It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/151688275387?_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i lost this bid at 180, is $240 a good price for it? what does the home lemieux authentic go for typically?

That's a knockoff.

You actually won because you lost. I feel bad for the winning bidder.

Edited by thebiggoalie

That Pens jersey is pretty clearly fake. Neck tagging is horrible and color of Badger patch looks way off I'm really surprised that there is such a market in faking classic styles though. How many buyers are there for a 23 year old style? Or looking at it another way, how cheap is it to fake something in China that you can do a run for something where sales will be in the hundreds?

Just notice the winning bidder for $242 left a negative feedback for the seller. "Fake jersey".

The seller relisted it. Hopefully bidders will know better now.

Just notice the winning bidder for $242 left a negative feedback for the seller. "Fake jersey".

The seller relisted it. Hopefully bidders will know better now.

If that's true, the negative feedback has been removed.

If that's true, the negative feedback has been removed.

It's still there. Talking about the first penguins one that sold for $242.

It's still there. Talking about the first penguins one that sold for $242.

Yes. Look at his feedback and you'll see it. He relisted it after though.

Yes. Look at his feedback and you'll see it. He relisted it after though.

Ahh I was looking at the wrong one. My bad.

If you guys are talking about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Then I think the negative feedback has been removed. That seller has no negative feedback at all.

Not saying its not fake, cuz it is, but I don't see negative feedback.

If you guys are talking about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Then I think the negative feedback has been removed. That seller has no negative feedback at all.

Not saying its not fake, cuz it is, but I don't see negative feedback.

It was there last night and obviously removed at this point for some reason.

can't someone just win the auction, leave a negative review and then not pay it?

Theoretically you could, but the seller could probably get that feedback removed. If I had to guess that's probably what just happened with the first guy, there's no way he was able to get the Jersey and determine it was fake in ~36 hours.

Agreed, that's probably what happened. And honestly, it's kind of disingenuous of the buyer. If you knew it was fake that fast, why didn't you figure it out before you bought it? That sort of thing.

If the seller was willing to let him out of the deal, he probably should have just walked away happy. Gotta do your due diligence on stuff like that.

Agreed, that's probably what happened. And honestly, it's kind of disingenuous of the buyer. If you knew it was fake that fast, why didn't you figure it out before you bought it? That sort of thing.

If the seller was willing to let him out of the deal, he probably should have just walked away happy. Gotta do your due diligence on stuff like that.

I would tend to agree with you, but then I remember the dude is peddling an obviously fake jersey and deserves whatever hassle he gets. It's actually aggravating that he was able to get the feedback removed at all, because as we all know, the jersey IS fake. Now some other poor sucker is gonna pay $200+ for it because eBay is protecting somebody selling a fake by removing possibly shady, but 1000% accurate feedback.

But hey, 10% is 10% right? So why would eBay care at all, bottom line is money for them, they don't care about anything or anyone else.

Edited by JoeM7392

True, but looking at his profile, he doesn't seem to traffic in fake jerseys. Maybe he doesn't have clue.

I'm probably too nice to bad people.

Hi, this is my first post. Can someone tell me if this is authentic. All the images I have seen from 1998 All Star game, Gretzky's Ranger patch is the rectangular original version and not the Liberty style. Is this a fake or was the Liberty style patch used as well? Could it be a licensing issue?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Wayne-Gretzky-1998-Official-NHL-All-Star-Game-Jersey-Vancouver-Size-52-Mint-/361300241362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541f2c2bd2&autorefresh=true

Edited by airwalker

The jersey is authentic, and you are correct, the patch on the jersey is the wrong one. It should be the Rangers shield logo with a silver border.

The jersey is authentic, and you are correct, the patch on the jersey is the wrong one. It should be the Rangers shield logo with a silver border.

So this is the real "pro" jersey? Were these jersey's originally blank, and if one wanted name and numbers, then it would be sewn on? Do you think Gerry Cosby's in New York would use a different patch, as the seller claimed that is where he bought the item from?

I would like to buy a Gretzky jersey because I have an opportunity for him to sign one item, and it would be fitting if it was from the 1998 All Star game that took place in Vancouver (since I'm from Vancouver).

Yes, that's the pro model. Generally, All-Star jerseys are sold blank so you can send it to any customizer and have it lettered with whichever player you want. It's up to you to find the correct patches. Some stores may sell pre-lettered jerseys, as we've seen with this year's All-Star Game. If Cosby did pre-letter that jersey, then they simply screwed up and put on the wrong patch.

Yes, that's the pro model. Generally, All-Star jerseys are sold blank so you can send it to any customizer and have it lettered with whichever player you want. It's up to you to find the correct patches. Some stores may sell pre-lettered jerseys, as we've seen with this year's All-Star Game. If Cosby did pre-letter that jersey, then they simply screwed up and put on the wrong patch.

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a few hockey memorabilia items, including a Nike Stevie Y jersey, stated to be authentic. I've done some research on it, and it looks good to me, but admittedly I'm no expert. I'm posting some pics hoping that you knowledgeable folk might be able to help me with a few questions on it like: Is it legit? From what I can tell it's either 96-97 or 97-98 (but it doesn't have the Konstantinov patch). I read on here that for the only other Nike Detroit year (98-99), the Center Ice tag was the double circle. Anyone able to clear up which season this season was? Maybe most likely 96-97?

I'm likely going to post it on ebay, so I'd like to make sure it's a legit authentic before doing that.

Thanks in advance for your help! Here are the pics:

post-23445-0-43724900-1433825600_thumb.j

post-23445-0-57190700-1433825604_thumb.j

post-23445-0-97742400-1433825605_thumb.j

post-23445-0-65044500-1433825607_thumb.j

post-23445-0-96351200-1433825634_thumb.j

post-23445-0-90698500-1433825636_thumb.j