It is good or not?

lafountain

Yea, I wasn't trying to say it wasn't a legitimate jersey. It definitely is legit. I want to get a blank and add the patch myself... the price just seemed extra high to me because of his claim that it was issued for the game.

You got a pretty good deal on it though, so I wouldn't be worried at all.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Winter Classic jerseys that were worn during the other games not outside have almost always been one of the sets worn during the game only with a small swatch of fabric covering the Classic patch on the shoulder. I know for a fact that the Rangers and Flyers did this. Here is the Rangers proof:

IMG_0535-vi.jpg

And I'm almost positive that the Bruins did the same thing. I seem to recall a conversation with Barry about this some time ago and him confirming it. As far as I know, these three teams are the only ones who wore their actual Winter Classic jerseys at other points in the regular season. After all, the Penguins, Capitals AND Flyers turned theirs into either alternate or road sets later down the line. The only one I'm not 100% sure about is when the Wings wore theirs in 2009 against the Blackhawks to close out their home season.

Mike,

I was scanning through some of the Getty images... it looks at least for the Bruins that they didn't patch over the jersey and had non-patched versions for their indoor game.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/milan-lucic-of-the-boston-bruins-during-warm-ups-before-the-news-photo/96177228

and

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/milan-lucic-of-the-boston-bruins-during-warm-ups-before-the-news-photo/96177169

According to the 2009-10 Population report, Zack is right.

MeiGray lists all the various Boston WC jerseys (warm-ups, 1st period, 2nd period, 3rd period) and then GC "Gold Classic" jersey that was worn on 1/23/10, 2/6/10 and 3/21/10.

I ended up getting him down to $300 for the Flyers Winter Classic 2010 jersey, although at this point you guys do have me worried regarding its pedigree and cost drop lol

However, I did do the guy a favor in fixing up his website so it's possible he gave me a larger discount just for that so idk

I'll be sure to take pictures and inspect it to see what you guys think-- if we looked at the patch stitching do you think it could be used to determine the validity of it?

I think it's legit. It's the same jersey but the orange is a different shade in my eyes.

As far as I know, these three teams are the only ones who wore their actual Winter Classic jerseys at other points in the regular season. After all, the Penguins, Capitals AND Flyers turned theirs into either alternate or road sets later down the line. The only one I'm not 100% sure about is when the Wings wore theirs in 2009 against the Blackhawks to close out their home season.

The Red Wings wore the 2009WC white Detroit Cougars style against the Hawks on April 11, 2009 for their final home game of that season.

Ok so can someone explain this to me? This is a Ray Bourque 2001 Stanley Cup jersey (Signed), but it's a Koho... They wore CCM's, so this does not make sense to me that it's being called a Authentic 2001 Stanley Cup jersey. The construction/quality looks like a legit Authentic Koho though.

Part of me thinks this is a fair price, but part of me also thinks that this is a foul since they wore CCM jerseys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330991791176?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Btw, here is a CCM that is also supposedly signed with no proof beyond some picture, and the signature looks suspect. This one is much harder to read because he doesn't show you more pictures. Why the hell make someone request a COA and not simply provide it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111113427279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(I'm much better with starters rather than CCM or KOHO)

Ok so can someone explain this to me? This is a Ray Bourque 2001 Stanley Cup jersey (Signed), but it's a Koho... They wore CCM's, so this does not make sense to me that it's being called a Authentic 2001 Stanley Cup jersey. The construction/quality looks like a legit Authentic Koho though.

Part of me thinks this is a fair price, but part of me also thinks that this is a foul since they wore CCM jerseys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330991791176?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Btw, here is a CCM that is also supposedly signed with no proof beyond some picture, and the signature looks suspect. This one is much harder to read because he doesn't show you more pictures. Why the hell make someone request a COA and not simply provide it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111113427279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(I'm much better with starters rather than CCM or KOHO)

No jersey foul there. Back then, all the teams white jerseys were CCM's, while the dark and alternates were Koho.

http://m.nhluniforms.com/2001-02.html

No jersey foul there. Back then, all the teams white jerseys were CCM's, while the dark and alternates were Koho.

http://m.nhluniforms.com/2001-02.html

Ok that makes sense, and it looks like an authentic based on the construction. Seems like a good deal then thanks

I have Drury gamer from that year (before playoffs) and that is a Koho it is a set 3 so it's closer to the end of the season.(still haven't figured the exact dates it was worn)

The Winter Classic jerseys that were worn during the other games not outside have almost always been one of the sets worn during the game only with a small swatch of fabric covering the Classic patch on the shoulder. I know for a fact that the Rangers and Flyers did this. Here is the Rangers proof:

IMG_0535-vi.jpg

And I'm almost positive that the Bruins did the same thing. I seem to recall a conversation with Barry about this some time ago and him confirming it. As far as I know, these three teams are the only ones who wore their actual Winter Classic jerseys at other points in the regular season. After all, the Penguins, Capitals AND Flyers turned theirs into either alternate or road sets later down the line. The only one I'm not 100% sure about is when the Wings wore theirs in 2009 against the Blackhawks to close out their home season.

The Caps wore the WC jersey for Dino Ciccarelli Night 2 months after the WC. They wore a completely separate set without the patch for that game, though I am sure few remember it because most of the players were probably busy in a limo instead of showing up for that game. Some of the jerseys from that game have popped up on ebay for insane prices over the years.

Can anyone confirm if this is good? Don't see a lot of replicas of this jersey and I know premiers aren't generally faked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-2009-Henrik-Lunqvist-Authentic-All-Star-Jersey-Adult-Large-/330990716287?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4d1095857f#ht_25wt_959

Thanks in advance guys

It's legit.

"Send a self-abused stomped antelope to obtain the C.O.A.," lol!

Ok that's just amazing.

You know as amusing as that was, I had to reread that at least once lol.

Haha, well at least the guy has a sense of humor:

Me: I'm considering purchasing this jersey, however if I wanted a COA, could you provide one without me having to abuse an antelope? That just seems like an excessive request.

Him: I definitely can do that for you. It depends a lot on what area you live in. Some places it is easy to make contact with an antelope and sometimes they are so plentiful you can't help but abuse them. It sounds like you are in a densely populated antelope zone. So I would be happy to get the C.O.A. to you with the jersey without any problem or any abuse involved.

I think we should all send him very nice messages letting him know he's not fooling anyone.

Just picked this up at the weekend, I know the 9 on the back is off but what do you think of the the auto? Also how difficult is it to strip the number?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anaheim-Ducks-Paul-Kariya-2003-Stanley-Cup-replica-jersey-/300950771850?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=NlMh6yIQnueMRtl%252Buvt%252BkJTlXOQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thanks

The seller has listed the jersey as a replica, but it's really an authentic pro model. The only unfortunate thing is that the ProPlayer brand was the one worn in the 1999-2000 season. It would have been more accurate to have a CCM jersey, which was the one used during the 2003 Cup Finals.

Stripping the number off is not difficult in itself, but you'll never be sure how messy it might be underneath until you actually do it, which is especially significant when you're dealing with a white jersey. The good thing here is that if you're going to put the same number back on, you'll be covering up most of the same area as before, so if you couldn't strip it cleanly, hopefully any residue won't be visible after you put on the new number.

Fake, but one of the better ones I've seen. The fight strap stitching is always a dead giveaway.

Fake, but one of the better ones I've seen. The fight strap stitching is always a dead giveaway.

Thanks for helping me out, yeah I've never seen a Hawks fake with the chain stitched tomahawks/crest (even if did look a little off).

they are getting better at this...