It is good or not?

lafountain

Not a bad job at all, but the gray layer of the letters is not quite thick enough, so the rectangular holes in each letter are a bit too wide- they should be more like slits.

Same thing with the 1993- the holes and gaps in each letter are just a bit too wide. Also the diagonal part of the back 7's swings too far to the left. The jersey is also missing a captain's C and the Stanley Cup 1893-1993 patch.

Edited by LAK74

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a minor thing, really. If I were you I'd look up photos of gameworns and compare each letter to see whether it's enough of an issue to bother you. I've seen way worse jobs.

Legit?

Hard to tell with just the one picture, I asked the seller to email me some additional pictures. The "Gretzky" tag on the inside gives me pause since that is what the fake Rangers Gretzky retirement jersey has on it too but I've never seen a fake white liberty before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-New-York-Rangers-Liberty-Jersey-Away-/281757985121

Edited by liquidice

Legit?

Hard to tell with just the one picture, I asked the seller to email me some additional pictures. The "Gretzky" tag on the inside gives me pause since that is what the fake Rangers Gretzky retirement jersey has on it too but I've never seen a fake white liberty before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-New-York-Rangers-Liberty-Jersey-Away-/281757985121

White liberties have not been faked...yet.

That looks like a picture of a game issued jersey from the game worn.net auctions. I would just avoid it if I were you.

Edited by thebiggoalie

White liberties have not been faked...yet.

That looks like a picture of a game issued jersey from the game worn.net auctions. I would just avoid it if I were you.

Thanks - yeah looks like he updated the listing with some additional pics and it is a CCM Replica. Not bad, but imho not worth $200.

The Gretzky is overpriced. Better deals will arise

Anyone ever purchase from 3 dionphaneuf on ebay? After a quick search on this forum, I assume his jersey's are authentic?

Yes, no problems. He's also a member here.

Was at Dickssportinggoods yesterday at the Palasade's Mall and meandered over to the Rangers paraphinailia.

What the heck is RBK doing selling absolute junk for jerseys?

Are they trying to defete the chinese knock-off factories by making thier Premier jerseys look like the knock-off's?

The NYR Heritage jerseys didn't even have the correct font for the player names.

This goes way beyond being a jersey snob. It's down right insulting.

Edited by Richter9377

Yes, it's legit. Most (but not all) ProPlayer jerseys were made of flo-knit, which has that characteristic airknit hole pattern you can see especially in the 4th picture. The season ProPlayer jerseys were used (1999-2000), the NHL shield on the hem had silver embroidery, as did the CCM's. (In previous seasons they were orange.)

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously not a gamer, but on my phone screen I couldn't tell if this was good. Pictures suck but at that price I took a shot on it.

Good deal or good fake?

Edited by JoeM7392

I hope it is. This may just be me hoping its real, but do they really even fake size 56 jerseys?

Not sure I've seen an edge fake over a 52.

...maybe.

I bought it immediately when I saw it. Like I said, at $37 I'll risk it.

Although if it's real, at a size 56 1.0 I may be passing the deal on to another certain devils fan if I'm swimming in it.

Edited by JoeM7392

Yeah that was a good risk to take. It does look like a legit 1.0, although those pictures are pretty terrible. Hard to imagine its a game worn.

Edited by mfitz804

That looks like a 2.0 to me. You can see the front panel material is air-knit in that first clear shot. He's calling it game-worn though. I'm not sure about that. It seems like he's going through lengths to just happen to have the piece of material where you'd see the set tag in folded up and over so you CAN'T see anything. I'm not seeing a stitch box or even a nameplate on the rear shot either. But hell for $35? It's worth it.

Yup, I think it's a 2.0 as well. Even if it's not gameworn, at the very least it's team-issued. Can't beat the price.

Yeah I see no nameplate either, but not an issue if it's real. I'll strip it and make the Andy Greene I've been wanting. From what little I can see if the size tag, it doesn't look like it has the messed up looking Canada flag like fakes do.

We'll find out when it shows I guess. If it's a 2.0 I'll be ecstatic.

Now I sort of regret posting though. Last time I assumed I had a deal I jusped the gun on the celebration and the guy sold it out from under me.

Edited by JoeM7392

You don't understand how scared I am that that is going to happen. I have awful luck.