It is good or not?

lafountain

Back in the mid 90's I spoke with the guy who lettered all the team jerseys for Calgary and he told me they received blank jerseys and had to add the crest / numbers and any other patches.

Of particular note, Calgary seems to be the only team who's early 90s retail Center Ice jerseys differ from the on-ice versions, in that the gamers had triple layer crests (the base layer the same color as the jersey), while the retails only had 2 layers.

Retail -

Flamesretailcrest-vi.jpg[/url]

Gamer -

Flamesgamercrest-vi.jpg

Outlined in the upcoming book ;)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sniped this off ebay because of the price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-90-039-s-Starter-St-Louis-Blues-Hockey-Jersey-XL-Sewn-Patches-/301373486610?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Oe%252FxU9M8pVEPD15gptqt1bcslBY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I was just wondering if it was a legit replica? I'd also like votes on who to put on it and where to send it to? :)

I'm between Gretzky, Hull, Pronger, or MacInnis but leaning towards Gretzky though because I always wanted a Gretzky jersey. :)

I just sniped this off ebay because of the price. I was just wondering if it was a legit replica? I'd also like votes on who to put on it and where to send it to? :)

It's legit. Custom Crafted did the originals, and would most likely do the best job. The numbers on those jerseys featured a colored vinyl layer sandwiched between layers of twill, which I still find rather strange (but interesting).

Is this a legit replica with bad customization?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vincent-LeCavalier-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Official-Licensed-Jersey-/291286628918?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43d2093a36

Also would like to know what you think about this. I don't know about the front logo, may just be the angle of the picture, though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ED-BELFOUR-CCM-DALLAS-STARS-NHL-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SIZE-LARGE-/141459640728?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20efa6d198

Edited by travelingman

any thoughts on this one: Boston Bruins Authentic Pro Reebok EDGE2 0 Away Jersey Milan Lucic XL 2XL | eBay. the immediate red flag for me is the "R" in Reebok on the back (the fight strap stitching also looks a bit sloppy, but that could just be a bad photo). it's unlike any "R" i've ever seen on an authentic edge 2.0 7287 jersey. did reebok ever make an authentic jersey with this font, or is this one a fake?

any advice/confirmation would be much appreciated. thanks in advance...j

any thoughts on this one: Boston Bruins Authentic Pro Reebok EDGE2 0 Away Jersey Milan Lucic XL 2XL | eBay. the immediate red flag for me is the "R" in Reebok on the back (the fight strap stitching also looks a bit sloppy, but that could just be a bad photo). it's unlike any "R" i've ever seen on an authentic edge 2.0 7287 jersey. did reebok ever make an authentic jersey with this font, or is this one a fake?

any advice/confirmation would be much appreciated. thanks in advance...j

Looks fake to me.

There are a million things wrong with this terrible fake, and everything you have noticed is correct. Other things to take note of are the incorrect material, which has a very different texture than the airknit it's supposed to be made of. It's not just the fight strap stitching that's off, but the strap itself is terrible. The NHL shield on the front collar is way off. And on retail 2.0's, you won't find a legit one with the wordmark logo on the back of the neck, combined with that older style "Rbk" inner neck tag, which was used primarily on the original retail 1.0's back around 2007-08. Every retail NHL 2.0 I've ever seen has the newer "Reebok" neck tag. For detailed photos of a real Bruins 2.0, look at JerseyBaron's listings- he sells good stuff, and when you compare his photos to the fake ones, you can easily see all the differences:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSTON-BRUINS-AUTHENTIC-AWAY-WHITE-NHL-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-7287-HOCKEY-JERSEY-/301021705045?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item8bbcf12da0

thanks everyone. i guess you really DO get what you pay for! ;)

in checking out jerseybaron's store, i stumbled upon this jersey: Rask Boston Bruins NHL 2010 Winter Classic Reebok Hockey Jersey XL | eBay

how does this differ from a 2.0 7287? is it simply the material? or is there more to it than that?

thanks everyone. i guess you really DO get what you pay for! ;)

in checking out jerseybaron's store, i stumbled upon this jersey: Rask Boston Bruins NHL 2010 Winter Classic Reebok Hockey Jersey XL | eBay

how does this differ from a 2.0 7287? is it simply the material? or is there more to it than that?

Regardless of the huge difference between that jersey and a 2.0, bear (no pun intended) that Rask sat on the bench for that game.

I didn't see anything wrong with this replica at first glance, but I thought a few of the other jerseys this guy was selling were of dubious authenticity, so I'm unsure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Thornton-San-Jose-Sharks-jersey-/141459181830?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20ef9fd106

That is an 05-07 replica. All replicas during that time were branded CCM (home/away/alternates) and has no NHL puck on the back hem..

Edited by OR68

It's probably not game-worn. The sticker on the bag says "EW," presumably meaning event-worn. The LOA is very vague and only says "worn by Martin Brodeur in the presence of NHL Enterprises." If the seller is correct about the jersey being worn on 9/15/08, the season hadn't even begun yet. For all we know the jersey could have just been worn at a press conference. There's just not enough info about the jersey to know for sure what it really is, so I wouldn't have expected that jersey to fetch much.