It is good or not?

lafountain

Wow I have not seen so much spaced wasted on two members quoting each other each time something is said .

iknorite? So terrible to see members wasting space helping each other out.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The internet is almost out of space. I mean I hit 85% in my gmail this weekend, doom is imminent.

Ha that is genius, I never thought about that. I will definitely have to move the crests down, no idea how I would do that though, never tried anything like that, but I will do some research. Would DA be willing to do that? I do see some Starter Mesh jerseys in size 48 on eBay, one comes with a nameplate but is listed at $200, the other has no nameplate, but has the "C" logo stitched onto it already, but for half the price. Not sure if I should go for those because I'd much rather get a burgundy one for now, but another thing I was considering was, do you know if DA would allow me to ship from eBay directly to them rather than buying the jersey and having it shipped to my place in Toronto, and then back to DA?

On a side note, does anyone have any input on this jersey please?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181146800662?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

I don't know much about Rangers, but I've tried to compare with pictures and it seems maybe the front "Rangers" are stitched too close and the lettering in the back is a bit thick, but realistically I am not sure.

Thanks

Unfortunately, DA won't remove and re-sew a crest. The good news is that it's pretty easy to do and if you know anyone who is even decent on a sewing machine, it's easy to stitch back down. My wife did both of mine and they look pretty much exactly like the stitching from the factory. Lots of good stuff in the how to guides & jersey basics thread here, too. Don't bother with the Starters that come with factory nameplates (at least not specifically because of the plate). Those plates don't match the curve DA uses so they won't even consider using them. If they did, it wouldn't look right anyway. If you got the one with the C, I'd recommend removing it so DA could put one they made on it just to be sure you have an "on-ice" letter. As for a burgundy, you shouldn't have to wait too long for something to come up, they pop up pretty regularly. Not sure if DA would care, or even if they'd know for that matter that you were having the seller send directly to them. I'd say just do it and ask forgiveness later if they are upset. If you feel like you need to, contact them directly. No harm in asking, right? Their customer jersey contact is Julie Fredericksen. Either email her directly or call and ask for her by name. She'll take care of you and answer your questions. I can't imagine that they'd have a problem with that. I mean, who cares if they sent it or you sent it or someone else sent it? Just make sure they know exactly what you want and have your return address & I'd think you're good to go.

Alright thanks a lot for all the help. I will keep waiting for a jersey for now I think, possibly may pick up the white Starter Avs with the C, but even if I got it, I think I may wait for a Burgundy as well before shipping it off to DA. By the way, I remember reading that you still needed a nameplate for your Burgundy Starter Mesh for Forsberg. I called CoolHockey (in Toronto) today actually, and they said they did carry Starter mesh material for nameplates, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to sell just the material alone.

The internet is almost out of space. I mean I hit 85% in my gmail this weekend, doom is imminent.

Wow! I set two personal goals this school year with my gmail. #1) Hit 2,500 unread emails. I accomplished this with 2 weeks to spare before the end of the school year. I'm very proud of myself and show off to anyone who will listen. They seem pretty impressed, too. #2) Hit 5,000 total emails. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to come up just short. I have 2 days of school left and need 58 emails. It's gonna be real close, but I don't think I'll make it. I average anywhere between 15 to 20 per day, so it's gonna be real bitter - especially if it's within less than 10. My students offer to blast my account, but I feel this is cheating and tell them I cannot accept their help & would just erase their false messages. It needs to be real. All of this and I'm only at 2% of my gmail. You have raised the bar, good sir. To a level I may never even sniff. You are my newest hero and the standard to which I shall commit my aspirations.

Alright thanks a lot for all the help. I will keep waiting for a jersey for now I think, possibly may pick up the white Starter Avs with the C, but even if I got it, I think I may wait for a Burgundy as well before shipping it off to DA. By the way, I remember reading that you still needed a nameplate for your Burgundy Starter Mesh for Forsberg. I called CoolHockey (in Toronto) today actually, and they said they did carry Starter mesh material for nameplates, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to sell just the material alone.

