It is good or not?

lafountain

Yeahhhhhhh every person I've ever seen wearing one of those "Black Ice" jerseys is always the highest level of bro-######. Get a black Stadium Series instead.

:lol: I think that jersey comes with white sunglasses

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a legit replica. And one of the earliest examples of a replica Thrashers jersey- this one was made in their first season, right at the turn of the century.

Well stated. White belt also.

Add madra shorts to complete DB the look

A friend asked me what he could expect to pay for a blank, authentic blue Washington Capitals jersey used from 1995-2000 as well as a blank, authentic white Caps jersey from 1987-1995. I did a quick look on eBay and didn't find much for the blue jersey, the white only found 1 or 2 listings. I attached some pics for reference.

Just wanted to help see if anyone here would be able to shed some light in terms of market value for these jerseys that I can pass along to him. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

VDntkMF.pnggVctznb.png

Washington capitals jersey answer:

The blue, depending on size, condition, $100-200

The older white $250-350, again depends on condition and size. PM me if you have any other questions.

It's not a legit authentic, no.

You ought to get together with Cygnus X-1. :)

How can you tell it's not an authentic?

Terrible materials, badly customized, a suspicious looking fight strap, all those poorly reproduced patches, and all that seller sells is knockoff garbage.

^ What he said. Understand though, that first you have to know what the patches, materials, etc. are supposed to look like. This just takes some experience, and will become easier as you acquire and learn more about legit jerseys.

^ What he said. Understand though, that first you have to know what the patches, materials, etc. are supposed to look like. This just takes some experience, and will become easier as you acquire and learn more about legit jerseys.

Thanks, I've got 40+ jerseys but mainly avalanche. I'm lost when it comes to other team. Do you possible have a pic of a proper 98 allstar jersey so that I can compare?

You can just do a Google image search, and you should get links to gameworns, authentics, replicas and even fakes!

For starters, there are some gamers here:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=546&keywords=1998+nhl+all+star+game+jersey&closed=true

You ought to get together with Cygnus X-1. :)

What's funny is I joined another board 3 days ago and had to use Cygnus 2112 as my handle b/c Cygnus X-1 was taken.

Those are reproductions, but I've always thought they looked pretty darned close to the originals. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem using one on a replica jersey.

Akteon posted some great comparison pics of originals vs. repros here:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6200&page=8#entry138832

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PATRICK-KANE-2010-STANLEY-CUP-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-RBK-CCM-/291209761195?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43cd7451ab

I can't really tell what's going on here. At first I thought the jersey was real, because the vector looked good on the back and the numbers and letter weren't that bubbly crap. But then on the front the patch looks janky and the NHL shield on the collar looks real, but completely tattered (at which point the seller is lying about its condition). But at the base of this all is the question of whether or not the jersey is authentic.

Edited by A Young Rookie Learnin

That thing is painfully fake, the cut of it looks boxy, the nhl shield is a mess like you said, the collar looks like garbage, and the material is definitely not air-knit or 1.0 material

That's what sets me off, but there's probably even more

That thing is painfully fake, the cut of it looks boxy, the nhl shield is a mess like you said, the collar looks like garbage, and the material is definitely not air-knit or 1.0 material

That's what sets me off, but there's probably even more

Gotcha, the material looked off to me too. And yeah, it is definitely boxy which no Edge ever is. Thank you!

What's funny is I joined another board 3 days ago and had to use Cygnus 2112 as my handle b/c Cygnus X-1 was taken.

Over 30 albums and a gazillions songs, and you both choose the same one? Idiots. :P

Haha. I was trying for consistency across multiple forums thank you very much!

Which, BTW, worked as I joined gameworn a few years back with the same handle and a fine human being from here found me and hooked me up with my Sjostrom Adam Graves' night shirt!