic is ridiculous, and the Premiers are crap from what I've heard on here, so it can be no surprise to Reebok that people turn to the fakes.

I totally agree...the big problem is that I can't afford the price of an authentic jersey as I'm still in college and I can just afford to buy enough ramen to feed myself 3 times a day :unsure:

Anyways, the feedback for the seller on these jerseys seems to all be pretty good, everyone that has left feedback said good things about the seller and the actual product, so I might give it a try and see how it is.

I'll post on here if I get one and let you guys know what it's like.

I totally agree...the big problem is that I can't afford the price of an authentic jersey as I'm still in college and I can just afford to buy enough ramen to feed myself 3 times a day :unsure:

Anyways, the feedback for the seller on these jerseys seems to all be pretty good, everyone that has left feedback said good things about the seller and the actual product, so I might give it a try and see how it is.

I'll post on here if I get one and let you guys know what it's like.

The only time i have thought about getting a fake is to see what size authentic i would wear in the edge style. I would hate to spend 300 dollars on something that doesnt fit. If i got one i probably wouldnt wear it outside the house, but thats just me. From anyone's experience do the fakes fit the same in comparison to a real jersey.

The only other good thing about having a quality fake is you have something to compare agaisnt if you have a real and a fake.

Well I'm not spending $300...all I'm asking is what you guys think of putting out $50 to get a knock off from eBay so I can have something to wear to the games or I can buy another Hawks T-shirt for $20.

I think you would be hard pressed to argue not spend an extra 30 to get a jersey, albeit a knockoff, instead of another shirt. Maybe that's just me?

While ultimately it is your money and only you can decide how to spend it, I don't think you will much if any support in a decision to purchase a knockoff. You just have to decide if it is something that will bother you.

I have purchased knockoffs in the past (before I really knew about the differences) but those jerseys now hang in the far portion of my closet.

Also if you just want it to wear to games and around the city, you could always look into a replica. The replica Winter Classic jerseys were very well done.

I have a replica Toews WC jersey. it is not the same material or cut as the other Premiers, its airknit with a regular straight cut like the old CCM jerseys. as opposed to the normal Premiers which are cut like a diaper and made out of jersey collectors shredded hopes and dreams.

don't be that guy and get a knockoff. I know $40, college student, yadda yadda, but I'm as broke as anyone and its not super hard to scrounge up the cash to get a replica. and even with customization mine only set me back about $150, so the actual jersey was probably under $100, not a huge difference from $40.

I wouldn't buy a knockoff jersey because the customizing is crap. The stupid shiny satin numbers that look all crinkly are horrible.

I've also gotten to see up close firsthand the "quality" of some of the NHL knockoffs since some of my friends aren't as picky as I am. While I'm no fan of the RBK Premier replicas, the knockoffs are just as bad if not worse.

Stay away from the fakes. If you can get a CCM 550 replica. As someone else mentioned I thought the Hawks Winter Classic jerseys were closer to the 550 style than the Permiers anyway.

• 2 weeks later...