It is good or not?

lafountain

I'll add I'm almost done stripping my first jersey, picked a hard one as well as it is an older jersey and needed literally everything on it stripped including the logo and fightstrap. Just have a couple shoulder numbers and the fight strap to go, I was a little nervous at first but once you get going it's actually quite easy. Especially in your case where the stitching isn't super close together. Def give it a try if you get it!

Edited by FuzzyPenguin

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all look good to me from the pictures.

The second one is absolutely a legit Edge 1.0. That seller is local to me and I know where he gets those jerseys.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm from the U.K. and even if i were to buy a lettering kit for it, I still wouldn't be able to get it sewn on, as there is no market for jerseys here. Would you be able to, or knows someone who could get it customised before it is shipped over?

Edited by DJ Rhea

There's a pretty good local place nearby. Though last I heard they were possibly closing for the summer.

I couldn't guarantee the customization to be 100% but they usually do everything pretty well. It just depends on how specific you are.

I'm pretty new to the jersey collecting too, as long as the colours match, it's the correct font, and it doesn't look like shoddy work, you can't go to far wrong, in my eyes. Would you get one of your jerseys done by them?

I'm pretty new to the jersey collecting too, as long as the colours match, it's the correct font, and it doesn't look like shoddy work, you can't go to far wrong, in my eyes. Would you get one of your jerseys done by them?

I've used them for plenty of stuff in the past.

All legit. I believe the 2nd one belongs to a member here.

Do you have any photos of their work, or a link to their website? If not as stated above the correct colour and font will be fine and sewn on properly, many thanks for your help dsl135

Their website is www.actionspotsports.com (formerly Jersey Express).

Just a couple of tips regarding sizing and possible customization. The first and third jerseys you listed are 6100-style, and as they are size 54, they are much bigger than the second jersey on your list, which is a size 52 Edge 1.0. If you fit in jerseys 1 & 3, then jersey 2 will probably be too small for you.

Jerseys #1 & 3 have the old NHL shield which was used on the Koho version used from 2000-04, but the Reebok version pictured in the auctions did not appear until 2005 and generally had a different design NHL shield. The auction jerseys were undoubtedly very early versions (possibly rebranded Kohos). Personally it would bug me somewhat that the NHL shield is not the one usually used on Reebok 6100's, but if I were to overlook that, for the sake of accuracy I would only put a player on it who played in the 2005-06 season.

Jersey #2 (Edge style) was used during between 2008 and 2011, but it is not the same version as the jerseys worn by the players, which was the Edge 2.0- I doubt anyone on the Leafs actually used a 1.0 alternate of this type.

This jersey looks good, other than a Koho 56 having huge sleeves that I could probably jump off a mountain and glide safely to the ground below with. More concerned about the customization. It looks pretty good to me but often others see things I don't/

Not sure if posting it here will make someone jump ahead of me and buy it, but I figured I would take a shot.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-SCOTT-NIEDERMAYER-New-Jersey-Devils-Koho-Jersey-Size-56-/271554181843?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f39e3fad3

This jersey looks good, other than a Koho 56 having huge sleeves that I could probably jump off a mountain and glide safely to the ground below with. More concerned about the customization. It looks pretty good to me but often others see things I don't/

Not sure if posting it here will make someone jump ahead of me and buy it, but I figured I would take a shot.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-SCOTT-NIEDERMAYER-New-Jersey-Devils-Koho-Jersey-Size-56-/271554181843?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f39e3fad3

Customization is not good. For some reason no one outside of CC when they did them prior to the 2004-05 lockout and EPS since then can get the #7 right. Lettering is a bit off too. Letters should be "bolder"

Just a couple of tips regarding sizing and possible customization. The first and third jerseys you listed are 6100-style, and as they are size 54, they are much bigger than the second jersey on your list, which is a size 52 Edge 1.0. If you fit in jerseys 1 & 3, then jersey 2 will probably be too small for you.

Jerseys #1 & 3 have the old NHL shield which was used on the Koho version used from 2000-04, but the Reebok version pictured in the auctions did not appear until 2005 and generally had a different design NHL shield. The auction jerseys were undoubtedly very early versions (possibly rebranded Kohos). Personally it would bug me somewhat that the NHL shield is not the one usually used on Reebok 6100's, but if I were to overlook that, for the sake of accuracy I would only put a player on it who played in the 2005-06 season.

Jersey #2 (Edge style) was used during between 2008 and 2011, but it is not the same version as the jerseys worn by the players, which was the Edge 2.0- I doubt anyone on the Leafs actually used a 1.0 alternate of this type.

Thanks for your reply, I'm 5 foot 6 so fitting into jerseys isn't too difficult for me, they usually drown me. I won the auction for jersey number 1 but he doesn't do international shipping, or at least hasn't replied to my message.

Yep, that 54 is likely to be pretty huge on you!

While we're on the topic of customization, quick thoughts on Icejerseys? I was going to ask them to stitch a patch and add a guy's name to my Meigray expo jersey.

They're pretty good. Sometimes have some small inaccuracies, but if you're specific with them, they're usually very good (and they stand behind their 100% guarantee).

Customization is not good. For some reason no one outside of CC when they did them prior to the 2004-05 lockout and EPS since then can get the #7 right. Lettering is a bit off too. Letters should be "bolder"

I was kind of thinking the same, especially regarding the name.

Thanks!

I was kind of thinking the same, especially regarding the name.

Thanks!

No problem and the name thickness is also a common problem with non-CC and EPS devils jerseys.

This jersey looks to be properly customized

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261538582825

No problem and the name thickness is also a common problem with non-CC and EPS devils jerseys.

This jersey looks to be properly customized

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261538582825

Yup that looks right. Thanks again.

This a legit premiere? I know it's not an ice model jersey but I love the style that only come in premiere form. Thanks in advance!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321467772602?nav=SEARCH

I guess that thing is "legit" although it would look better with a match.

Yeahhhhhhh every person I've ever seen wearing one of those "Black Ice" jerseys is always the highest level of bro-. Get a black Stadium Series instead.