It is good or not?

lafountain

I still think it's a legit replica. The fact that the seller uses the term authentic doesn't mean to me they are mis-representing the jersey, I think it's a matter of some sellers using "authentic" to mean "genuine/licensed". The NHL Player tag just denotes that it uses an NHLPA kit for the customization and was probably added when the jersey was customized.

In the end the only suspicious piece is the size tag listing 52(L). However considering Nike's practices of blurring the line between replicas and authentics during that era (see 1998 Olympic jerseys) I wouldn't be surprised if that was something they had on some of their replica jerseys at that time.

I really don't think the counterfeiters would take the time to make up a fake replica jersey to compete with the fake authentics from this era they already have.

I know this is old, but I'm 99% sure its fake. Those swooshes do not look right at ALL. They look like the old Griffenfood or Griffen whatever fakes but on a replica.

Also NEVER buy anything from guess_who_27. She is a notorious scammer in the game worn community. I don't know if people here have dealt wit her. My advice? Don't.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is old, but I'm 99% sure its fake. Those swooshes do not look right at ALL. They look like the old Griffenfood or Griffen whatever fakes but on a replica.

Also NEVER buy anything from guess_who_27. She is a notorious scammer in the game worn community. I don't know if people here have dealt wit her. My advice? Don't.

Its nit only here she has some russian guy that works with her too. They purchased a jersey from me once and for 2 hours he tried to sell me fake russian hockey jerseys and a fake game worn Kuvolchuk jersey. Stay away from them!

What I thought haha just wanted to be sure. Just wondering, do any of you know the deal with this jersey, Leland Irving gamer with the captains C? http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4691146&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4523&scId=4523

The first picture is of a Jarome Iginla jersey, look at the sleeves. Probably a stock photo, or maybe they didn't have one of the front of the jersey. Don't know why they couldn't take one.

Im thinking they categorize the jerseys in computer folders like folllowing:

(Folder for year)

(Folder for sets)

(folder for Team)

Which would leave the Irving next to the Iginla, goes to upload the irving photo, uploads the iginla by mistake.

Thats just what im assuming, they clicked the wrong guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-BUFFALO-SABRES-VINTAGE-JERSEY-/230836966237?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item35bef4935d

looks like someone took a blank vintage GC Knitting sweater and slapped a new sabres crest on the front... thoughts?

I just got my Ales Hemsky game worn...

This dude makes a hilarious alteration. The top parts of each sleeve are actually cut off. I assume he does this to make them shorter. You can clearly see a cut has been made. They don't bother fixing it, either. From what I can tell on the inside of the sleeve, a stitch has been placed on the seam so that it doesn't come in half.

Reminds me what I do to the legs of my Pajama bottoms sometimes if they're too long :D just snip it off.

I can post pics in a while if anyone requests.

I just got my Ales Hemsky game worn...

This dude makes a hilarious alteration. The top parts of each sleeve are actually cut off. I assume he does this to make them shorter. You can clearly see a cut has been made. They don't bother fixing it, either. From what I can tell on the inside of the sleeve, a stitch has been placed on the seam so that it doesn't come in half.

Reminds me what I do to the legs of my Pajama bottoms sometimes if they're too long :D just snip it off.

I can post pics in a while if anyone requests.

You should post it in New Arrivals 6.0, I'm pretty sure some of the guys would love to see it.

Cool. I'm just trying to figure out whether or not the "A" from the jersey would have been stripped.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4591054&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

The Edmonton Oilers wore their Blue Retro Set 1 jerseys from October 3, 2009 through November 28, 2009.

I've just found a bunch of videos from this era, but this is the only one I can find where Hemsky doesn't have the "A":

Meigray is very good about stuff like that. If it had a letter on it that was removed they would have noted it.

Not saying things can't slip through the cracks but odds are it didn't have one if they didn't mention it.

Hmmmm ok. It looks like in that case Hemsky only wore this jersey like 2 times.

Sounds kinda weird. But I've already seen clips from almost all games in this period, and he had the "A" in all except 2.

Perhaps it does make sense since they may have needed to issue him a new jersey when he no longer needed the "A".

Any info here is appreciated. THX (and I'll probably post pics in the new arrivals section today or tomorrow)

Was looking for a little bit of help on this jersey. Is it real or fake. Anybody know anything about this jersey and if it is a real gamer. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170894900359&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123

Here are some more photos of the jersey.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-Sean-Burke-at-the-1988-1989-All-Star-Game-Jersey-W0QQAdIdZ317633601

Any help would be appreciated.

Was looking for a little bit of help on this jersey. Is it real or fake. Anybody know anything about this jersey and if it is a real gamer. http://www.ebay.ca/i...E:X:RTQ:CA:1123

Here are some more photos of the jersey.

http://toronto.kijij...QAdIdZ317633601

Any help would be appreciated.

The Burke is real but in the Kijij post he added picture of a different jersey except for the first 5 because that plaque belongs with that jersey. These jerseys were sold during the 1988/89 All-Star game. recently someone sold a Hull and a Gretzky jersey with the same exact plaque and they were numbed.

The Burke is real but in the Kijij post he added picture of a different jersey except for the first 5 because that plaque belongs with that jersey. These jerseys were sold during the 1988/89 All-Star game. recently someone sold a Hull and a Gretzky jersey with the same exact plaque and they were numbed.

I thought the Plaques were sold with the all star jerseys them selfs not a team jersey as I have a few

Was looking for a little bit of help on this jersey. Is it real or fake. Anybody know anything about this jersey and if it is a real gamer. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170894900359&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:CA:1123

There's some serious BS going on here. How is that Devils jersey supposed to be gameworn? There wasn't any skills competition that year, so I would think the only jersey actually worn would be the All-Star jersey for that year. Plus that jersey has a large block CCM logo, which wasn't around until the next season (1989/90). Burke also used #30 in the 1989 ASG. He didn't even play in the 1990 ASG, so I don't see how that jersey could possibly be an ASG gamer.

Anyone else see the plastic tag fastener in this pic of the Burke? Definitely some shenanigans going on.

He mixed his pictures up and that's a picture of a Flames jersey but the first 3 are of the Burke jersey.

There's some serious BS going on here. How is that Devils jersey supposed to be gameworn? There wasn't any skills competition that year, so I would think the only jersey actually worn would be the All-Star jersey for that year. Plus that jersey has a large block CCM logo, which wasn't around until the next season (1989/90). Burke also used #30 in the 1989 ASG. He didn't even play in the 1990 ASG, so I don't see how that jersey could possibly be an ASG gamer.

They sold the jersey as memorabilia and the NHLPA gave plaques with the jersey. Here are some the recently sold on eBay:

Brett Hull http://cgi.ebay.com/...3#ht_997wt_1182

The same seller also had a black 1988 small block ccm Wayne Gretzky whit a plaque that was numbers to a 100. The Devils BURKE jersey is real I can tell by the ccm blocks and the placement of the fight strap. Like I said in his Kijij listing he added additional pictures of a different jersey what looks to be a Flames jersey. If you're serious and you want to purchase it I would use the eBay link.

That still doesn't explain what connection there is between the Burke jersey and the 1989 ASG. Did he just wear the jersey (along with 29 others) for a minute to take a picture or something, because I don't see how he would have used it in the actual All-Star Game. And would those large block CCM logos have been on a jersey as early as February 1989?