It is good or not?

lafountain

I remember reading these replicas are no good in terms of quality, the maska name is what I recall. (I assume it's a replica anyway, because of the size small and not a number.)

How would it compare to a 50 2.0?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Chicago-Black-Hawks-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-Adult-S-Maska-Air-Knit-/281596215694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item419071418e

Edited by scarchelli

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those things are pretty small. I would say it would be close to a size 44 in a 2.0, if Reebok actually made them in that size.

I wouldn't bother with the old Maska replicas from the 80's and early 90's; they weren't very good. The mid-90's CCM replicas with the hockey rink neck tag, the late 90's ones with the dark blue tag, and the 2000's replicas with the CCM logo under the back collar, they're all pretty good quality for replicas. But don't expect any of them them to compete with your 2.0 in terms of crest/patch detail- they will all have rather flat patches without chain-stitching.

Can anyone help out here. Not too sure about practice jerseys. But came across this one and have been looking for an authentic one for awhile. I think it looks good but just wasn't sure about the colors of them, or why there would be no name and number on it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-game-worn-Marian-hossa-practice-jersey-2010-11-season-signed-/131430922459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99e4b8db&autorefresh=true

Can anyone help out here. Not too sure about practice jerseys. But came across this one and have been looking for an authentic one for awhile. I think it looks good but just wasn't sure about the colors of them, or why there would be no name and number on it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-game-worn-Marian-hossa-practice-jersey-2010-11-season-signed-/131430922459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99e4b8db&autorefresh=true

Definitely an authentic practice jersey. The description says that it was bought at a Blackhawks equipment sale, which probably means it was overstock that wasn't actually used (they normally save the ones that were used for the Blackhawks Convention). I'm not too sure about the what the color blue means, might be for an injured player? (They normally wear white/red/black for different lines I think). Anyone know more than I do about this who can help out?

The listing says it was worn by Hossa, but I have my doubts on that. Also the Signature looks a little off to me. But I'm no expert. I don't want it for the signature anyways but if it's fake then I definitley don't want a FAKE.

In my ongoing quest to get an ultrafil, I've decided this could be good. The seller isn't far from me and will meet me so I can try it on and whatnot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161580440373?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does it look accurate? No fouls?

No foul there. The Stanley Cup 100th patch is an original, and even the neck tags are correct for a 1992-93.

Like Mike said, the 7 is off. The diagonal bar should swing over much more to the left, so that its serif extends at least as far left as the serif on the top of the 7. Even the 2 is off somewhat. The middle horizontal bar should be higher and closer to the serif on the top of the 2. Conversely, the lower notch in the 2 should be more vertically elongated, i.e., more rectangular.

Any Blackhawks people out there know about a blue practice jersey with the vector logo on the front? Wondering what the blue stands for or means? I've never seen a blue one.

Teams use all different colour practice jerseys. Forwards wear one colour, defense another. Players that are practicing but can't receive any contact wear a different colour. Even the different lines will wear different colours in some cases.

I know that they wear different colors for lines, D, and forwards, but I just have never seen a Blue. I am thinking the same thing as you TML probably an injured player. Thanks for the input.

http://www.ebay.com/...utorefresh=true

Edited by Hawks2797

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I am looking to fill out my Stars collection wit a Lyashenko and came across these blanks. Do these look legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Stars-Authentic-Jersey-/281605496535?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Also, if these are the real deal, does anyone know if Blake's out in Texas will do a deceased player? I don't want to anger anyone with the request due to the circumstances of his passing.

Thanks!

The jersey looks legit. Sorry I couldn't answer your second question though.

The jersey looks legit. Sorry I couldn't answer your second question though.

Oh, it's ok - it's kind of an oddball question. I wanted to do a Lyashenko when he was still on the Stars, but never could find a dark jersey so I shelved the idea until recently when some friends and I were talking about the old days with the Stars.

Appreciate the reply :)

I would venture a guess that there wouldn't be a problem with lettering your jersey as such, but in the unlikely event that Blake's won't do it, as an alternative I could recommend EPS. I had an identical Koho green Stars lettered by EPS for the same season that you would probably request (2000-01), and I was amazed at what a nice job they did. Perfectly matched sublimated green airknit nameplate, and every letter and number spot-on accurate and perfectly cut and stitched. Out of 100+ customization jobs I've had done, this one is still one of the best in my collection.

I would venture a guess that there wouldn't be a problem with lettering your jersey as such, but in the unlikely event that Blake's won't do it, as an alternative I could recommend EPS. I had an identical Koho green Stars lettered by EPS for the same season that you would probably request (2000-01), and I was amazed at what a nice job they did. Perfectly matched sublimated green airknit nameplate, and every letter and number spot-on accurate and perfectly cut and stitched. Out of 100+ customization jobs I've had done, this one is still one of the best in my collection.

Interesting what you say about the airknit nameplate - I had two 2001 home Jerseys done 15 years ago and 1 home 2012 by River City Sports and I don't think that they have a nameplate on any of them. Should I be concerned about this?

It is an easy fix?

The gamers had nameplates. If it doesn't bother you that yours don't, then I'd just leave them that way. The jersey is sublimated, so it may be tough for some customizers to match the color and finish using regularly-dyed airknit. Maybe that's why they didn't bother with the plate. You could get new letters cut and stitched to a plate, but now you have a possible problem of matching the twill colors to those of the numbers. They may not match exactly due to aging or simply different twill stock used by the new letterer. You'd need to strip off the old letters first. Or possibly put the plate over the existing letters, although it wouldn't lay down as flat.

More than likely, I will just leave them the way they are as they do look really good. I guess that I will try Blake's or your suggestion of EPS from here on out.

I'll post pics at some point so you can see them :)

I just realized you said they were home jerseys, so the nameplates would have been plain white airknit, not sublimated. It shouldn't have been difficult at all to put those on; they just didn't bother.