Nice. Thanks for the tip on the mesh material. Worth following up on, for sure.

Hi,

Long time lurker and somewhat new poster looking for some help.

On eBay I stumbled across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121116440620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_282wt_721

I have never seen this style of the Starter "black" series Devils jersey.

I am used and actually own this jersey that I see all the time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321132031152?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_86wt_958

My question is the jersey in the first link real? If so, is there any explanation to the different striping? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks!

Hi,

Long time lurker and somewhat new poster looking for some help.

On eBay I stumbled across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121116440620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_282wt_721

I have never seen this style of the Starter "black" series Devils jersey.

I am used and actually own this jersey that I see all the time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321132031152?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_86wt_958

My question is the jersey in the first link real? If so, is there any explanation to the different striping? Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks!

Both are Starter "fashion" jerseys. Starter made off-colored jerseys for pretty much every team and called them "fashion jerseys". None of them were anything that was ever used by an NHL team, just a cash grab to give the casual fan something "cool" and "different" to wear. They're terrible, but they're both real.

Both are Starter "fashion" jerseys. Starter made off-colored jerseys for pretty much every team and called them "fashion jerseys". None of them were anything that was ever used by an NHL team, just a cash grab to give the casual fan something "cool" and "different" to wear. They're terrible, but they're both real.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I remember when Starter made these for the Devils and other teams as well (I know Colorado for sure and I think Florida and Montreal as well). They are like early versions of the terrible Black Ice and Accelerator jerseys Reebok has now.

Was there a reason for the different striping? I have seen the style in the second link quite a bit at games but never seen the first style until a couple months ago.

Thanks!

Yep dropkick hit it right on the head. They were fashion jerseys made in the late 90's and some teams actually had a few different fashion jerseys.

Here is a pic of him (only able to find a pic of the front, showing the captain's patch):

0ti3zRv.png

Here are other pics showing the placement of the numbers at the back/font:

chHyPjp.pngU2gQ7PZ.png

Looks perfectly accurate for that style jersey from 1996. The Leafs used HUGE numbers and no names on the back.

That jersey used to be mine, Truman @ GameDay did it. Id say its spot on. (I know it was mine since its #90)

yikes...i've got a bad feeling about this, but my wife bought me this

http://www.icesportsshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_482_500&products_id=2891

it apparently shipped from china? but thought replicas didn't get faked according to the 'how to spot a fake' thread, perhaps a new trend? i'll check it out thoroughly when it comes in

That site looks pretty shady; no contact address, and descriptions are written in very poor English. I would be surprised if they actually sold legit merchandise, but for your sake I hope I'm wrong... At least it looks like returns are possible, under certain conditions.

yikes...i've got a bad feeling about this, but my wife bought me this

http://www.icesportsshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_482_500&products_id=2891

it apparently shipped from china? but thought replicas didn't get faked according to the 'how to spot a fake' thread, perhaps a new trend? i'll check it out thoroughly when it comes in

its fake, they just used that picture from another website or something it seems..

call the credit card company... or end up looking like this guy

5164925725_b6a45f723c.jpg

ouch, thanks guys

thats what i was afraid of, already talked to the wife about it, she said she got a text message saying the jersey was out for delivery (from a phone number in state) she texted them back asking if it was authentic why was it coming from china, dont recall what she said they said back, so we'll see what it looks like.

only reason she went there is cause i prefered that 3rd jersey to the dark one thats on icejerseys.com (and it was already customized) but may have to suck it up and get the dark blue one with the smaller crest or just buy the plain 2010 at the regular price at a local store, if this one is a fake...

unless anyone happens to know where i can get the 2010 3rd done up with orpik for a nice price?

There are about 40000 sites like this out there, they cant shut them down fast enough to keep up. I think the Govt. Division of ICE shut down like 5k counterfeit websites in 2012.