It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... That Gretzky AS is a terrible fake....

i see a lot of those AS jerseys at card and collector shops, they are all trash counterfeits. they spend $20 bucks on a crap jersey, get it autographed and then charge $XXX for it. the uneducated buy them up because it has player ________ signature on them. i particularly like the 'authentication' certificate many of them come with to make it look further legit.

What's up with this type of embroidery on some replicas?

I have another replica in the exact same style of jersey where it is done exactly like an authentic. This one, however, is embroidered with more of a plastic-type feel. It is sewn to the jersey but it is one piece (instead of 3). The other parts look to be sewn on but it is actually just a drawing o_O.

I've seen lots of these at games and now I just ordered this replica for a friend, and we were disappointed to see it was embroidered the same way.

100_5006.jpg100_5007.jpg

seem to recall someone was looking for a red Panthers jersey. i don't know squat about their gear, so you'll have to proof it out for authenticity

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-worn-Florida-Panters-jersey-/271418537222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f31ce3506

seem to recall someone was looking for a red Panthers jersey. i don't know squat about their gear, so you'll have to proof it out for authenticity

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-worn-Florida-Panters-jersey-/271418537222?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f31ce3506

I think that may have been me...but I was referring to the Edge Red ones.

Thanks for this find though. I will check it out.

No one knows the answer to mine?

Should I start a thread?

That's the crappy customization you normally get on replicas from shop.NHL.com and many other big retail places.

It's single layer printed twill - often the stitch marks are even printed on and it's glued on. It definitely feels more plastic-y than regular twill. Check out this page on IceJerseys.com to see a comparison of this style of customization and the correct customization they offer.

Stuff like this is why folks here always recommend buying a blank jersey, then get it customized by a legit customizer. Or buy from someplace like IJ that does proper customization from the start.

legit replica

Can someone explain to me why the CCM logo is on it instead of the KOHO one. The The dark jerseys were done by KOHO and so this throws me off.

Koho did the dark and alternate jerseys (replica and authentic) until Reebok bought The Hockey Company (owners of CCM & Koho) in 2004. So after the lockout, for the 2005-06 season the authentic 6100s were RBK tagged, and the replica 550s were CCM tagged - regardless of if they were white/dark/alternate.

NVM.

Edited by LAK74

Koho did the dark and alternate jerseys (replica and authentic) until Reebok bought The Hockey Company (owners of CCM & Koho) in 2004. So after the lockout, for the 2005-06 season the authentic 6100s were RBK tagged, and the replica 550s were CCM tagged - regardless of if they were white/dark/alternate.

Can someone explain to me why the CCM logo is on it instead of the KOHO one. The The dark jerseys were done by KOHO and so this throws me off.

I have a replica red Canes jersey that has CCM on it, but it's from the orange NHL shield era? :mellow:

Oh, and the CCM logo placement is that of 2000-04, so I dunno?

Edited by Nas

That clears it up. Thanks for the response.

I have a replica red Canes jersey that has CCM on it, but it's from the orange NHL shield era? :mellow:

Oh, and the CCM logo placement is that of 2000-04, so I dunno?

I think you mean orange NHL "puck" logo, do you not?

If so, it may confirm what I suspect, but am not 100% sure about- CCM may have made dark replicas way before the lockout. Please let us know if that jersey has the CCM logo under the back collar and the puck logo on the hem.

I think you mean orange NHL "puck" logo, do you not?

If so, it may confirm what I suspect, but am not 100% sure about- CCM may have made dark replicas way before the lockout. Please let us know if that jersey has the CCM logo under the back collar and the puck logo on the hem.

DR7xU0M.jpg

Also the CCM collar tag has the orange shield on it.

Edited by Nas

Thank you for that. I believe the puck logo disappeared from CCM/Koho replicas around 2004 or so, so I have the feeling your jersey may have been made between 2000-04. I also have a CCM Rangers blue Liberty replica with the puck logo.

Thank you for that. I believe the puck logo disappeared from CCM/Koho replicas around 2004 or so, so I have the feeling your jersey may have been made between 2000-04. I also have a CCM Rangers blue Liberty replica with the puck logo.

At the end of the 2004/05 season it seems, when the NHL went from the orange to silver branding. I miss that old puck logo, though. :(

And the orange shield, too.

Edited by Nas

I have a replica red Canes jersey that has CCM on it, but it's from the orange NHL shield era?

Now I understand what you meant about the "orange NHL shield era." At first I thought you were referring to the 1990's, because that's when the game jerseys had the black/orange shields on the hem (they switched to black/silver in 1999). You were referring to the NHL shield on the replica collar tag, right? It does seem true that the more recent replicas tend to have the silver shield on the neck tag, but I don't think it's an infallible way to tell when the jersey was made. There are some post-lockout CCM replicas that still have the orange shield, like this Ducks one which is clearly a 2006-07:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180861679336?

I find it's considerably harder to pin down the manufacturing date of a replica as opposed to an authentic, just based on the tags.

Hello,newbie..aquired some jerserys thinking of getting into it...also will sell...how are these ,Authentic?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1zh906fyteq5w10/yEVF9EuwHC

I think the Fleury is a team issued,was a Ronald Macdonald House auction in Wasaga Beach

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm8m48cq2xu66sq/marc-andrel_crop.jpg

Edited by BillyBob