It is good or not?

lafountain

Here is what I know.... this is as far as West Edmonton Mall goes...

JERSEY CITY is no longer embroidering jerseys, unless you buy yours from there.

SPORTSCHECK will embroider your jersey, but they will only use heat press! Same goes for GAME ON SPORTS.

:( :( :( Wow, just wow.

Looks like my only option now is to go directly to Elite Sportswear, or send in my jerseys somewhere. The guy at JERSEY CITY told me that Elite Sportswear is no longer doing the embroidering for the Oilers, but I smell cheese.

Does anyone know if after dropping off your jersey/s to Elite Sportswear, they will give you the option to have it mailed to you when it's done, rather than having to pick it up?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I know.... this is as far as West Edmonton Mall goes...

JERSEY CITY is no longer embroidering jerseys, unless you buy yours from there.

SPORTSCHECK will embroider your jersey, but they will only use heat press! Same goes for GAME ON SPORTS.

:( :( :( Wow, just wow.

Looks like my only option now is to go directly to Elite Sportswear, or send in my jerseys somewhere. The guy at JERSEY CITY told me that Elite Sportswear is no longer doing the embroidering for the Oilers, but I smell cheese.

Does anyone know if after dropping off your jersey/s to Elite Sportswear, they will give you the option to have it mailed to you when it's done, rather than having to pick it up?

Jersey city in Prince George still accepts any and all jerseys for embroidering. They ship everything out to Calgary to get customized. Not sure why the store in West Edmonton isn't accepting jerseys purchased outside of the store. They're just letting money slip away.

Am I being hyper technical, or are jerseys not "embroidered"? Embroidery is when you sew a design into fabric, not when you sew letter and number patches onto fabric.

Embroidery is thread through fabric to make a design. Ccm hem logos are an example of embroidery. Stitching numbers and letters to a jersey is referred to as "cresting" back in the day, which literally came from applying a crest to a blank fabric garment.

It is clearly a fake, but I hope that's not the actual design of their jerseys...

Sometimes Reebok makes up jerseys and sends them to teams to see if they like the design, and possibly use them as a third jersey.

Sometimes, jerseys like those are actually legit, but not used as a design.

Case in point, when the OHL went to the Edge jerseys, they did not have 3rd jerseys the first year they had Edges. But, they did have them the 2nd year and every year after that. In the pre-Edge days, the Saginaw Spirit had a red 3rd jersey. Reebok sent the team an Edge version of this jersey to see whether or not the team liked the design. They decided to do something different, but the jersey itself is one of a kind and still exists. And you can see it at every Saginaw Spirit home game. It is being worn by the mascot.

You might say to yourself, why would the mascot wear a jersey that the team does not use, nor can any fan buy? Well, the mascot wore the red jersey prior to the Edge switch, and now he still wears one. For consistency???

The photos aren't big enough for me to see the details to know if it's counterfeit, but there are two possibilities.

1) It's counterfeit, and Reebok duped the counterfeiters. I think they did this with the Flyers Winter Classic jersey a few years back. Apparently to mess with the counterfeiters, they some how convince them that a different design is being used, leading to the counterfeiters producing a boatload of jerseys that end up not being relevant.

2) It's a prototype that somehow got out.

edit: Looked again, clearly counterfeit.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

It's as good as it gets. And yes, he wears a 52.

If you just want it to wear around then by all means go for it. If you are looking for collectible value, maybe its on the low side pricewise, but its not a valuable item.

There's a number available on eBay for $40-60. Most have been re-listed several times without selling. One CCM size large recently sold for $46.88.

eBay is always a good place to find out what people are paying for these kind of things.

You really can't go wrong picking up replicas for $20.

Hi all - I'm new here and looks like a great community you have. Glad to hop on board.

I found this NYR Lady Liberty jersey on craigslist: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/spo/4577513155.html

Is it worth picking up for $20? Or should I pass?

Thanks a bunch!

If you're questioning if $20 is too much for a replica Rangers liberty jersey, you may be getting into the wrong hobby!! ;)

If you're questioning if $20 is too much for a replica Rangers liberty jersey, you may be getting into the wrong hobby!! ;)

I'd be willing to pay it, just didn't know what people usually pay for a jersey of that quality. It's pretty hard to tell from that grainy picture though. I would have resold it since it wasn't my size. Ended up grabbing an '01-'07 Oilers 3rd for $25 on craigslist instead. Pretty happy with that. Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone, I found a Team Canada 2010 replica selling for 39$ on ebay but they jersey it self is very strange..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Team-Canada-Authentic-Hockey-Game-Jersey-7-Shirt/161399075257?_trksid=p2050601.c100272.m3467&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140813112422%26meid%3D74d44e776a484493baecf0cc2fd0fe32%26pid%3D100272%26prg%3D20140813112422%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D161399075257%26clkid%3D9212883962811562186&_qi=RTM1562569

If you look at on the sleeve 3rd picture the 2010 Olympic patch is completely covered with a white square(which for replicas I own two and they aren't covered and its the same deal with the HC logo which strikes me as odd..) everything else checks out, the numbers are stitched properly and there's no papery backing, also this is what he told me:

"This stitching? I bought this from Nike Town, so I don't think that they would sell a counterfeit. As far as the blocked out patch, I googled it, and it seems that the actual Olympic jerseys issued to the players have the patches with pictures, whereas the ones sold to the public are like mine"

if anyone out there can help me out that would be appreciated!

My guess would be it's a 2010 replica, and the patch got covered up so that someone would buy it for this past Olympics.

Guys is this what they call a "Indo edge" ? Thanks was looking into the Home and Away this guy happens to have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Patrice-Bergeron-Boston-Bruins-Authentic-Home-Reebok-Edge-Jersey-Size-54-/221533715178?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3394703aea

Yes. That is an Indo-Edge. Not really worth it. Edited by thebiggoalie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really still terrible at this mid 2000's model. Anyone? I think it's good, but I always get nervous on these ones.

I'm asking about the jersey itself. Fully plan to strip and re-customize. Hopefully making a trade with the guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281426737369?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by blurryhaze312