It is good or not?

lafountain

I'd say you are just fine. A bunch were sold back then through the catalog with all authentic patches and fully customized after the cup win. Could have even been bought a the arena. Based on the cup patch and the Badger patch, I'd say that's what you are looking at - not to mention the thing looks pristine, still with the hang tag on it. Not too awful many of them exist out of the catalog because not many people really could afford or wanted the jerseys back then.

Here's a few pics to compare the patches...

Cup:

1992StanleyCupFinals.jpg

Badger:

IMG_7652.jpg

The only thing to check up on is asking for a pic of the 25th patch. On those catalog orders you might find a patch that looks like this:

5606270_orig.jpg

Based on what detail I can make out from that ebay listing, I think that this is what you have on that one as well.

I've seen a few with that apparently came out of the catalog with that patch. 100% authentic in every other way...I'm just not sure what to make of that thing. Check out Eric's page, and you'll see a few he had like that. As one of the biggest Pens Game-Worn collectors, this isn't a guy that's going to have fakes.

http://steelcitygamers.weebly.com/gone-but-not-forgotten.html

This is what the 25th patch SHOULD look like:

IMG_7651-1.jpg

That's an extremely steep price to pay for one of those though.

Edited by blurryhaze312

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blurryhaze, great post!

FuzzyPenguin, I can now see that the Pens 25th patch on JFTW's jersey is not an original. There are about 6 fewer horizontal lines on the right side of the patch than there should be. Don't know why I didn't notice that before!

If you like to wear your jerseys, and don't want to look like you're wearing a garbage bag, I'd avoid 6100's all together, even if it means going for a CCM/Koho replica.

This is not relevant to really tall or big people.

I'm average height. A size 50 Edge is a bit baggy on me, but a size 46 is too small. I have a 48 Koho 6100 that I'm absolutely swimming in. It's mainly the arms that look silly because they're massive.

I am a huge fan of the 6100's and can't stand the Edge jerseys.

Maybe because I grew up in the 6100 era or maybe I just feel the Edge jersey's fit weird in all the wrong places. (long sleeves, bulky shoulders and narrow waist)

The Edge jerseys are made to fit well with pads and since I don't wear pads when I'm wearing my jerseys I go comfort.

I don't think the comparison of a 6100 to a "garbage bag" is fair.

I like to wear my jersey's big and throw a hoodie underneath if it's really cold out.

I guess it's all personal preference - you'll have to find your own style Eric.

Blurryhaze, great post!

FuzzyPenguin, I can now see that the Pens 25th patch on JFTW's jersey is not an original. There are about 6 fewer horizontal lines on the right side of the patch than there should be. Don't know why I didn't notice that before!

Yea, you can also tell by the skate that is up in the air.

What do you think is up with those? I've seen quite a few of them on the 3-patch jerseys from the arena/catalog where both the cup & Badger patches were clearly authentic. It's not an isolated incident, and it's not like someone would strip only the 25th patch and replace with a repro but not take the cup patch and wildly more rare Badger patch.

*edit*

Casey had a thread where he was removing one. I'm guessing it's one of the ones that Eric has on his "Gone But Not Forgotten" page that he had sold.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=6246

Edited by blurryhaze312

That customization is correct for the first two seasons of the screaming eagle. Don't remember if Tinner wore the A during those years though. Probably did.

Thanks for the help Guam!!!

Any international Nike experts able to spot if this is the full authentic or one of those funny inbetweenie semi-pro efforts Nike used to put out with the numerical sizing?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191378861138?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

There is a fight strap there but I can't get close enough to see if it's the proper Bauer flo-knit, as opposed to whatever they made the semi-pro ones from.

It's legit. A lot of 90's NBA jerseys were sublimated. Some teams even used that same style of Champion 'micro-mesh' on their game stuff. I'm not sure if the Pacers did but I know for a fact that the Knicks absolutely did.

