lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Your good 

What about that clearly indicates that it's legit? I'm still not as good as I should be at detecting the less-than-obvious fakes.

If something is fake it's easy to point out what's wrong with it, but if it's legit, there isn't much you could say except that everything looks like it's supposed to.  The key to spotting fakes is to keep looking at legit ones until you are familiar with their features.

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

What about that clearly indicates that it's legit? I'm still not as good as I should be at detecting the less-than-obvious fakes.

For starters, the rectangular twill block on the fight strap as opposed to the poorly sewn square pieces of garbage you see on fakes.

8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

See this piece of twill cross-cross-box sewn over the fight strap?  I haven't seen any fakes that have been able to get this right.  You know it when you see it.

s-l1600.jpg

Also, check out the NHL shield.  It's a patch that's sewn on.  Many fakes just have the shield straight embroidered on the jersey.  The true shield is an actual patch.

s-l1600.jpg

FYI, this looks like a 1.0, if that makes any difference.  You can tell by the front and shoulder materials.  They're not Air-knit like the 2.0s.

I am no expert & have an authentic not replica but that looks wrong to me.

9 minutes ago, Blake Hemlow said:

New York Rangers Henrik Lundqvist 3rd Jersey Legit Or Fake ? http://imgur.com/gallery/yDzq1

It's a legit premier replica. You'll be terribly disappointed in the quality of not just the jersey itself, but also the customization. 

2 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

It's a legit premier replica. You'll be terribly disappointed in the quality of not just the jersey itself, but also the customization. 

Thanks for telling me it's legit and I got one question can I send it away to get it fixed or it can't be fixed ? 

6 minutes ago, Blake Hemlow said:

Thanks for telling me it's legit and I got one question can I send it away to get it fixed or it can't be fixed ? 

Probably not worth it. That vinyl customization crap is usually pretty glued on there and will even start falling apart (but not off your jersey) every time you wash it. 

14 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Looks like a legit replica to me. No idea how correct the customization is, though. 

The customization is off as well. 

It looks like a precustomized replica, with one-layer printed numbers instead of multi-layer twill.  If it were me, I wouldn't even bother getting it fixed; you'd have to remove all the lettering yourself or pay someone to do it, plus pay for the new customization.  Easier and probably cheaper just to buy a blank and get it lettered correctly.

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

FYI, this looks like a 1.0, if that makes any difference.  You can tell by the front and shoulder materials.  They're not Air-knit like the 2.0s.

Fine by me. I already have a TI 1.0 Buffaslug, so it'll match.

I'm looking for the Team USA retro jerseys that they have been wearing most of the World Juniors including the gold medal game tonight.  There are a lot of fakes on eBay where the blue yoke comes down over the nameplate, but I saw the link below on eBay that look pretty good.  Any thoughts?  Or any one know any sites that sell these jerseys?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301967228327?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=600766191472&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Wennma01

I think that guy is legit but that is an insane amount to spend on a replica jersey. That said, you'll probably never find a pro jersey in that style. They've never been made available to the public as far as I know. A few leftover team stock ones have gotten out but, beyond that, you'd pretty much have to find a game worn one.

And I call dibs on the Troy Terry one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-CCM-Wayne-Gretzky-Canada-Jersey-1987-/262801918717?hash=item3d30370afd:g:vr4AAOSwZQRYdSTC

I have one of these so I'm not looking to buy it but I don't think it's from 1987

Can anyone give me some info about it?   

Thank you

Edited by Hockey Bob

You sure about that Mike? It looks like AirKint to me. (Looking at the crest)

It also looks like the numbers are heat pressed not twill 

The one I have is AirKnit with stitched on numbers