It is good or not?

lafountain

My infant sized jersey, I mean size 46 2.0 isn't that pronounced. Of course I haven't photographed it yet for proof but here's my 1.0 for reference:

I wish I had the 2.0 to show as it's a better representation (done by AW).

I lost the auction by $2.40. No biggie. I'll get one eventually

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nameplate material looks wrong on the Lundqvist as well..

That guy is a good seller tho.. I got my authentic Starter Richter from him..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SICK-Keith-Tkachuk-Authentic-Starter-Hockey-Jersey-Size-54-Fight-Strap-Coyotes-/380880554872?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item58ae400b78

If anyone can help much appreciated because nhl uniforms database says Starter did their jerseys at this period but it says "Made in El Salvador" so no idea about that part and also..the customization on the number looks... "off"... I'm not sure if it's the way the jersey is laying, if it's not straightened out... or if that seriously is the number angled. From what I know the numbers were not done that way...or am I mistaken.

Thanks.

Edited by WrathofAchilles

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SICK-Keith-Tkachuk-Authentic-Starter-Hockey-Jersey-Size-54-Fight-Strap-Coyotes-/380880554872?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item58ae400b78

If anyone can help much appreciated because nhl uniforms database says Starter did their jerseys at this period but it says "Made in El Salvador" so no idea about that part and also..the customization on the number looks... "off"... I'm not sure if it's the way the jersey is laying, if it's not straightened out... or if that seriously is the number angled. From what I know the numbers were not done that way...or am I mistaken.

Thanks.

Retail Starter authentics were predominantly made in El Salvador, whereas the gamers were manufactured in Berlin, WI. Starter logo on the back hem (S-star and wordmark underneath) plus the neck tags says that's from the 96/97 season. The 97/98 road jerseys had just the STARTER wordmark on the back hem and different neck tags.

the customization on the number looks... "off"... I'm not sure if it's the way the jersey is laying, if it's not straightened out... or if that seriously is the number angled. From what I know the numbers were not done that way...or am I mistaken.

If you look at the top of the 7 near the nameplate, it does look crooked. At the bottom you can just make out where the fight strap is connected and the bottom of the 7 is at an angle from that. So to me it looks like the number is definitely done wrong.

Retail Starter authentics were predominantly made in El Salvador, whereas the gamers were manufactured in Berlin, WI. Starter logo on the back hem (S-star and wordmark underneath) plus the neck tags says that's from the 96/97 season. The 97/98 road jerseys had just the STARTER wordmark on the back hem and different neck tags.

Thanks for the info... didn't know that at all.

If you look at the top of the 7 near the nameplate, it does look crooked. At the bottom you can just make out where the fight strap is connected and the bottom of the 7 is at an angle from that. So to me it looks like the number is definitely done wrong.

That's what I thought too...but wanted a second opinion.

Once again you guys are awesome...thanks for the help.

That's the correct logo for replicas. If it was authentic it would have a silver shield.

But I don't understand, even replicas in the post-lockout era have a silver shield. My blue Panthers sweater from 2005-2007 has one.

I think he's referring to the orange NHL shield on the neck tag.

As we already discussed in a previous thread, there isn't an exact correlation between the year and the color of the shield on the neck tag of a CCM replica. This jersey was probably manufactured before the 2004 lockout anyway.

I think he's referring to the orange NHL shield on the neck tag.

As we already discussed in a previous thread, there isn't an exact correlation between the year and the color of the shield on the neck tag of a CCM replica. This jersey was probably manufactured before the 2004 lockout anyway.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

This Ducks jersey was obviously manufactured after the lockout but it has a tag with the orange shield.

image_zpsd93c4b83.jpg

This Ducks jersey was obviously manufactured after the lockout but it has a tag with the orange shield.

image_zpsd93c4b83.jpg

Right yeah I remember. :P

I've always wondered though...has there ever been pre-Edge era Reebok replicas?... :huh:

Edited by Nas

No, at least for the NHL. While Reebok made the authentics from 2005-07, CCM made the replicas.

Edited by LAK74

I just picked this up after only seeing one photo of the front of the jersey. I couldn't resist to get my hands on a Starter mesh Avs jersey. When I got it, the first thing I noticed was that it has the really ugly massive Starter font on the nameplate. I'm also not sure on the way the fight strap is attached, and after a little bit of research I'm not sure the neck and hem tags are a correct match? I'm pretty happy with it because it was quite cheap. I guess at best, it's a factory customised Starter authentic. I'm sure one of the Avs experts here can help.

2rg2o9t.jpg

1d9q1.jpg

e61sfc.jpg

Not an Avs expert, but the hem and neck tags look good for a 1996-1997 Starter authentic.

Agree with GPQ above. Neck tags match with the Starter hem logo for that year. Fight strap is the standard Scovill used on retail authentics.

The Sakic retail sweater seems a bit off to me, but it looks like a legit retail authentic.. I will let Jay "Burnaby Joe" Vean weigh in on it as he has more expertise than I about Avs sweaters but the inside neck collar doesn't look right to me...

The customization, especially the Sakic name plate for sure is off...

Edited by enzo269

From what I've seen from Starter Mesh jerseys, the tags looks fine to me.

Also, here's a bit more detail with respect to the tagging at the bottom of the jersey, which could help you determine the year of the jersey.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2610

I'm not sure about the customization on the numbers, I'm pretty sure they changed the numbers/customizer at some point but I haven't really found anything definitive on that, but like Enzo stated, definitely would love to have Jay "Burnaby Joe" chime in about that though.

That looks fake to me. Edited by OR68

If I was to guess I'd say it was one of those "Vintage Series" remakes and they removed the huge neck tag

If I was to guess I'd say it was one of those "Vintage Series" remakes and they removed the huge neck tag

It's a fake. The pic showing the inside of the crest gives it away.