Hi, I'm new around here, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I recently decided to splurge and buy myself an authentic Hossa jersey from Jersey Baron. I heard his stuff is legitimate, but also that his customization isn't exactly perfect. Unfortunately, I live in an area where hockey isn't the biggest venue, so I can't really easily find a local area that'll do the stitching for me. Because of that, I ended up just paying JB for the customization as well.

I was wondering if JB's customization really is that noticeably different than that of an actual Hawk's jersey? It'd be a bit disappointing to shell out that much money only to have an error in the stitching.

Hi, I'm new around here, so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I recently decided to splurge and buy myself an authentic Hossa jersey from Jersey Baron. I heard his stuff is legitimate, but also that his customization isn't exactly perfect. Unfortunately, I live in an area where hockey isn't the biggest venue, so I can't really easily find a local area that'll do the stitching for me. Because of that, I ended up just paying JB for the customization as well.

I was wondering if JB's customization really is that noticeably different than that of an actual Hawk's jersey? It'd be a bit disappointing to shell out that much money only to have an error in the stitching.

The common person won't notice major differences. There may be some minor ones, but its not going to be bad. He even has the red Edge material, so you're going to get an accurate nameplate material.

His pictures are of his customization, so you can compare them to game pictures and see that there won't be many noticeable differences.

The common person won't notice major differences. There may be some minor ones, but its not going to be bad. He even has the red Edge material, so you're going to get an accurate nameplate material.

His pictures are of his customization, so you can compare them to game pictures and see that there won't be many noticeable differences.

Thanks for the response! So long as it's not too terribly off, I'm relieved :)

Thanks for the response! So long as it's not too terribly off, I'm relieved :)

In the future, the guys on this site can usually tell you where to send a specific team's jersey to get it done 100% accurate, and usually it can be done by mail and the fact that the shop isn't local doesn't matter ( my Devils jerseys go to a shop in Illinois, as do the actual on-ice jerseys).

Just in case you want to do that next time.

In the future, the guys on this site can usually tell you where to send a specific team's jersey to get it done 100% accurate, and usually it can be done by mail and the fact that the shop isn't local doesn't matter ( my Devils jerseys go to a shop in Illinois, as do the actual on-ice jerseys).

Just in case you want to do that next time.

Ah, okay, good to know there are other options for me in the future, should I plan to get another one. On average, how long does it take and how much does it cost to get customizing done over mail?

Depends totally on the customizer. I use EPS, the Devils team customizer, and I can't remember if it's $60 or $65, plus $10 return shipping. Takes as long as it takes, anywhere from 4 weeks to 8-12 weeks during the busy times has happened. Fortunately I am never really in a rush so this doesn't bother me, plus I know the results will be spot on so its worth the wait.

I see. Bit of a shame that I didn't come across this forum before buying, otherwise I might've just bought the blank and gotten it customized elsewhere since the price seems to end up being about the same. But I suppose I'll see how my jersey ends up looking once it gets here. Thanks again for all your help!

Weclome aboard- just chalk up this as part of the learning experience of being a "shirt-head". We've all been there!

It's legit. It's a 2003 reissue of the 1980's Kings road jersey.

It's been hanging in the closet of a collector for years though!

So have the bodies of his other hack-job victims.

Hi guys, I'm new here but lurked a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231374904850?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Is this legit? I bought it, cause of the price, but I'm wary:

• There's no necktag inside... BUT the vector logo looks correctly sitched and has none of the paper backing hoopla; Also, it's just the perimeter of the vector.
  • I see bubbling on the crest on the front... BUT I don't see the trademark fake glossy sort of plastic look. It looks matte.
  • The NHL shield on the front of the neck is hard to determine... It LOOKS like it's sitched on, not into the jersey.
  • The crest's stitch job looks nice and neat...
  • There was not a pic of the fight strap but I compred the back photos where you see the outlines to the likes of my authentic Reinhart, Miller, Kaleta, Lundqvist, Nash, etc. jerseys and it looks about right.

Be the judge for a newb?