It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak to the accuracy of the font, but the quality of the work at Action Spot Sports is very good. They do the Sabres and Sharks on-ice jerseys.

What would bother me more than the nameplate color is that the font is noticeably off. The letters should have diagonal clips on the corners of the holes and notches in the D, R, O and S. The back 8's are way too skinny with excessively elongated holes. What color is the captain's C, if there is one? Should be black on white, although I've seen a lot of road jerseys with the layers in the wrong order.

Edited by LAK74

What would bother me more than the nameplate is that the font is noticeably off. The letters should have diagonal clips on the corners of the holes and notches in the D, R, O, S, etc. The back 8's are way too skinny with excessively elongated holes. What color is the captain's C, if there is one? Should be black on white, although I've seen a lot of road jerseys with the layers in the wrong order.

Here's a link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111650485707?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I think it's overpriced, obviously, but that doesn't mean they won't accept a lower offer.

The Captain's C is black on white.

s-l1600.jpg

I never realized just how much variation is in the customization on these Jerseys. Admittedly, I am just getting into collecting (as evidenced by my questions in the sizing thread). There's so much to worry about. Fake vs real, replica vs authentic, ultrafil vs air-knit, sizing and customization differences/problems. It's enough to make your head spin. Thankfully, there is a wealth of knowledge in this forum and I have really learned a ton from reading over the past few days.

I would have the name redone.

I use Action Spot for Mets jerseys, they do a great job with those. Someone told me they are the official customizer for the Mets, but I've never bothered to confirm that.

For the Mets? Do they not use Stitches anymore? I've been under that impression for years now.

I have not a clue. Just going by what someone told me, could be 100% wrong. They do a "spot" on job, though...

Well, thanks for the replies, guys. Think I'm gonna let this one go. For the price they're asking, the thing should be mint with 100% accuracy (IMO, anyway). The search continues...

Meanwhile, if anyone is selling an on-ice 94-00 Flyers Lindros or Desjardins in away orange or alternate black, size 48, hit me up :) Didn't see much in the trading post section.

Someone verify that this is a legit 1.0, please

Sure looks like it. I've been watching it for a couple days

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/201461335310

I'd say it looks fake. In 2011 Reebok no longer used the "Rbk" neck tag (should be the wordmark logo), and the texture of the collar and sleeve tips looks wrong.

Thanks guys. I wasn't quite sure, that's why I asked

Looking at the neck tie, it appears to cover the shield as well, usually a dead giveaway of a fake

Another way to tell is I've never seen any laced up Reebok jerseys actually tied when they come new in the bag (the authentic laces are actually quite short and can be tied but would look different). As well the "5" in the size of the tag the vertical line in the upper part of the "5" has a lean to the right on a proper jersey, fakes are usually much more up and down

I know this is last minute, but do you guys see any issues with this piece? The only thing I noticed is the crest looks a little weird...and the number stitching looks a bit scary.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252155926596&alt=web

I know this is last minute, but do you guys see any issues with this piece? The only thing I noticed is the crest looks a little weird...and the number stitching looks a bit scary.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=252155926596&alt=web

At a quick glance, I'm pretty sure the numbers on the arms are the wrong color combination, and that's just for starters. I'm pretty sure the rest of it looks pretty screwy too.

That stitching though. Wow.

I know right? The whole jersey needs to be redone...But where woild you find a replacement crest?

Hi guys, I'm super confused with this jersey I might buy.

Question is...did Mario Lemieux wear a white Starter mesh jersey for his final game of his first retirement in 1997?

Here is a photo of the jersey for sale.

Pens%20Mesh_zps6jajlffv.jpg

Here's his final game photos...

296133-apr-1997-center-mario-lemieux-of-

280414-apr-1997-mario-lemieux-of-the-pit

As you can see, the jersey is quite see through.

To add to the confusion, Game Worn Auctions calls it an Air-Knit??? I know this example isn't the Lemieux but it's from the same vintage.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1996_97_Robert_Lang_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Photo_Match-5864-154.html

I didn't even know Starter made Air Knit!?!? Lol.

Help me clear this up fellas! I know someone knows the truth to this mystery.

Edited by The_Dude_Abides