Bruins Winter Classic Jersey

xcdude

I thought the Blackhawks and Red Wings ones were last year?

I believe they did sell authentics of those jerseys (99% certain), as my dad did get my mom one (a Chris Osgood jersey I think)

I believe they did sell authentics of those jerseys (99% certain), as my dad did get my mom one (a Chris Osgood jersey I think)

I am also pretty certain the 2009 WC jerseys were retailed authentics. I know the 2008 ones were ONLY replicas. I'm not sure about the ones this year. I know the replicas have already hit the shelves. You could try nhl.com or the bruins or flyers websites, they might have authentics there.

if they do the replicas like last year I'd say get one, my Hawks WC jersey is pretty much a 550.

The NHL Shop catalog from last year were selling WC authentic jerseys, and I remember TTS was also selling them. The catalog from this year has the WC replica jerseys in the EDGE Premier cut (with the jock tag), not the 550s like the past 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

The ones at the NHL Store in NYC are customized with felt names and numbers. Awesome touch. 5500 cut with the EDGE collar and NHL insignia.

They actually make the Winter classics in authentic for retail? Wow I have a decent number of contacts and I couldn't track down any except for a Chicago Blackhawks WC but I figured it was a mistake. Interesting, I really need to move south in the winter or something.

They actually make the Winter classics in authentic for retail? Wow I have a decent number of contacts and I couldn't track down any except for a Chicago Blackhawks WC but I figured it was a mistake. Interesting, I really need to move south in the winter or something.

They made them for the Hawks and Red Wings last year, and I was wondering if they did it this year. Apparently they did not.

Update: I ordered the replica Bruins WC with LUCIC on it instead. Should be arriving today. :)

I'd be afraid of getting a name on the back in advance and then having the guy miss the game. I was sweating it out when Lidstrom got hurt just prior to last year's game since that's who I had planned on getting.

Received my Looch yesterday (he may not be healed up in time for the game, but he's still one of my favorites on the roster and he's already done a ton of promo work for this game). I'll put up photos later, but for now, a series of text descriptions:

• Like last year's, the replicas are made and cut in the CCM/Koho 550 style, not in the EDGE style. Thus, they're bigger in the body, like we've all come to grow to love :)
  • The collar has the NHL logo, unlike last year's replicas (the 'Hawks' and Wings' replicas don't have the shield). And just like the real things, it's a patch, not embroidery.
  • The crest is made of felt and is glued on. The back number is also in felt, with decorative top-stitching and glued onto the jersey.
  • Winter Classic patch glued on
  • Arm numbers also in felt, top stitched detail, and glued on.
  • The name is stitched onto a nameplate which is then stitched onto the jersey.
  • Reebok logo patch on the back of the neck

But man, it is sharp in person!

Just get a blank one, you can't go wrong with that. It's what I intend on doing because I don't have a favorite player on either team. And like you said, what if you buy one with a player who eventually gets traded.

Just get a blank one, you can't go wrong with that. It's what I intend on doing because I don't have a favorite player on either team. And like you said, what if you buy one with a player who eventually gets traded.

Normally I would, but due to the name plate difference, it just wouldn't feel right. I know I could add one later, but I'd rather just wait until they are a regular home jersey and add the patch. Maybe Blair Betts will be 1st star of the game and I'd have a cool excuse to get one with his name on it.

Personally, I just went with a favorite player. This whole "historical accuracy" movement is wearing a little thin.

I would agree when it comes to years of different jersey makers and such, but when it comes to whether or not that person played in the one game where they wore them...I would be a bit of a stickler.